2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

28 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Point well made. There are many, many examples of explicit calls for violence. They aren't rare.

But - is your point also that this "Aldean" example should get a pass because it is more of the same? Sounds like a kid saying, "but the other kids did it first!"

I'd like to think otherwise. Calling for violence doesn't need to be tolerated. It shouldn't have been before either, but we can't change history.

Our best option is to limit it as best we can. Starting now. 

The internet is a giant echo chamber that takes calls for violence and calls for hate and amplifies them many times over.

That isn't something we had before. But we do now. Different tactics are in order if we truly want to make society better.

(Those tactics don't include using political party affiliation to divide us - that only hinders progress, but you know that.)

Even if I take you on your word that you want to quash any glorification of violence, don’t you see it as more than a coincidence that we’re going to start with a country song by an outspoken conservative? Is the left going full-on puritanical? If “veiled calls for violence” in songs are too dangerous for people to hear, where are we going to stop with censorship of music and art in general? No talk or depiction of drugs, sex or violence in any songs, movies and books? There goes well over half of the Billboard Hot 100, Box Office Top 10 and New York Times Bestsellers. 

Edited by DJT

5 minutes ago, DJT said:

Even if I take you on your word that you want to quash any glorification of violence, don’t you see it as more than a coincidence that we’re going to start with a country song by an outspoken conservative? Is the left going full-on puritanical? If “veiled calls for violence” in songs are too dangerous for people to hear, where are we going to stop with censorship of music and art in general? No talk or depiction of drugs, sex or violence in any songs, movies and books? There goes well over half of the Billboard Hot 100, Box Office Top 10 and New York Times Bestsellers. 

"glorification of violence" was neither what I said, nor meant. Weird that you attributed your posted words as mine.

That was purely a product of your post - you are misleading people here.

"Glorification" was an interesting word to use on your part. You proceed to quote "veiled calls for violence" as being "too dangerous to hear"...

Your posts are starting to look sketchy. Are you sure you don't have an agenda of your own here?

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"glorification of violence" was neither what I said, nor meant. Weird that you attributed your posted words as mine.

That was purely a product of your post - you are misleading people here.

"Glorification" was an interesting word to use on your part. You proceed to quote "veiled calls for violence" as being "too dangerous to hear"...

Your posts are starting to look sketchy. Are you sure you don't have an agenda of your own here?

So you’re saying you’re good with glorification of violence, but you’re against veiled calls for violence? 

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Hmmm... DJT - what's your point here? 

Your agenda is becoming difficult to follow.

The commonalities are interesting. That is all.

I have no agenda other than to point out the absurdities and inconsistencies of wokeness. It’s a lot like Flat Earth Theory, where you think, “Man, these people can’t be serious. Nobody is this dumb,” but, lo and behold, there are both wokesters and flat earthers who are dumb enough to believe in what they are spewing, respectively. The rest aren’t as convicted but still do it for attention.

1 minute ago, DJT said:

The commonalities are interesting. That is all.

I have no agenda other than to point out the absurdities and inconsistencies of wokeness. It’s a lot like Flat Earth Theory, where you think, “Man, these people can’t be serious. Nobody is this dumb,” but, lo and behold, there are both wokesters and flat earthers who are dumb enough to believe in what they are spewing", respectively. The rest aren’t as convicted but still do it for attention.

"Man, these people can’t be serious. Nobody is this dumb,” but, lo and behold, there are both wokesters and flat earthers who are dumb enough to believe in what they are spewing"...

... and Muslims. With all the "commonalities" you find "interesting". Seems you think Muslims are dumb, too.

I agree that Wokeness is dumb (I've already posted that a few pages back) - what's your take on Muslims, again? Considering what you've found "commonalities" between Radical Islam and Woke?

10 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"Man, these people can’t be serious. Nobody is this dumb,” but, lo and behold, there are both wokesters and flat earthers who are dumb enough to believe in what they are spewing"...

... and Muslims. With all the "commonalities" you find "interesting". Seems you think Muslims are dumb, too.

I agree that Wokeness is dumb (I've already posted that a few pages back) - what's your take on Muslims, again? Considering what you've found "commonalities" between Radical Islam and Woke?

Did you watch the video? It explicitly states that it is not equating wokeness with radical Islam (and neither am I), it is showing how the two ideologies operate under the same structure.

And, no, I do not think Islam, a religion of peace, is dumb… Radical Islam, the “religion” of death to all infidels, throw gays off buildings, stone women for overseasoning the Baidi Roti, etc.? Yes. That is dumb.

Edited by DJT

4 minutes ago, DJT said:

Did you watch the video? It explicitly states that it is not equating wokeness with radical Islam, it is showing how the two ideologies operate under the same structure.

And, no, I do not think Islam, a religion of peace, is dumb… Radical Islam, the “religion” of death to all infidels, throw gays off buildings, stone women for overseasoning the Baidi Roti, etc.? Yes. That is dumb.

The video showed more similarities than differences.

Same for your comments on Islam. I'm sure many would like to know. Seems you've got your work cut out for you...

Where is this line between the two?

• "Islam, a religion of peace" (not dumb)
  • "Radical Islam, the “religion” of death to all infidels" (yes, dumb)

If you're in the business of pointing out "absurdities and inconsistencies" - this is a really good place to start.

