Brayton Lee is in the portal

Cowboy08

21 minutes ago, going4it said:

Which one would any team be getting? Last years Brayton was tough to watch, have to wonder if he didn’t heal up enough. Seems odd with the timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is his sixth year, so likely graduate stuff.

• Clown 1

3 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Maybe? I've heard him comment the cut was a tough one for him, but his first MMA fight was at 145, I think.

Day before weigh-ins, ~36 hours for 145 =/= 149 on two hours.

Edit: Also no cutting rules for MMA.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

He's a dude from Indiana.  Hoosiers lineup is less logical for him.  The boilermakers on the other hand...

But of course there is always Oklahoma State

Indiana makes sense if Gilcher uses his Oly-shirt.

9 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Good riddance to him. The coaches should have pulled the plug on him midseason last year. I’m fine with Roberts Manning the spot or Blockhaus. Lee physically and mentally will never return to his prior skill set.

Would love to see a Northwest kid in Roberts in the lineup. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

9 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Good riddance to him. The coaches should have pulled the plug on him midseason last year. I’m fine with Roberts Manning the spot or Blockhaus. Lee physically and mentally will never return to his prior skill set.

UM fans: wHy CaNt wE KeEp aNyOnE?!?!

Also UM fans: "Good riddance"

smh

• Fire 3

i am an idiot on the internet

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

He's a dude from Indiana.  Hoosiers lineup is less logical for him.  The boilermakers on the other hand...

But of course there is always Oklahoma State

If he would land at Indiana I am sure they can figure something out to get him in the lineup.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, BobDole said:

If he would land at Indiana I am sure they can figure something out to get him in the lineup.

He's good friends with Chad Red, so I could see that.

Brayton is as classy a person as you will find, so I hope he can regain his form wherever he ends up.

• Fire 5

6 hours ago, BobDole said:

I was hoping to actually see him at 149 or 165 for an attempt at Olympic aspirations.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I was hoping to actually see him at 149 or 165 for an attempt at Olympic aspirations.

He's likely a tweener internationally. His best weight would be 70kg. For an Olympic run he'd definitely be at 74kg, no way he makes 65kg.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

59 minutes ago, BobDole said:

He's likely a tweener internationally. His best weight would be 70kg. For an Olympic run he'd definitely be at 74kg, no way he makes 65kg.

At this point in time Brayton Lee is highly unlikely to make a freestyle olympic/world run. Pick the weight class he is best suited for at NCAA's and give it one last go.

• Fire 2

29 minutes ago, Gus said:

At this point in time Brayton Lee is highly unlikely to make a freestyle olympic/world run. Pick the weight class he is best suited for at NCAA's and give it one last go.

His style is better suited for freestyle. I think at this point he's looking to get the sour taste of last year out of his mouth and finish his senior year off right.

I do hope he gets a low AA in but something needs to change in his medical fortunes. He barely could drop to a knee to take a real shot last year and Al,ost looked in pain when clasping his hands trying to suck a leg in. He went from 17-2 with 1 loss a medical FF as his last match, to 4-9 last season.

On 8/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Lunaticfringe said:

Good riddance? What the hell is wrong with you. That kid busted his ass for MN. 

If he wasn't physically or mentally prepared to return, at least part of that has to be on the medical and coaching staff, yes? If he was too injured to wrestle (which is appeared from the outside) then he shouldn't have been out there. 

Good riddance? What the hell is wrong with you. That kid busted his ass for MN. 
If he wasn't physically or mentally prepared to return, at least part of that has to be on the medical and coaching staff, yes? If he was too injured to wrestle (which is appeared from the outside) then he shouldn't have been out there. 

As there is with most situations, there’s a lot more nuance to what has been going on with Lee than what should be shared on a forum. A change of scenery is not a bad outcome here for both parties. I wish Brayton Lee luck no matter where he goes or what he does in life. Great person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2