Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

2 hours ago, mspart said:

It gets too hot by the cookers so you go for a quick soak and back at it again.    Not a bad way to go!!!

mspart

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

No Mon. Dem be alligator infested waters. 

True story: after Hurricane Ian we didn’t have electricity for two weeks. So ALL our meals came from the PitDock…

At the end of that canal is a vacation rental home. Most people who are renting a vacation home for a week don’t know….YOU DONT FEED THE ALLIGATORS. When humans feed alligators, alligators lose their natural fear of humans, and start associating humans with food…

We often see alligators heading down to that house. One time during a post hurricane cook, one swam down to the house, realized no food was there, started swimming back….and stopped when he got to the dock staring down me and the kids (teenage to early 20’s kids)….

i got rocks and started thrown them not at him but by him hoping to scare him away…..he just kept staring….

So then I pelted him a couple times.  Both times he ducked under water…then resurfaced in a different location…still starting. 

Okay guys, everyone inside….

(Went and grabbed my gun….bang bang…..time to spritz the pork butt) 

• Fire 1

i just made deep fried mozzarella.

i used a commercial brand which came out awesome.

and a really fresh (better) local batch which came out like poop.

i think the good stuff had too high moisture content. that's my working theory, anyway. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

TBD

The wrestler and I went out for a meaty dinner at KPOT.  All you can eat for 2 hours.  The server provides an IPAD to the table, and you submit orders for endless meat, seafood, and vegetable entries of your choice.  The food arrives immediately.  You grill in the shared middle or boil in your personal pot.  

I was excited to try this locally as something different.  Sort of like BBQ Nation in India and Hot Cooking Stones in Europe.

16 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Wagyu strips?

how are you doing them?

Yes sir, and not sure yet. Pouring rain, 2 hrs to round 2 of “One Love”, and these bitches ain’t goin on the skillet. Gonna have to sleep on it. 

Have never done these before, not going to risk messing them up. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 1