Getting a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton.

Threadkilla

33 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

People are only truly free when they feel compelled by fear to carry a gun to the grocery store 

Especially children. 

And I'm not kidding. All legal here in Ioway. Wild west. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Didn't you say you were a researcher Ban??  Yet, you make this wild claim about Iowa and their guns yet clearly didn't do any sort of research to back it up.  But keep on keeping on.  

Here's a hint...Iowa is way down the latter in terms of gun deaths...and of those that die from guns, over 3/4 of those deaths are from suicide.  Sure sounds like the wild wild west to me.  🙄

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Didn't you say you were a researcher Ban??  Yet, you make this wild claim about Iowa and their guns yet clearly didn't do any sort of research to back it up.  But keep on keeping on.  

Here's a hint...Iowa is way down the latter in terms of gun deaths...and of those that die from guns, over 3/4 of those deaths are from suicide.  Sure sounds like the wild wild west to me.  🙄

Yeah,  I do some research.  I also live in Iowa and follow every law passed by our one party authoritarian rulers. 

I said nothing about gun deaths.  I simply stated the fact,  as I always do,  that Iowa has almost entirely de-regulated firearms,  with some of the most extreme actions in the country.

We rank 40th in per capita death by firearms rate, so yeah,  we're fairly low,  and a LONG way from the rates seen in blue states,  which almost universally have the lowest rates in the country. 

With that said,  and as shows across the country,  our wild west gun "laws" are still new and as data comes forward over the years,  we'll see our rates rise,  as they do in almost all states with lax gun laws. 

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 9/10/2023 at 1:01 PM, Ban Basketball said:

live in Iowa and follow every law passed by our one party authoritarian rulers.

Are those Iowan tyrants compelling anyone to carry a firearm?  Despicably authoritarian if so.

Are those Iowan tyrants using their administrative state powers to regulate that only one type of stove is allowed (not gas)? Toilet flush volume?  Lighting technology?  Car propulsion type?  Compel involuntary participation in a mass medical experiment?  How can you put up with such arbitrary authority being exercised over you?  

However, if those Iowan tyrants are merely ensuring that Iowan-Americans are free to exercise their rights as acknowledged by the Constitution then I can recommend to you a Governor more to your liking.  She is just down the road a bit in New Mexico.  Her non-authoritarian ban is probably much more aligned with your understanding of the word authoritarian.

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

Are those Iowan tyrants compelling anyone to carry a firearm?  Despicably authoritarian if so.

Are those Iowan tyrants using their administrative state powers to regulate that only one type of stove is allowed (not gas)? Toilet flush volume?  Lighting technology?  Car propulsion type?  Compel involuntary participation in a mass medical experiment?  How can you put up with such arbitrary authority being exercised over you?  

However, if those Iowan tyrants are merely ensuring that Iowan-Americans are free to exercise their rights as acknowledged by the Constitution then I can recommend to you a Governor more to your liking.  She is just down the road a bit in New Mexico.  Her non-authoritarian ban is probably much more aligned with your understanding of the word authoritarian.

I'm simply just stating the facts,  as they are here in Ioway. I don't like it any more than you. 

As for your second paragraph,  and correct me if I'm wrong, but has any State or Federal legislature mandated any of the specific things that you parrot, outside of maybe light bulbs? 

Instead,  the authoritarians in legislatures are canceling books ( classics included), what can be taught,  human sexuality eggakashun, requiring we teach about the benefits of slavery,  and books about the Holocaust, as only a SNAPSHOT of everything else they're canceling. 

Here's guessing you're on the same page too, based on what national data is showing us.

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

Cuba would be a better match. 

11 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'm simply just stating the facts,  as they are here in Ioway. I don't like it any more than you. 

As for your second paragraph,  and correct me if I'm wrong, but has any State or Federal legislature mandated any of the specific things that you parrot, outside of maybe light bulbs? 

