2023 Junior Worlds

1 hour ago, Dark Energy said:

Thanks for this.  I can see this.  I believe I’ve seen TDs that occur and legs are already laced and then a lace turn occurs and  2 points are again given.  Total of 4.  Seemed like this was a similar situation but I’m guessing I’m not appreciating something.

That's what I was trying to say earlier. It's just the way it is. And that particular philosophy of scoring has been that way for decades. It actually loosened up some a while back in giving 3 then 4 for feet to back. But if it's from the mat, take your pick as to which 2 you want it to represent.

Just now, Le duke said:

Is Berge going to go 184 or 197?

Had a great tournament to take Bronze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDSU has Sloan at 197 so I assume 184.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

That match was so frustrating to watch. Couldn’t believe he pulled it out at the end after just giving up a point for not getting the hell up and wrestling. 

I want to see refs start swiping like they do for back points in folk.

New proposed rules: You have 10 seconds to return to center. 3min total injury time, unlimited blood time.

If you’re a college coach. Who you taking if you could only have one…Shapiro or Messenbrink?  I’ll go Shapiro. He just seems special. I think it was all the rolling around on that exercise hall that gives him that uncanny lateral motion. Messenbrink just so good at getting to the legs. That’s where Lilledahl and Berge struggled was just getting off an attack. Took Mitchell all of 1 sec to get a shot off. 

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Wisconsin.

We’ll see if he goes. Penn State doesn’t need him to kill everyone at NCAAs and he has an OLY RS in his pocket.

I would use the shirt. he will plenty of wrestling right in the wrestling room. Let Facundo have it this year.

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

New proposed rules: You have 10 seconds to return to center. 3min total injury time, unlimited blood time.

I mean they did bang him for a point. But it was so excessive. Ahh my elbow. Ok now it’s fine and I can get off the match winning shot 5 secs later. 

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Who  do  we need to talk to get it done. We need wrestlingknownothing.

7 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

If you’re a college coach. Who you taking if you could only have one…Shapiro or Messenbrink?  I’ll go Shapiro. He just seems special. I think it was all the rolling around on that exercise hall that gives him that uncanny lateral motion. Messenbrink just so good at getting to the legs. That’s where Lilledahl and Berge struggled was just getting off an attack. Took Mitchell all of 1 sec to get a shot off. 

Meant Lilledahl and Mendez struggled. Neither one took barely any shots in their finals matches. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Meant Lilledahl and Mendez struggled. Neither one took barely any shots in their finals matches. 

They are very good wrestlers . Mendez without a red shirt did very well last year in college. Lilledahl is still in high school. I would take them both. I would also take the heavyweight from Iran.Mousmi.

Can anyone explain to me why Christian Carroll placed 10th and the wrestlers from AZE, FRA, and KAZ placed above him? I am not mad about it but I do not understand how they do the placing.  FRA and KAZ were not pulled back into wrestle backs.  AZE lost the same round as Carroll.

Can anyone explain to me why Christian Carroll placed 10th and the wrestlers from AZE, FRA, and KAZ placed above him? I am not mad about it but I do not understand how they do the placing.  FRA and KAZ were not pulled back into wrestle backs.  AZE lost the same round as Carroll.

Comes down to the points of the individual matches.

A loss where you lose 10-2 scores more team points than getting teched 11-0.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Thing about messinbrink and Shapiro is they both wrestle so hard. They both also have a nasty club/collar tie. They just keep coming. I think Messenbrink may be a little more savvy in his leg attacks but Shapiro’s defense…my god. 

Your user name is appropriate when talking about Shapiro.  Does he have the most lethal ankle pick in the tournament (he had five TDs off of an ankle pick)?  I can't recall him ever getting stuck underneath after his own shot.

Did anyone notice that he's at least 3-4 inches taller than Yianni?

• Fire 1