Is Chance Marstellar the best PA-born wrestler freestyler we have this year?

Better than Retherford?  The guy who took Silver at Worlds last year?  The same guy returning to the same weight in which the guy who took Gold is now only doing Greco?  That Retherford?

So you're saying the guy who has never even won an international tournament is going to go to Worlds and be a Gold medal favorite, which is what Retherford should be considered as of right now?

huh.gif.80e98269b28b8292b57375097d05f82e.gif

willem-dafoe-creepy.gif.c41d314c8180cadacaec6866bc05e9d6.gif

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

38 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Better than Retherford?  The guy who took Silver at Worlds last year?  The same guy returning to the same weight in which the guy who took Gold is now only doing Greco?  That Retherford?

The same Zain Retherford that was born in Kenosha, WI?  I don't believe he is eligible for the question as posed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zain_Retherford

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The same guy returning to the same weight in which the guy who took Gold is now only doing Greco?

Narikuni is moving to greco? That's weird as all get-out. Isn't the JPN greco team just a step above where the US currently is? I remember they had a medal at Tokyo but wasn't that drought as long as ours until Hancock?

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Narikuni is moving to greco? That's weird as all get-out. Isn't the JPN greco team just a step above where the US currently is? I remember they had a medal at Tokyo but wasn't that drought as long as ours until Hancock?

I think he started as a Greco guy, maybe in age level stuff.  Also heard something like: the Greco weights are more to his liking.

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Are there any others besides Chance then?  

At final X I'm pretty sure it was just him and Nolf.  I don't think any of the ladies were born in PA. Kennedy Blades attended Wyoming Seminary but I'm pretty sure she is an out of stater.

8 minutes ago, fishbane said:

At final X I'm pretty sure it was just him and Nolf.  I don't think any of the ladies were born in PA. Kennedy Blades attended Wyoming Seminary but I'm pretty sure she is an out of stater.

Blades is originally from IL

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, fishbane said:

The same Zain Retherford that was born in Kenosha, WI?  I don't believe he is eligible for the question as posed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zain_Retherford

I uh... only brought up Zain because he did.  I had not grounds to say where he was from.  He said he had a better chance to medal than Zain.

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Legit in his post-match interview he said he was.  Something along the lines of 'Yeah this is cool but I'm a Greco guy and will competing there from this point forward.'

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

So we're pretending he didn't grow up in Pennsylvania 

No If Jimmy starts a thread asking the question "Is Chance Marstellar the best wrestler freestyler that grew up in Pennsylvania that we have this year?"  "No Zain Retherford is better" would be a valid answer.  To the question he asked Retherford is not a valid answer.  What do you not understand?

2 minutes ago, DJT said:

Jimmy used the qualifier of "PA-Born" in the title. That's all.

1 minute ago, fishbane said:

No If Jimmy starts a thread asking the question "Is Chance Marstellar the best wrestler freestyler that grew up in Pennsylvania that we have this year?"  "No Zain Retherford is better" would be a valid answer.  To the question he asked Retherford is not a valid answer.  What do you not understand?

Lol. This reminds me of people from New Jersey trying to claim Scottie Scheffler. 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

you guys arguing this in a thread created by our special little friend means he is just going to keep creating these lame ass threads...

leave that to the meat head side of the bbs...

3 hours ago, fishbane said:

I'm guessing Jimmy knew where Zain was born when he posted the thread.

• Fire 1