Instead,  the authoritarians in legislatures are canceling books ( classics included), what can be taught,  human sexuality eggakashun, requiring we teach about the benefits of slavery,  and books about the Holocaust, as only a SNAPSHOT of everything else they're canceling. 

Here's guessing you're on the same page too, based on what national data is showing us.

https://www.marshall.edu/library/bannedbooks/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn/

After parent complaints about the use of racist epithets in To Kill a Mockingbird; Adventures of Huckleberry Finn; The Cay; Of Mice and Men; and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, the Burbank (CA) Unified School District superintendent removed these titles from required classroom reading lists.

Citing the use of racial slurs in the books, Duluth (MN) school district administrators decided to remove Twain’s book and To Kill a Mockingbird from the curriculum “to protect the dignity of our students” and not require them to read books that marginalize them. The titles remain in the school library, and are still optional reading for students.

Conservative strongholds are Burbank and Duluth.   It happens everywhere Ban.   Wherever there is government that can exercise authority, there will be those wanting to use authoritarian means of getting compliance.   You might want to add that to your curriculum. 

mspart

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://www.marshall.edu/library/bannedbooks/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn/

After parent complaints about the use of racist epithets in To Kill a Mockingbird; Adventures of Huckleberry Finn; The Cay; Of Mice and Men; and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, the Burbank (CA) Unified School District superintendent removed these titles from required classroom reading lists.

Citing the use of racial slurs in the books, Duluth (MN) school district administrators decided to remove Twain’s book and To Kill a Mockingbird from the curriculum “to protect the dignity of our students” and not require them to read books that marginalize them. The titles remain in the school library, and are still optional reading for students.

Conservative strongholds are Burbank and Duluth.   It happens everywhere Ban.   Wherever there is government that can exercise authority, there will be those wanting to use authoritarian means of getting compliance.   You might want to add that to your curriculum. 

mspart

Thank you!!

Not to mention...still waiting for that list of books that someone has "banned" in Florida and elsewhere...and we all will continue to wait while some spew it as if it is fact versus rhetoric and talking points from MSM

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

No.  These are books that have been cancelled off and on for decades. Today,  your book, curriculum, and other canceling is occuring from the 30 percenters.  Is the use of the N word that important to your learning? 

You either choose to fight it or support it.  Obviously,  you're good with it 30 percenter cancel culture. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

40 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Thank you!!

Not to mention...still waiting for that list of books that someone has "banned" in Florida and elsewhere...and we all will continue to wait while some spew it as if it is fact versus rhetoric and talking points from MSM

Haven't heard about the Florida books cancelled, eh?

Precisely why I don't do your work for you if you're unwilling to learn. 

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

No.  These are books that have been cancelled off and on for decades. Today,  your book, curriculum, and other canceling is occuring from the 30 percenters.  Is the use of the N word that important to your learning? 

You either choose to fight it or support it.  Obviously,  you're good with it 30 percenter cancel culture. 

These were not 30 percenter folks doing this as you call them.   They were your people.   Authoritarianism happened way in the past, in the near past, and today by many different groups.   The fact that you WON'T acknowledge that authoritarianism happens in more than one sphere is a wonder for an educated person such as yourself.

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

These were not 30 percenter folks doing this as you call them.   They were your people.   Authoritarianism happened way in the past, in the near past, and today by many different groups.   The fact that you WON'T acknowledge that authoritarianism happens in more than one sphere is a wonder for an educated person such as yourself.

mspart

For one,  legislatures are not the ones doing this.   These books featured an antiquated derogatory term toward black people.  They have been banned for decades now,  due to that one term.  Not the content,  not the subject,  but one unnecessary term.

As for today's authorutarian culture cancelling, it's being done through legislature s, which makes it unusual.  It's not just one term,  but themes,  content,  sexuality,  sex and gender,  race,  ethnicity,  and,  most bizarre, canceling the teaching of the Holocaust, while mandating that eggakators teach about the benefits of slavery for Blacks.

