Getting a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton.

Threadkilla

17 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

How about actual real-life scenarios and experiences from various types and levels of law enforcement who say that their departments policies are not to investigate certain crimes.  Who when they try and bring charges to the DA they instantly get dismissed?  Is that "Facebook news"?  Is that "fantasy land".  I sure hope you or a loved one isn't a victim of a crime and the DA lets the perp go and then says "It is not practical to lock everyone up."  

It is NOT fantasy land to say there are policies in place in police departments and in DA offices where there is directive is given to not go after certain perpetrators of certain crimes and/or prosecuting those crimes and/or recommend jail for certain crimes.  It's burying your head in the sand and viewing everything threw partisan glasses if you don't believe that.

That is practical.  It is a bureaucracy, they are never big enough.  They crave power, numbers and the money that comes with it

I have been a victim of crime multiple times,as have many families and friends.   In the end, well, it happened.  Punishment, or lack of it is empty either way.

It doesn't do society any good to pay 10 s of thousands of dollars to incarcerate shoplifters or junkies.  That would be fantasy to feel that way 

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

So many people live in fantasy land.  It is not practical lock everyone up.  Plus, all of @Husker_Du's assertions are just short of complete baloney, what with them being Facebook news and all.  If we went through them line by line, he'd just end with "I didn't do the research.  My bad."

yeah, i'm the one that lives in fantasy land. it's a day dream to think that violent crimes shouldn't be prosecuted and/or that the offenders shouldn't be out on the streets the next day as they await a trial (if they even prosecute). 

there are instances like this daily. there are victims' families crying about it daily. 

it's pretty clear that guys like you and Ban don't care about the welfare and protection of the average Joe and instead defend DEM policy (yes, literal policy) because of a partisan bent. 

TBD

23 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

yeah, i'm the one that lives in fantasy land. it's a day dream to think that violent crimes shouldn't be prosecuted and/or that the offenders shouldn't be out on the streets the next day as they await a trial (if they even prosecute). 

there are instances like this daily. there are victims' families crying about it daily. 

it's pretty clear that guys like you and Ban don't care about the welfare and protection of the average Joe and instead defend DEM policy (yes, literal policy) because of a partisan bent. 

I'm saying that there are real problems to solve and we can't jail 'em all.  Your arguments and accusations will fall completely apart when you try to solve them.  Then again, you don't have to.  Hell, you don't even have to acknowledge them.   Before criticizing the liberals(again), you should take a gander at the crime stats of red states vs blue states.

Depending on what you want to find, you might also compare by county to eliminate the skew of democrat run cities in majority republican states.  Or the rate of solved crimes and sentencing.  Or the rate of unreported crimes due to perceived waste of time.  

• Fire 4

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I'm saying that there are real problems to solve and we can't jail 'em all.  Your arguments and accusations will fall completely apart when you try to solve them.  Then again, you don't have to.  Hell, you don't even have to acknowledge them.   Before criticizing the liberals(again), you should take a gander at the crime stats of red states vs blue states.

Letting people:

steal X amount per day

come across the border with records (including those on terror watch lists)

letting violent criminals walk

low prosecution rate

...are all liberal policy measures.

you can't separate the party from the policy when one side enacted them and the other side rails against it. 

throw your hands up all you want and say 'we can't jail everyone!' but the above policy changes are nothing but nonsensical. there's zero chance you say with a straight face that these measures are good for society. and yet you vote for the party that institutes them. it's ok. just say what we all already know...the above policies, which exist in about all major cities rn, are stupid as hell. 

• Fire 3

TBD

lol. dig a little deeper. where are those crimes (in red states) taking place? 

Poor, rural, bright red areas.

At least, according to the last several decades of FBI crime statistics.

States with lowest violent crime rate: New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

States with highest violent crime rate: Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee and Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Depending on what you want to find, you might also compare by county to eliminate the skew of democrat run cities in majority republican states.  Or the rate of solved crimes and sentencing.  Or the rate of unreported crimes due to perceived waste of time.  

Now that would be using common sense. We are not allowed to use common sense when it applies to accurately determining the real numbers. Someone on here told me that. Over and over again.

• Haha 2

Now that would be using common sense. We are not allowed to use common sense when it applies to accurately determining the real numbers. Someone on here told me that. Over and over again.

Unfortunately, even if you remove urban areas from red states, they still have higher murder, SA, and other violent crime rates than blue states.

Meaning, non-urban, red-leaning areas drive the violent crime rate up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Unfortunately, even if you remove urban areas from red states, they still have higher murder, SA, and other violent crime rates than blue states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok. I would still rather live in my rural area in a red state. I tell my military customers if I had to deploy I would want my family in this rural area.

Ok. I would still rather live in my rural area in a red state. I tell my military customers if I had to deploy I would want my family in this rural area.

