2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

A smart Democrat running for president would call out the woke culture and promise to shut it down.  

What is “woke”, exactly?

It’s painfully obvious what Aldean was going for with his video.

“Anti-woke” Florida just passed a bill that stipulates that students must be taught that slaves were taught valuable life skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, jross said:

A smart Democrat running for president would:

• call out the woke culture
  • and promise to shut it down

50/50.

"Woke" isn't remotely a culture - it's a political movement. And it is based on a sketchy foundation. IMO, it isn't helpful.

Promising to "shut it down"? No, not that. The US allows people to follow their own political paths. It's part of what the country was built on. Political efforts shouldn't be hindered or "shut down" - that's what the commies do. Not us.

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

50/50.

"Woke" isn't remotely a culture - it's a political movement. And it is based on a sketchy foundation. IMO, it isn't helpful.

Promising to "shut it down"? No, not that. The US allows people to follow their own political paths. It's part of what the country was built on. Political efforts shouldn't be hindered or "shut down" - that's what the commies do. Not us.

Yes, it is a political movement.  It’s Marxism.  And it can be restricted, defunded, legislated, and litigated out of existence in institutions of the United States. 

• Fire 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:59 PM, DJT said:

Why does he walk with his fists clenched like that all of the time?
IMG_1889.webp.bd03e17666c6da5a1e9673ac095ce21f.webp

Answer: Dementia 

I heard cornpop is still around and wants to kick his butt again. Joe is ready just in case.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

19 hours ago, Le duke said:

What is “woke”, exactly?

It’s painfully obvious what Aldean was going for with his video.

“Anti-woke” Florida just passed a bill that stipulates that students must be taught that slaves were taught valuable life skills.

Yes he is saying don't bring your crap to our town because  the citizens , the police , district attorneys and judges will not tolerate it.If you try to hurt a citizen on the street the general public will step in immediately and it will not go well for you.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 2

Yes, it is a political movement.  It’s Marxism.  And it can be restricted, defunded, legislated, and litigated out of existence in institutions of the United States. 

I could say the same thing about crazy, lunatic ridden, stands for nothing other than brining others down right wing ideology, too.

But wait. Turns out you can’t litigate away ideas or speech, because that’s patently illegal.

Yes he is saying don't bring your crap to our town because  the citizens , the police , district attorneys and judges will not tolerate it.If you try to hurt a citizen on the street the general public will step in immediately and it will not go well for you.

What happens if I decide to fight back?

Also, was this supposed to be ironic? Given that the courthouse in question is where a white mob lynched a black teenager a hundred years ago?

So which of the laws described in the song would you be breaking? Why would you want to break those laws?  You do know the democrats did the lynching.the Ku Klux Klan

Let’s start with stomping on or burning a flag.

Apparently that’s worth a posse running me down (with Grandpa’s gun, per Aldean) in Small Town, USA, despite it being legal.

How is that going to work out for the posse, if I decide to defend myself?

Also, the congressional districts where lynchings happened in great numbers are deep red, currently. See: Nixon, Southern Strategy.

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

I could say the same thing about crazy, lunatic ridden, stands for nothing other than brining others down right wing ideology, too.

But wait. Turns out you can’t litigate away ideas or speech, because that’s patently illegal.

1) that's what every lefty stan thoughtlessly chirps

2) no. you can't. none of that has gotten into policy

TBD

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Apparently that’s worth a posse running me down (with Grandpa’s gun, per Aldean) in Small Town, USA, despite it being legal.

Also, the congressional districts where lynchings happened in great numbers are deep red, currently. See: Nixon, Southern Strategy.

Fight back all you want

What do lynchings have to do with anything?

On 7/22/2023 at 12:49 PM, Le duke said:

What is “woke”, exactly?

This was interesting, coming from a Stanford researcher who the woke mob tried to cancel for her views on radical Islam (she’s Muslim):

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Also, was this supposed to be ironic? Given that the courthouse in question is where a white mob lynched a black teenager a hundred years ago?

So were a dozen other music videos, tv shows, movies. It’s a popular shooting location outside of Nashville… I suppose the TV show Hannah Montana could’ve been subliminally condoning lynching to tweens.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

now do rap lyrics

TBD

7 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

now do rap lyrics

That’s what I don’t get. The outrage because it’s a call for violence. Are you F’ing kidding me? There are a million examples of “gangster rap” that explicitly call for violence, but here are a couple infamous ones that “just” potentially incite violence against police (no reason to post the lyrics):

In 2021, Billboard called “Fu*k Tha Police” by NWA the #190 song of all time… up from #425 in 2004.

Time Warner defended “Cop Killer” by Body Count/Ice T in an editorial in the WSJ, and it was roundly defended as free speech as H.W. Bush railed against it.

Then we have Eminem’s “Guilty Conscience” which checks off several boxes of despicable behavior, and it was nominated for a Grammy. I won’t post the lyrics. Bob would ban me, and I like bullshitting with you guys.

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, DJT said:

That’s what I don’t get. The outrage because it’s a call for violence. Are you F’ing kidding me? There are a million examples of “gangster rap” that explicitly call for violence, but here are a couple infamous ones that “just” potentially incite violence against police (no reason to post the lyrics):

In 2021, Billboard called “Fu*k Tha Police” by NWA the #190 song of all time… up from #425 in 2004.

Time Warner defended “Cop Killer” by Body Count/Ice T in an editorial in the WSJ, and it was roundly defended as free speech as H.W. Bush railed against it.

Then we have Eminem’s “Guilty Conscience” which checks off several boxes of despicable behavior, and it was nominated for a Grammy. I won’t post the lyrics. Bob would ban me, and I like bullshitting with you guys.

Point well made. There are many, many examples of explicit calls for violence. They aren't rare.

But - is your point also that this "Aldean" example should get a pass because it is more of the same? Sounds like a kid saying, "but the other kids did it first!"

I'd like to think otherwise. Calling for violence doesn't need to be tolerated. It shouldn't have been before either, but we can't change history.

Our best option is to limit it as best we can. Starting now. 

The internet is a giant echo chamber that takes calls for violence and calls for hate and amplifies them many times over.

That isn't something we had before. But we do now. Different tactics are in order if we truly want to make society better.

(Those tactics don't include using political party affiliation to divide us - that only hinders progress, but you know that.)

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Somebody has been on Facebook