Again,  this is being done by legislators and authoritaroan gubners, NOT libraries,  schools,  or even school boards,  which is what happens with the N word.

Either way,  so ask you want,  but I'm still teaching what I teach about it.  I got them pesky facts on my side,  which Ronnie Trees Cause The Greenhouse Effect Reagan said,  "facts are stupid things. "

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yes California has mandates in place on utilities (natural gas not allowed in new construction) and vehicle fuel sources (gas vehicle sales outlawed by 2035). 

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

Yes California has mandates in place on utilities (natural gas not allowed in new construction) and vehicle fuel sources (gas vehicle sales outlawed by 2035). 

Doesn't change nor affect my life,  as we've had energy standards put on us our whole lives.  

If that passes for authoritarianism, then give me more of it! I'm all good with cutting my personal energy costs. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Doesn't change nor affecy my life,  and we've had energy standards put on us our whole lives.  

If that passes for authoritarianism, then give me more of it! I'm all good with cutting my personal energy costs. 

We don't have an electrical grid to support the added load from EV's and HVAC. Just wait til they are shutting down power in the midwest again to take a load off the electrical grid and support the southern states during the winter. 

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

We don't have an electrical grid to support the added load from EV's and HVAC. Just wait til they are shutting down power in the midwest again to take a load off the electrical grid and support the southern states during the winter. 

Says the present energy companies trying to dupe us into thinking a catastrophe looms if we don't keep buying their oil and coal. 

We are and will be fine.  I welcome the change.  Costs me less!

18 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

For one,  legislatures are not the ones doing this.   These books featured an antiquated derogatory term toward black people.  They have been banned for decades now,  due to that one term.  Not the content,  not the subject,  but one unnecessary term.

As for today's authorutarian culture cancelling, it's being done through legislature s, which makes it unusual.  It's not just one term,  but themes,  content,  sexuality,  sex and gender,  race,  ethnicity,  and,  most bizarre, canceling the teaching of the Holocaust, while mandating that eggakators teach about the benefits of slavery for Blacks.

Again,  this is being done by legislators and authoritaroan gubners, NOT libraries,  schools,  or even school boards,  which is what happens with the N word.

Either way,  so ask you want,  but I'm still teaching what I teach about it.  I got them pesky facts on my side,  which Ronnie Trees Cause The Greenhouse Effect Reagan said,  "facts are stupid things. "

Ban, you continue to prove me correct.  

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Ban, you continue to prove me correct.  

mspart

All well and good,  but I'm going to keep eggertating on the facts,  which includes our long history of book cancellation.  

Obviously,  the N word is an important one to you,  which MUST be preserved.  However,  no human sexuality though!

And,  according to Adelmund's authoritarian scale,  which I have taken, folks like me show up NOWHERE on his radar,  as I pointed out earlier. 

It's the 30 percenters,  with recent studies showing 26% ( and they ain't folks like me).

42 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Says the present energy companies trying to dupe us into thinking a catastrophe looms if we don't keep buying their oil and coal. 

We are and will be fine.  I welcome the change.  Costs me less!

I don’t need the energy companies to say anything! Two winters ago they were shutting down the electrical grid in the Midwest and leaving the midwesterners without power when it was 20 below zero to support the electrical grid in Texas because of the added load during a cold snap of weather. Now imagine adding more load from additional hvac equipment (no more natural gas allowed) and EV’s (no more gas allowed). How are you going to make it up? And at what cost? More rolling blackouts? Have you looked at the carbon footprint of one solar panel or a wind turbine? They will never even last long enough to offset their carbon footprints. How about the financial feasibility of them? With no government incentives, they are a terrible investment. What about batteries for EV’s? There’s not enough lithium and the carbon footprint of mining it is massive! It’s a sinking ship. Until there is a totally new technology developed we need to stick with fossil fuels or we need to embrace nuclear. 