It’s great that they feel reassured, I suppose?

Personally, I’d prefer to use actual crime statistics rather than the word of stranger, but that’s just my opinion.

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

so many words, and so little substance.

look up the prosecution rates of major cities. they don't prosecute shit. DC is like 33%.

every day there's another terrible incident in NYC b/c someone that has been arrested a dozen times and was left out, reoffends. 

business and corporations are pulling out of chicago in significant #'s meaning less services and jobs. look it up.

you can't say 'it's not D vs. R' when all these are liberal policies literally espoused on the campaign trail by D's that you voted for.

"So many words"? What?

You give an excuse why you can't read a short post - then, proceed to post one just about the same length in response?

I'm very much OK with discussing topics, but if you want to jump around the topics like a politician to avoid actually discussing any of them. Well, that's your choice. You be you.

If you get to the point where you want to honestly discuss a topic, look me up... or don't.

Discussion, as a catalyst to mutual understanding, is something I appreciate. But not everyone needs to think that way.

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you're Ban 2.0.

you're an idiot poster i scroll past. 

you're not a serious person. 

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

Listen, it's a discussion board. We're here to discuss... kind of the point of the board to begin with.

I really do expect more from you. Your posting recently has been truly disappointing.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Letting people:

steal X amount per day

come across the border with records (including those on terror watch lists)

letting violent criminals walk

low prosecution rate

...are all liberal policy measures.

you can't separate the party from the policy when one side enacted them and the other side rails against it. 

throw your hands up all you want and say 'we can't jail everyone!' but the above policy changes are nothing but nonsensical. there's zero chance you say with a straight face that these measures are good for society. and yet you vote for the party that institutes them. it's ok. just say what we all already know...the above policies, which exist in about all major cities rn, are stupid as hell. 

Facebook news, like always.

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Hardly.  I don’t do facebook, never have, and I read and hear the same news.  A lot of it can be found on CNN. 

Wrong.

Facebook news is a catch all for the shi!t folks read on the Internet and gullibly accept as reality, usually in concert with like-minded people to further an erroneous narrative.  Like you and husker!

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Wrong.

Facebook news is a catch all for the shi!t folks read on the Internet and gullibly accept as reality, usually in concert with like-minded people to further an erroneous narrative.  Like you and husker!

I’ve posted two links in this thread that point out the problem.  Both were from CNN. 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Wrong.

Wrong.  It's "Tattletale News"!  Just ask Ban!  

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, Le duke said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." 

The articles I found making claims like yours (https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red-state-murder-problem) use data at the State level.  They inadequately filter at the county level, don't show their data, etc., to support their misleading statements.

Fact left out: 27 of the 30 cities with the highest murder rates in 2022 had Democratic mayors.

image.thumb.png.a1e81bde2c6fdc8aae81c7c442b009f6.png

For specificity, we need the city block areas where the bulk of violent crime occurs.  Logically most of these dangerous blocks will fall into the above cities.  

I knew this was bullshit from the headline.  There are a few blocks that are dangerous in urban areas.  There is nowhere that I fear for my safety in rural areas.  

After you read https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/report/the-blue-city-murder-problem, let us know what sources support your statement.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 4

9 minutes ago, jross said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." 

The articles I found making claims like yours (https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red-state-murder-problem) use data at the State level.  They inadequately filter at the county level, don't show their data, etc., to support their misleading statements.

Fact left out: 27 of the 30 cities with the highest murder rates in 2022 had Democratic mayors.

image.thumb.png.a1e81bde2c6fdc8aae81c7c442b009f6.png

For specificity, we need the city block areas where the bulk of violent crime occurs.  Logically most of these dangerous blocks will fall into the above cities.  

I knew this was bullshit from the headline.  There are a few blocks that are dangerous in urban areas.  There is nowhere that I fear for my safety in rural areas.  

After you read https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/report/the-blue-city-murder-problem, let us know what sources support your statement.

Thanks for your due diligence . For accurately giving us the real numbers. It seems that others can easily manipulate the numbers. Thanks I really appreciate your hard work.

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

Listen, it's a discussion board. We're here to discuss... kind of the point of the board to begin with.

I really do expect more from you. Your posting recently has been truly disappointing.

Good healthy discussion can be productive. We don't have to agree. Just keep it some what civil.

11 hours ago, Le duke said:

It’s great that they feel reassured, I suppose?

Personally, I’d prefer to use actual crime statistics rather than the word of stranger, but that’s just my opinion.

One homicide in the last 5 years in a population of 130,000. There you go.

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I live in a small rural town of about 3000 population and I can tell you crime is rampant here.  Why just a few weeks ago a neighbor’s bird dog escaped the backyard and ran loose through the neighborhood for several hours.  

Stay safe out there brother!

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1