Must pass a test for Common Sense in order to serve in the Congress , Senate or President. Please.

Paul158

Most of us have jobs, families and a decent amount of education . All of which requires some level of common sense. For some reason it seems that a good number of people in Washington DC are lacking in the common sense department. What are your thoughts. Thanks.

Edited by Paul158
mis spelled a word

I don’t believe education and common sense are at all related.  And I can’t tell you how many incompetent people I have seen holding good jobs, many unrelated to nepotism.  But in Washington DC, it might help to follow the money. 

“I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.”

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1

I’ve always proposed a 10 question quiz on ballots… a mix of common sense, civics and current affairs questions… nothing too difficult… if you get all 10 correct, you get a full vote, 9 right and you get a .9 vote, and so on down to zero. I suspect the number of votes would go from 160 million down to about 30 million total votes when adjusted by the multiplier.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, DJT said:

I’ve always proposed a 10 question quiz on ballots… a mix of common sense, civics and current affairs questions… nothing too difficult… if you get all 10 correct, you get a full vote, 9 right and you get a .9 vote, and so on down to zero. I suspect the number of votes would go from 160 million down to about 30 million total votes when adjusted by the multiplier.

Would it require a machine to vote?

• Fire 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, Paul158 said:

Most of us have jobs, families and a decent amount of education . All of which requires some level of common sense. For some reason it seems that a good number of people in Washington DC are lacking in the common sense department. What are your thoughts. Thanks.

I mean i dont consider biden real smart.. but the people around him  must really be stupid

based on the stories about what he yells at them

• Fire 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:20 AM, Offthemat said:

I don’t believe education and common sense are at all related.  And I can’t tell you how many incompetent people I have seen holding good jobs, many unrelated to nepotism.  But in Washington DC, it might help to follow the money. 

“I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.”

William F. Buckley, Jr.

"McCarthyism ... is a movement around which men of good will and stern morality can close ranks." -William F. Buckley

Edited by Le duke
  • Fire 1

On 7/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, Scouts Honor said:

I mean i dont consider biden real smart.. but the people around him  must really be stupid

based on the stories about what he yells at them

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4092893-mika-brzezinski-scolds-bidens-staff-i-dont-think-they-do-a-good-job/

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski tore into President Biden’s aides and staffers Wednesday for what she described as a lack of competence in managing his public appearances.

“I think his staff needs to own his age. I’m going to be honest, I don’t think they do a good job helping out the president,” Brzezinski said on “Morning Joe.” “I’m just saying if you are managing a president’s schedule and a president getting on stage and off stage … and yes, he’s 80. You need to be there for him, and you need to make a pathway, and you sure as hell better make sure he doesn’t fall on a sandbag. And I blame the staff for that.”

This is really saying a lot!!   The guy doesn't know where he is half the time and has to be directed where to go or where to stand.  So it is his aide's fault for not directing him.   Wouldn't that look just as awkward?  She agrees with you SH.

mspart

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4092893-mika-brzezinski-scolds-bidens-staff-i-dont-think-they-do-a-good-job/

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski tore into President Biden’s aides and staffers Wednesday for what she described as a lack of competence in managing his public appearances.

“I think his staff needs to own his age. I’m going to be honest, I don’t think they do a good job helping out the president,” Brzezinski said on “Morning Joe.” “I’m just saying if you are managing a president’s schedule and a president getting on stage and off stage … and yes, he’s 80. You need to be there for him, and you need to make a pathway, and you sure as hell better make sure he doesn’t fall on a sandbag. And I blame the staff for that.”

This is really saying a lot!!   The guy doesn't know where he is half the time and has to be directed where to go or where to stand.  So it is his aide's fault for not directing him.   Wouldn't that look just as awkward?  She agrees with you SH.

mspart

My grandpa is 86, and the other day he calls me up at about 7:30am while I’m at work. He casually says he’s up on my roof and thinks he knows what we need to do to fix a leak I’ve had in a valley over my sunroom. I tell him thanks but get off my roof, and I’ll call him when I get home. Well, I get home around five to see his truck backed into my driveway, so I go around back, and he’s on the roof with about a square torn off. Not only that, but he has four bundles of shingles on top of 8’ scaffolding and an air compressor, tools and roll of felt on the roof. (My grandpa might be a buck twenty-five, by the way.) I asked him what the hell he was doing, and he just said, “your grandma went shopping and I got bored after mowing the lawn (5 acres, give or take).” 

Anyhow, the moral of the story is my grandpa, as spry and capable as he is, flatly says there is no way in hell any 80 year old should be the President.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

well i hadn't seen that. I was talking about when he says: How the F**K can you not know that etc.

We are a heartbeat of an 80-year-old with dementia and on a CPAP machine away from these being the public comments of the most powerful person on Earth:

1.) "I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is kind of a fancy thing. First of all, it's two letters. It means artificial intelligence.”

2.) "This issue of transportation is fundamentally about just making sure that people have the ability to get where they need to go!“

3.) "So I think it's very important — as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one — to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future,"

• Fire 2

4.) “We must together. Work together. To see where we are. Where we are headed, where we are going and our vision for where we should be. But also see it as a moment to, yes. Together, address the challenges and to work on the opportunities that are presented by this moment.”

5.) “It’s time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is today.”

6.) “So, Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.”

7.) “But we all watched the television coverage of just yesterday.  That’s on top of everything else that we know and don’t know yet, based on what we’ve just been able to see.  And because we’ve seen it or not doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.”

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

STOP IT 

I know… That’s some scary shit. It’s getting close to bedtime, and I don’t need to wake up from a nightmare in a puddle of sweat… well, I’ll convince myself it’s sweat at least.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Testing voters would probably be more effective. Never happen, but…

See previous post…

On 7/10/2023 at 11:46 AM, DJT said:

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, BobDole said:

What are some examples of questions you'd suggest?

I'd suggest:
If a species dumps billions and billions and billions of tons of carbon dioxide into atmosphere over an extended period of time, will it have any effect at all on climate?

• Haha 1