38 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

All well and good,  but I'm going to keep eggertating on the facts,  which includes our long history of book cancellation.  

Obviously,  the N word is an important one to you,  which MUST be preserved.  However,  no human sexuality though!

Ban,

I must say you are a master of convoluting what people tell you.   You feign surprise saying you think I am concerned about N word books.  Far from it, you are concerned about banning books.  I gave you examples of non R people doing that and you excuse that away with faulty and non germane illogic.   And then say I am concerned about N words.   My argument is that authoritarianism is on both sides and somehow through your dizzying illogic you come up with me being concerned about books with N words.  It is an exercise worthy of an 8th grader.  

I love your handle name, but I tire of your excessive need to put out false tropes.   If you believe them I'm sorry for you.   If your students believe them, I sorry for them being influenced by you.   It is a sad situation where a person takes facts and twists them to illogical conclusions and then repeats and repeats until people tire of the tail chasing.   It is petty and immature.   You keep on being you, it obviously has brought you much peace in your life.  

Peace out. 

mspart

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, mspart said:

Ban,

If your students believe them, I sorry for them being influenced by you.   It is a sad situation where a person takes facts and twists them to illogical conclusions and then repeats and repeats until people tire of the tail chasing.   It is petty and immature.   You keep on being you, it obviously has brought you much peace in your life.  

Peace out. 

mspart

There is zero chance that more than 2 out of 100 of his students believe what he says.  2÷100=2%  Can you image the conversation they must have during afternoon/evening beer after class?  😯

43 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don’t need the energy companies to say anything! Two winters ago they were shutting down the electrical grid in the Midwest and leaving the midwesterners without power when it was 20 below zero to support the electrical grid in Texas because of the added load during a cold snap of weather. Now imagine adding more load from additional hvac equipment (no more natural gas allowed) and EV’s (no more gas allowed). How are you going to make it up? And at what cost? More rolling blackouts? Have you looked at the carbon footprint of one solar panel or a wind turbine? They will never even last long enough to offset their carbon footprints. How about the financial feasibility of them? With no government incentives, they are a terrible investment. What about batteries for EV’s? There’s not enough lithium and the carbon footprint of mining it is massive! It’s a sinking ship. Until there is a totally new technology developed we need to stick with fossil fuels or we need to embrace nuclear. 

I have no alarm with it. I know too many people who study and know alternative energies to be alarmed,  as I've not met one who share these concerns. 

39 minutes ago, mspart said:

Ban,

I must say you are a master of convoluting what people tell you.   You feign surprise saying you think I am concerned about N word books.  Far from it, you are concerned about banning books.  I gave you examples of non R people doing that and you excuse that away with faulty and non germane illogic.   And then say I am concerned about N words.   My argument is that authoritarianism is on both sides and somehow through your dizzying illogic you come up with me being concerned about books with N words.  It is an exercise worthy of an 8th grader.  

I love your handle name, but I tire of your excessive need to put out false tropes.   If you believe them I'm sorry for you.   If your students believe them, I sorry for them being influenced by you.   It is a sad situation where a person takes facts and twists them to illogical conclusions and then repeats and repeats until people tire of the tail chasing.   It is petty and immature.   You keep on being you, it obviously has brought you much peace in your life.  

Peace out. 

mspart

No,  authoritarianism isn't presently happening on both sides,  and nor has to for twenty or more years now. 

Again, Adelmund is one of the foremost names to research these ideologies and his studies show,  which I've read, that it's a one way street. 

I have an obligation to convey facts,  which is what daily. 

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

There is zero chance that more than 2 out of 100 of his students believe what he says.  2÷100=2%  Can you image the conversation they must have during afternoon/evening beer after class?  😯

Fine by me.  I just convey facts and get paid whether they buy it or not. 

However,  I'll trust what their end of the semester surveys tell me,  which have been overwhelmingly positive for 28 years. 

Still obsessed with me,  eh? Man,  I'd hate living like that.