125kg @ 2023 Worlds

peanut

14 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

Sounds like you missed Parris performance at the Ranking Series tournament in July. Everything he did there indicated he is ready to take on the best in the world. Don't let a couple losses to Steveson at Final X make you think he can't hang with Petriashvili, Akgul, or Zare.

We also saw the rib-breaking performances against Wyatt Hendrickson. If Geno gets on top of Parris there is a very real chance the match will be over in about 6 seconds because only Sadulaev has a more sadistic gutwrench.

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, bnwtwg said:

We also saw the rib-breaking performances against Wyatt Hendrickson. If Geno gets on top of Parris there is a very real chance the match will be over in about 6 seconds because only Sadulaev has a more sadistic gutwrench.

Are you rooting for the USA or what, bro?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

28 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You could say this about a ton of different guys in freestyle. If ________ gets on top, watch out because they have a rib breaking gut wrench or an ankle breaking leg lace.

PNWfan

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Are you rooting for the USA or what, bro?

I am! But...

42 minutes ago, PNWfan said:

You could say this about a ton of different guys in freestyle. If ________ gets on top, watch out because they have a rib breaking gut wrench or an ankle breaking leg lace.

No, I am saying Geno's gutwrench is the second best in the world outside of Sadulaev. The bullet point I was trying to infer is that if Parris couldn't stop Hendrickson's gut wrench then I have serious concerns that he will get teched by a three time world champ/five time finalist/nine time medalist. I am concerned that he will be spinning faster than Zain Rethorford in last year's finals.

• Fire 1

Saw it mentioned that Steveson used wrestling and wrestling fans as leverage for his personal WWE gain. I support doing whatever it takes for personal gain but I can’t unsee it. Can’t believe the day would ever come where I was cheering for Basch and against Steveson. What a weird 4 days.

Update from the greco side:

I have been informed by a reliable source within the Team USA training camp that Cohlton Schultz has been loading up with a helping of local delicacy istrian jota at each meal because he is looking for any competitive advantages over his opponents. Schultz intends to utilize the overconsumption of this sauerkraut stew as a means to deploy extra stinky farts from opening whistle till the end of each match.

During camp Schultz has been especially relentless with his newfound lay-and-spray par terre offense. At one point trying to motivate bottom man, Herb House tossed a pillow which Mason Parris used to rest on but Schultz kept bullying him and released an unholy butt boom on the pillow. Parris now has pink eye as a result and may not be cleared before skin checks Saturday morning. One thing is for certain though: Schultz is not here to play games, he is here to win a medal and will do so by any shart necessary.

• Haha 1

Who knows?

With that loaded "fragrance" bomb packed away in his lower gastrointestinal tract... the news and reputation will proceed him in next weeks GR tournament start. The opposition may just forfeit their bouts against young Mr. Schultz, paving the way to the gold medal by default!

the-simpsons-excellent.gif

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On 9/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, bnwtwg said:

Saw it mentioned that Steveson used wrestling and wrestling fans as leverage for his personal WWE gain. I support doing whatever it takes for personal gain but I can’t unsee it. Can’t believe the day would ever come where I was cheering for Basch and against Steveson. What a weird 4 days.

"Saw it mentioned"... followed by junk post.

Oh, ok.

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"Saw it mentioned"... followed by junk post.

Oh, ok.

You can always block me. I didn’t think it was a junk post - lots of folks in wrestling feel hustled for wrasslin’ aspirations, so I’m not the only one. Steveson is an adult with money on the line so I don’t fault him one iota but just like his WWE run he isn’t making any fans with his actions.