I really can't believe people thought that song was so bad...just a true sentiment to where we are in today's society.  The selective outrage once again is laughable.  Not to mention, looking for the boogyman in anything and everything.  CMT just made a huge mistake and they will pay for it.  And Jason Aldean will make a lot of $$$ because of it.

And those saying the video is racist are complete idiots...such a slap in the face to things that truly are racist.

• Fire 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:56 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

The video showed more similarities than differences.

Same for your comments on Islam. I'm sure many would like to know. Seems you've got your work cut out for you...

Where is this line between the two?

• "Islam, a religion of peace" (not dumb)
  • "Radical Islam, the “religion” of death to all infidels" (yes, dumb)

If you're in the business of pointing out "absurdities and inconsistencies" - this is a really good place to start.

Still waiting on DJT's response here... I'm guessing it'll be a doozy.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Not so fun fact: Jason Aldean was performing when Stephen Paddock fired more than a thousand rounds on a country music concert from his Las Vegas hotel,  ultimately murdering 60 people and wounding hundreds more.

Aaaannnddd???  First off...no shnit!  Second,..why bring it up here?

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Odd guy to celebrate guns and gun culture.  But that is where we are at in society.  Slow learners.

What is truly odd (and absolutely ridiculous and stupid) is for you to somehow link the message in his song to a psychopath killing a bunch of innocent people.  But coming from you...guess I am not surprised.  Sad when political ideology gives way to common sense and logic. 

Let's summarize what has happened on here in regards to his song...it has been called racist because of where it was filmed...but no other video's, commercials, or movies that have been filmed in the exact same spot were called racist.  Then it is about celebrating guns and gun culture because of one piece of lyric in the whole song that mentions getting a hand me down gun from his grandfather?  Next it is about somehow promoting violence....yet the same people have no problem with ALL the other music out there and politicians that, in fact, actually call for violence against innocent people and police.  Not to mention the song is about trying to stop people that are causing violence and breaking the law.

The great thing about all of this, is that in spite of all the idiots out there, he won't be cancelled and he will make a ton of money...all the while the idiots are crying with their selective outrage looking stupid.

• Fire 3

Just now, Bigbrog said:

What is truly odd (and absolutely ridiculous and stupid) is for you to somehow link the message in his song to a psychopath killing a bunch of innocent people.  But coming from you...guess I am not surprised.  Sad when political ideology gives way to common sense and logic. 

Let's summarize what has happened on here in regards to his song...it has been called racist because of where it was filmed...but no other video's, commercials, or movies that have been filmed in the exact same spot were called racist.  Then it is about celebrating guns and gun culture because of one piece of lyric in the whole song that mentions getting a hand me down gun from his grandfather?  Next it is about somehow promoting violence....yet the same people have no problem with ALL the other music out there and politicians that, in fact, actually call for violence against innocent people and police.  Not to mention the song is about trying to stop people that are causing violence and breaking the law.

The great thing about all of this, is that in spite of all the idiots out there, he won't be cancelled and he will make a ton of money...all the while the idiots are crying with their selective outrage looking stupid.

I have no feelings or comments about the alleged racism.  He is not cancelled - nor could he be - and my impression is he has done the opposite and made bank.   Not a fan of gun culture though.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I have no feelings or comments about the alleged racism.  He is not cancelled - nor could he be - and my impression is he has done the opposite and made bank.   Not a fan of gun culture though.

What is "gun culture?"

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Glorification, worship, casual attitude.  A Christmas(!) card from an elected official where everyone poses with an assault rifle and prays for more ammunition is an example.

On 911 aircraft crashed into the twin towers & Pentagon killing ~3,000.  Does that make "aircraft culture" bad?  As a pilot and aircraft owner does that make me a bad person?  Certainly with many aircraft owners there's "glorification & worship" of their baby, plus all the money spent on her.  Don't think I've ever included on a Christmas card but certainly have shared photos from trips with the kids posed by the plane.

Perhaps all "culture" is bad.    🤔

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

To me the culture that is bad is the one where people think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.  The culture that is afraid to talk about and address mental health.  The culture that feel that parents aren't and shouldn't be the ones teaching their kids right and wrong, hold them accountable, or have a say in their education.  The culture where people are victims and it's always someone else's fault for what has happened to them.  And finally the culture that blames an in adamant object for the bad caused by bad people.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, ionel said:

On 911 aircraft crashed into the twin towers & Pentagon killing ~3,000.  Does that make "aircraft culture" bad?  As a pilot and aircraft owner does that make me a bad person?  Certainly with many aircraft owners there's "glorification & worship" of their baby, plus all the money spent on her.  Don't think I've ever included on a Christmas card but certainly have shared photos from trips with the kids posed by the plane.

Perhaps all "culture" is bad.    🤔

A gun's purpose is to kill, nothing more nothing less.

A plane's purpose is to transport you from point A to point B fast.

Good try though, I'll give you a C- for the weak analogy.

1 minute ago, BobDole said:

A gun's purpose is to kill, nothing more nothing less.

A plane's purpose is to transport you from point A to point B fast.

Good try though, I'll give you a C- for the weak analogy.

I'll give you an F for this post.  I have shot my guns probably hundreds of thousands of times and probably only killed something about 10 times.  But hey, let's not let that fact which is true for probably 99.99999% of those who own guns.  

Keep on keeping on with the political rhetoric.  🙄