Science, AntiScience, and Censorship

Husker_Du

On 8/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, mspart said:

Everyone, Brother BB just got out of exile.   I'm not saying go easy on him, but he is a brother and should be on these boards.  

Brother BB - Hang in there man.   You are doing fine as far as I can see.

mspart

Thanks, my friend.  I'm not the man I was once-age has caught up with me-so I don't have the stamina for too much back and forth these days.

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

17 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I liked The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. 

I saw it on stage.  It was killer.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

LMFAO at the left.

Why - just why?

How can you possibly decide to post something so incredibly stupid while blaming it on half the population of the US?

It's like you're thinking "Heh heh, I'll get that 50% of the country. Screw that half. I'll win with this." Except, you win nothing. You just look dumb. Really dumb. Makes no sense, unless maybe you have some kind of evil plan?

6a00df351e888f88340191027c0cff970c-600wi

Here's a link to the FDA's site on this topic:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

And here's a link to the FactCheck.org site on the topic:

FDA Did Not Change Position on Ivermectin Use, Contrary to Online Claims - FactCheck.org

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you know you're slippin when you have to resort to personal insults.

advantage: me. 

that being said, i didn't research it myself and took Kirk's tweet at face value. that's my bad. 

Except that you are attacking half of the country - it is a pattern. It's what we have to suffer through when reading most of your posts. Yes, yes. We get it, you're a Fox News R vs D and you blindly jump on the R side.

"I read some guy's tweet, so it's cool for me to try to insult half the country over it because he's a Fox News guy"...

Think harder. Think about the responsibility of being in a position where you can influence people. Think bigger. You're in a bigger chair.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Why - just why?

How can you possibly decide to post something so incredibly stupid while blaming it on half the population of the US?

It's like you're thinking "Heh heh, I'll get that 50% of the country. Screw that half. I'll win with this." Except, you win nothing. You just look dumb. Really dumb. Makes no sense, unless maybe you have some kind of evil plan?

6a00df351e888f88340191027c0cff970c-600wi

Here's a link to the FDA's site on this topic:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

And here's a link to the FactCheck.org site on the topic:

FDA Did Not Change Position on Ivermectin Use, Contrary to Online Claims - FactCheck.org

The personal attack makes it hard to pay any attention to anything else you said.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

he's talking about the picture of mini me numbnuts. 

and ffs, lighten up. me saying 'lol at the left' is not 'attacking half a nation, ya sally'

but it's totally ok for you to post a picture of a banjo kid suggesting completely prejudicial, that people are backwards and stupid.

or how about your post from a half hour ago calling someone's state a 'shithole'.

stay classy, hypocrite. 

• Fire 1

TBD

26 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

he's talking about the picture of mini me numbnuts. 

and ffs, lighten up. me saying 'lol at the left' is not 'attacking half a nation, ya sally'

but it's totally ok for you to post a picture of a banjo kid suggesting completely prejudicial, that people are backwards and stupid.

or how about your post from a half hour ago calling someone's state a 'shithole'.

stay classy, hypocrite. 

My mistake... that's on me.

I didn't realize that you were "mini me numbnuts" - so, are you a rapper? It's a cool name for a rapper.

I've heard of Lil Baby, Doja Cat, Lil Durk, Future, Lil Nas X... I like Mini Me Numbnuts better.

Stick with it, it's a good name, IMO you'll go places.

23 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The personal attack makes it hard to pay any attention to anything else you said.

So - it would be interesting to know. How do Husker's personal attacks affect your focus? 

Below is just a sample - look back yourself, you'll see this has been an ongoing back 'n forth.

(I understand if you'd prefer not to reply. There is a possibility you'll be banned.)

47 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

if it's not clear, i think you're an excuse making p.o.s. who doesn't want to address the reality that children are being effed in the head at an alarming rate. you and your type aren't much better than the offenders imo. 

***duck duck goose** freaks. 

41 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

no. you don't, nitwit. 

58 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

he's talking about the picture of mini me numbnuts

stay classy, hypocrite

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

So - it would be interesting to know. How do Husker's personal attacks affect your focus? 

Below is just a sample - look back yourself, you'll see this has been an ongoing back 'n forth.

(I understand if you'd prefer not to reply. There is a possibility you'll be banned.)

More often than not I think of the name calling as lazy. But the name calling is also very generic and non-specific. You were very specific which made it more of a personal attack. My reaction was more visceral, less intellectual. When I see nitwit, dum dum, and the like I mostly roll my eyes. Your post made me cringe. For me that is the difference, my level of immediate reaction.

• Fire 4

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 8/12/2023 at 2:07 AM, Husker_Du said:

LMFAO at the left.

Looks as though AM radio and Tattletale News has done sent you down a rabbit hole AGAIN!  🤣

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:39 PM, Husker_Du said:

you know you're slippin when you have to resort to personal insults.

advantage: me. 

that being said, i didn't research it myself and took Kirk's tweet at face value. that's my bad. 

Coming from the person who calls every nitwit or worse.

• Fire 1

19 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the only one distracted and confused was you, genius.

you can't even figure out when you couldn't figure something out and it had to be pointed out to you. 

Your first sentence is not true. Your second sentence, also not true.

But, with your posts, you have proven that you are a person who seems to first lash out angrily rather than try to come to an understanding. I'm not being condescending when I say that I think that's something you might want to work on.

I'm guilty of the same thing - as WKN pointed out, sometimes I react lazily with insults rather than with thoughtful argument. I try to be more like Brother Morris was, but sometimes it isn't in my nature so it can be a bit of a struggle.

Ban seems to be always-chill. I don't think his heart rate or blood pressure changes a single iota when he's here.

Oh well, as I always say - none of us are perfect, the best we can do is to try to do the best we can do.

16 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

More often than not I think of the name calling as lazy. But the name calling is also very generic and non-specific. You were very specific which made it more of a personal attack. My reaction was more visceral, less intellectual. When I see nitwit, dum dum, and the like I mostly roll my eyes. Your post made me cringe. For me that is the difference, my level of immediate reaction.

That's completely fair.

I find that I'm usually the opposite. What makes me cringe is when someone decides to blast a large swath of the US population as being "idiots" or some other term for inferior. A day doesn't go by when we don't see either the R or D party being targeted as being morons/etc. by at least a few posts. We see the same type of thing towards LGBT groups, NRA members, people of color, pro-life supporters, woke supporters, etc. People post who actually believe their hate toward a group is justified.

That being said - petty personal back-and-forth's aren't good either. I should do more to nip them in the bud sooner than later. They aren't fun for anyone and accomplish nothing.