Another Round Of Trying To Forgive Loans

Bigbrog

12 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I feel like this part where I post unflattering pictures of Appalachia or some other red area.  Or maybe pictures of Malibu or Yosemite to show a different view of California.  That would be pointless.

cmon Plas. there's zero reason rich cities should be sh1tholes.

it's directly related to policy.

are you saying that there's nothing a city can do to prevent this? are you saying that recent policy changes didn't directly cause this? that's either either naive or a tribal defense. 

• Fire 1

TBD

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

cmon Plas. there's zero reason rich cities should be sh1tholes.

it's directly related to policy.

are you saying that there's nothing a city can do to prevent this? are you saying that recent policy changes didn't directly cause this? that's either either naive or a tribal defense. 

Rich cities are not shitholes.  Parts are, not denying that.  Further, they could be governed better.  Some policies are awful to be sure.  Some policies are maligned without thought as to why they exist or what the consequence would be if they didn't exist, classic arm chair quarterbacking.

A bigger point is you could record that same video in Miami, FL.....or Indianapolis, IN.....or Dallas, TX

But there's a difference in screaming PROBLEM>>>>YOURE EVIL and recording click bait....vs putting that same effort into sitting down, talking, and reaching solutions.   It's not a characteristic isolated to one side of the aisle.

i mean, you wanna call it arm chair qb'ing, fine. that's lazy. and i don't have to live in those sh!tholes.

but if you're denying that no cash bail, open drug markets, and seas of homeless camps

didn't directly change things for the worse overnight

you're just simply stupid or refusing to hold elected officials accountable for clear cause-and-effect.

truly bizarre how the left sticks their head in the sand to defend politicians whose decisions directly lead to worse conditions. 

• Fire 1

TBD

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

i mean, you wanna call it arm chair qb'ing, fine. that's lazy. and i don't have to live in those sh!tholes.

but if you're denying that no cash bail, open drug markets, and seas of homeless camps

you're just simply stupid or refusing to hold elected officials accountable for clear cause-and-effect.

truly bizarre how the left sticks their head in the sand to defend politicians whose decisions directly lead to worse conditions. 

I don't think it is lazy at all.  Lazy is ignoring problems or pretending there are easy solutions to it.  Where do you expect homeless to go and where did they come from?  No cash bail is a whole different kettle of fish.  The open drug markets are eye popping for sure, very sad.  Also closely correlated with the homeless, so a difficult problem to solve.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't think it is lazy at all.  Lazy is ignoring problems or pretending there are easy solutions to it.  Where do you expect homeless to go and where did they come from?  No cash bail is a whole different kettle of fish.  The open drug markets are eye popping for sure, very sad.  Also closely correlated with the homeless, so a difficult problem to solve.

it's 100% lazy.

i criticize, you say 'arm chair qb', which can be said for any topic ever.

how bout this easy solution: repeal the policies that just recently led to a worsening situation!

brilliant! 

• Haha 1

TBD

20 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it's 100% lazy.

i criticize, you say 'arm chair qb', which can be said for any topic ever.

how bout this easy solution: repeal the policies that just recently led to a worsening situation!

brilliant! 

Be specific.  Before you repeal policies you have to acknowledge the problems they are trying to address and come up with better policies.  Thus far, it would appear you blame cities for problems specifically unique to cities and then offer no solution.

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

A homeless guy in California was interviewed and he said he was given $800 a month to stay homeless.  He said he spent the money on drugs that he resold to make more money.  

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Homeless guys on drugs are notoriously reliable narrators.

Especially so for paid interviews.

So why is it that people and businesses are leaving California in droves than...the last two years their population has shrunk??  Because their the state is so rich and they hate all the money??  🙄

And why does it have to be a left vs. right thing to acknowledge that the state has some terrible policies and people are leaving that state as fast as they can?

• Fire 2

1. 4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

“Sometimes it seems as if there are more solutions than problems. On closer scrutiny, it turns out that many of today’s problems are a result of yesterday’s solutions.” T sowell

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Be specific.  Before you repeal policies you have to acknowledge the problems they are trying to address and come up with better policies.  Thus far, it would appear you blame cities for problems specifically unique to cities and then offer no solution.

1. “Sometimes it seems as if there are more solutions than problems. On closer scrutiny, it turns out that many of today’s problems are a result of yesterday’s solutions.”

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

So why is it that people and businesses are leaving California in droves than...the last two years their population has shrunk??  Because their the state is so rich and they hate all the money??  🙄

And why does it have to be a left vs. right thing to acknowledge that the state has some terrible policies and people are leaving that state as fast as they can?

I don't think there is any real disagreement about California, at least on my end.  They have no shortage of issues.  There are many reasons for people to leave, primarily real estate but the cities are congested, traffic, wild fires, drought, taxes, cost of living.  So many reasons.  People can cash in their real estate there(expensive because of high demand) and buy cheaper elsewhere(less expensive because of reduced demand).  Many can maintain current salaries and jobs due to remote work.  When you say 'people' what is the scale of these people?  I think the population decline is very small, but the fact it is a decline is significant.

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Be specific.  Before you repeal policies you have to acknowledge the problems they are trying to address and come up with better policies.  

the policies that just recently led to a worsening situation

TBD

I don't think there is any real disagreement about California, at least on my end.  They have no shortage of issues.  There are many reasons for people to leave, primarily real estate but the cities are congested, traffic, wild fires, drought, taxes, cost of living.  So many reasons.  People can cash in their real estate there(expensive because of high demand) and buy cheaper elsewhere(less expensive because of reduced demand).  Many can maintain current salaries and jobs due to remote work.  When you say 'people' what is the scale of these people?  I think the population decline is very small, but the fact it is a decline is significant.

i note you didn't mention crime 

The population decline is obscured by the fact that the middle classes are moving out and illegals are moving in. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Seattle -

1.  allowing open hard drug usage and possession.

2.  Not enforcing defacement laws

3.  Allowing CHAZ/CHOP to exist.

4.  Allowing the east precinct (in CHAZ/CHOP) to be ransacked and shut down.

5.   Passing a law to not follow State Law drug policy - no prosecution of drug offenses.  

6.  Allowing shoplifting if it is under $900. 

7.  Allowing criminals to use guns in criminal enterprises and when caught throw out the gun charges.

8.  Setting up safe drug usage zones.

9.  Fix all that by cleaning up around the ball park for the ALL STAR GAME.   People were amazed at no poop or pee on the sidewalks, been a long time since they were last clean.  

10.  Now we'll see if the city council has the drive to keep the city clean.  

There's a few for you.

mspart

• Fire 2