Is anyone on this forum a violent extremist ? Have you ever met a violent extremist personally? You are aloud to take the 5th.

Paul158

11 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

However, I'm also not so stupid as to think that there weren't women from time to time who may have been better than I was.  Think you'd do ok against Ronda Rousey, Sugar Ray?

Seems like a reasonable post.

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

yes. yes, you are. 

Seems like a mean-spirited post from a guy in a big chair against a regular poster. 

Hey @Wrestleknownothing - Doesn't this make you "cringe" a little? You did insert yourself into this type of conversation before - are you silent now? 

5 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

This thread has taken a hella number of weird turns....even for these forums.

Nah, not really. Husker does like to blast others in posts. It's part of his thing.

Some of us blast back - I guess that's part of our thing... and so it goes.

Not necessarily great, not necessarily bad, it just is what it is. I'm hoping it'll evolve into something better.

(But in all seriousness, you really don't need to defend Willie. Really. You don't. He'll be fine.)

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Seems like a reasonable post.

Seems like a mean-spirited post from a guy in a big chair against a regular poster. 

Hey @Wrestleknownothing - Doesn't this make you "cringe" a little? You did insert yourself into this type of conversation before - are you silent now? 

No

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

22 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Unfortunately, Bob can't put Husker in the zoo... doesn't work that way.

I ended up there for a Minnie Mouse gif.

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 8/15/2023 at 9:24 PM, Husker_Du said:

jfc. you wouldn't have been fighting ronda rousey, ya dunce. Mike Tyson would have been. 

high school:high school::pros vs pros.

if you don't understand the very obvious advantage men have over women physically, how the ***duck duck goose** did you make it this far in life. 

It's not absolute,  and I also pernted out how many cried foul here in Iows over that female center and how she shouldn't be allowed to play. 

Too much nuance and thought needed for you,  I know. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 8/15/2023 at 9:25 PM, Husker_Du said:

i don't follow. fewer than 100 people, what now?

unrelated: who is your avatar? 

Avatar is a painting of Waylon Jennings.  One of my music heroes.

Edited by Ban Basketball

14 hours ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure I didn't suggest that.

No, you suggested,  as an apparent "freedom loving conservative, " that my culture should be cancelled.

If so,  please tell me what I'm doing that would warrant it,  vis a vis what most others do on here, including yisself?

Gotta love them there freedom loving cancel culturists, eh, friends?!

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

It's not absolute,  and I also pernted out how many cried foul here in Iows over that female center and how she shouldn't be allowed to play. 

Too much nuance and thought needed for you,  I know. 

you remind this board almost daily that you've been an educator for 28 years, and then also espouse ideas like males and females are physically equal.

so why, pray tell, are there genders in sports to begin with?

would you like (and would it be fair and better for society) if there were no women's sports and just unisex teams where the best competed together if they are of the ability to make the team?

if you answer 'no' to that question, you're contradicting yourself and finally realizing that your outlier approach to this is hogwash.

answering 'yes' pretty much reduces women's participation in sports to nothing. 

so what's your answer? 

TBD

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

To begin with?

Locker rooms.

In 5th grade, there are quite a lot of girls who can beat boys in sports. Taller, faster, stronger, etc., it isn't rare.

But splitting them up into separate locker rooms does make good sense.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you remind this board almost daily that you've been an educator for 28 years, and then also espouse ideas like males and females are physically equal.

would you like (and would it be fair and better for society) if there were no women's sports and just unisex teams where the best competed together if they are of the ability to make the team?

if you answer 'no' to that question, you're contradicting yourself and finally realizing that your outlier approach to this is hogwash.

so what's your answer? 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxU9mI3utpJphCfEK2GHT1s8TGwxn3OFkO

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

To begin with?

Locker rooms.

In 5th grade, there are quite a lot of girls who can beat boys in sports. Taller, faster, stronger, etc., it isn't rare.

But splitting them up into separate locker rooms does make good sense.

1) you mean to tell me that you truly think there are men's and women's sports simply because of locker rooms? (please tell me you were kidding. and if you weren't i'm going to need you to go sit and the corner and think about this for a while.)

2) locker rooms by gender are going by the wayside.

TBD

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Did I see this right?  That the girl to be afraid of, Ronda Rousey, is 5’7”-135lbs?

Yes . You saw that right . Do you think she beat a decent 18-year-old high school wrestler that had just a little MMa training? That was the same size.

8 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

so what's your answer? 

For starters,  sex and gender are not the same concepts.  If people are aware of that it will help their understanding.

As for your claim,  no, I've said two things only: (1) it's not absolute and (2) people cry foul when a biological woman has an "advantage" over other women,  at least here in Iowa.

I also find it curious that folks get so infuriated for weeks by fewer than 100 people having this apparent "advantage," yet shrug their shoulders when several hundred people obtain an "average" by using steroids.  That's where bigotry rears its ugly head.  It's not about "advantage, " it's about rage directed at folks whose gender does not match his/her sex.

4 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Did I see this right?  That the girl to be afraid of, Ronda Rousey, is 5’7”-135lbs?

I boxed for much of my life,  albeit,  as an amateur, and even in my best days I couldn't have beaten her.  I was also bigger than her. 

Give it a try. Sugar Ray. If you have a local boxing ring,  go fight a pro female boxer and tell me how it went. 

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Yes . You saw that right . Do you think she beat a decent 18-year-old high school wrestler that had just a little MMa training? That was the same size.

Absolutely.  She's a pro at judo. 

48 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

In a boxing match, Rhonda Rousey would not hold much of an advantage over any male who has done some boxing training.  Striking was absolutley her downfall in mma.

Now.....a grappling match....

Baloney. A pro boxing an amateur,  regardless of sex,  is a losing battle for the amateur.

I boxed for many years,  so I know. 

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Absolutely.  She's a pro at judo. 

I would take that bet any day. She is a  very talented female. She is very good at Judo. But 18 a year old wrestler would be stronger and have the skills to defend her judo throws. Plus wrestlers naturally know submission holds.

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Rousey is not, nor never was, a pro boxer.   

She fights professionally.  I don't think I could have beaten her and I boxed for several years. 

If you've never done it you can't understand how good pro trained fighters are.