Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 shuffle (maybe) coming in hot

bnwtwg

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Will Big 10 change names?  Big 12?   Pac 12.   My suggestion for Pac 12 name change is Pac 0.   There will be no PAC anymore.   It's done.   That history is gone.

mspart

Very insightful. 

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Very insightful. 

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Will Big 10 change names?  Big 12?   Pac 12.   My suggestion for Pac 12 name change is Pac 0.   There will be no PAC anymore.   It's done.   That history is gone.

mspart

Pac1.  Whoever is last one not to get out the door can have it and all copyrights, logos, images etc.

• Fire 2

If I remember history and I'm not sure I am remembering it well, it was the Big 8 champ vs Pac 8 champ at the Rose Bowl.   That was the deal for a lot of the history of the Rose Bowl.   That has been lost for the last number of years, but the Pac 8 was a serious conference.   Now it is relegated to history.  I'm a nostalgic type and just think this is sad.   Blame money and airplanes.   Can you imagine Big 8 winner traveling all the way to Pasadena back in the day.   Miserable.  That was the key to Pac 8 success at the Rose Bowl ha ha.  

mspart

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, mspart said:

1 minute ago, TylerDurden said:

2PAC is the obvious choice.

They killed that one already!

• Fire 3

19 hours ago, mspart said:

If I remember history and I'm not sure I am remembering it well, it was the Big 8 champ vs Pac 8 champ at the Rose Bowl.   That was the deal for a lot of the history of the Rose Bowl.   That has been lost for the last number of years, but the Pac 8 was a serious conference.   Now it is relegated to history.  I'm a nostalgic type and just think this is sad.   Blame money and airplanes.   Can you imagine Big 8 winner traveling all the way to Pasadena back in the day.   Miserable.  That was the key to Pac 8 success at the Rose Bowl ha ha.  

mspart

Never Big 8. Pac 8 and Big 10

5 minutes ago, wjd said:

Never Big 8. Pac 8 and Big 10

Correct. Big Eight turned into Big 12 when Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor left the SWC to join the Big Eight.

Remember the Southwest Conference? Also came apart over TV deals. The Athletic has a good article on this.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

22 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

I don’t believe you are remembering correctly. Big 10 and PAC we’re the traditional Rose Bowl opponents for decades. Big 8 was either Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl, while SEC owned the Sugar. 

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Correct. Big Eight turned into Big 12 when Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor left the SWC to join the Big Eight.

Remember the Southwest Conference? Also came apart over TV deals. The Athletic has a good article on this.

Texas kills every league it's in. Change my mind.

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

I don’t believe you are remembering correctly. Big 10 and PAC we’re the traditional Rose Bowl opponents for decades. Big 8 was either Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl, while SEC owned the Sugar. 

Yep - in the early 1900's it had a different name - PCC I think it was called where they played random teams from the East. I think the Pac vs Big10 era started in the 40's and continued on. Both leagues have had slightly different names. But I don't recall reading or ever hearing of a Big 8 vs Pac tradition in the Rose Bowl. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