How do you feel about Flo?

peanut

How do you feel about Flo? [Poll]  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Flo's ability to reliably deliver content?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor
  2. 2. How would you rate Flo's content?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate Flo's pricing?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor

I'm trying to re-watch the WFS 76kg matches and I'm seeing commercials on a service that I paid for.

If the matches were uploaded by Flo on YouTube, this would be acceptable. But, I paid for this, and I'm still seeing commercials.

I try not to hate Flo - they employ one of my former HS kids as a contributor (and so does Matscouts) 

However, the streaming is really subpar... They are past the point of being a startup and their end product is not acceptable at this point

I can live with the occasional data error on profiles, but for the streaming issues to be a reoccurring theme, I mean come on... The product at my HS is better

• Fire 3

I paid for it for 12 years and ditched it last year and haven't missed it.    They do provide some free stuff which can be useful.  Flo Arena is handy and the Youtube videos of events are ok,  Seeing final x today shortly after the 1st round  was a descent surprise.  I wouldn't buy it again but their free stuff is handy.

Edited by Threadkilla

I have been accused of being a flo apologist for years…

and rightfully so…

the reality is they have provided me with the opportunity to watch live my own kids and my friends kids and all those that have competed when I would not have been able to otherwise…

for that I have been and will continue to be grateful…

but…

Aside from that they offer no benefit at all…

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Otherwise, it's not worth the price given the lack of content and poor reliability. 

It's worth it just for the international stuff for me anyway.

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i was told this isn't the place to whine about flo

This isn't the place to whine about anything.

• Fire 2

Flo has always claimed they are trying to grow the sport, maybe so, but you certainly won't grow the sport with a sub-par product. Do people that know nothing of wrestling just search and say" Let's pay for some wrestling today?". I think it's obvious the reason their feeds are always so poor is funding. Charging wrestling parents and long time fans is not how you grow the sport. They're already in-you need exposure, and if you want exposure the sport needs to be accessible to all and give them a reason to watch. Market better.

Hire a quality salesperson that can secure big buck sponsorships to produce the content and upgrade your servers for once. Use the Billy Baldwins that love the publicity of the NCAA's to help with these big dollar ads. Wrestling equipment companies are not the answer for clicks, but wrestling families do buy other products. My God, some Instagram kids in H.S. get more funding. I'm definitely not an internet guru but hire someone that will figure it out. At least reach out to Jake Paul, he is genuinely interested in helping the advancement of the martial arts and is a master of making $$$.

• Fire 3

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

And yet...

... we seem to be stuck in a time loop controlled by an irate imp who feeds on the howls of wrestling fans as their streams freeze and judder...

"Let's just take you all back to the 80s for a bit!"

Edited by Mike Parrish

Just now, Scouts Honor said:

i dont disagree...but where is the motivation to fix

someone in a thread somewhere said they reinvest in other sports... not wrestling 

Using modern infrastructure would likely come out with a smaller sustaining load and vastly higher customer satisfaction.

yesterday was by far the worst experience i have ever had trying to stream an event...

we ended up having to cast from two different accounts to different TVs and missed major portions of several key matches...

it was not great...

They’ve got us by the balls. The streaming issues are totally unacceptable especially considering it’s been a common theme for YEARS. However, if you are a fan of international styles, they cover some can’t miss events. The cost of a ticket alone to Final X was about the cost of a yearly Flo subscription. I can’t afford to travel to every event I want to see, so I’m not canceling my subscription. They know that, so they don’t care to invest the money to fix the issues. I’ve often really wanted to cancel out of spite, but I’m just not willing to give up watching those events to “teach them a lesson” (that they might not learn). And so it continues…

• Fire 1

I don't have a problem with Flo....I starting "filming" wrestling with Super 8 in 1970, then to VHS in 1985....travelled all over to capture USA vs. USSR, Midlands, Big Ten, NCAA, College duals and more.....one of those trips cost more than Flo for a year, and I can watch it in the luxury of my own home, when I'm not attending an event.  I might add, that I have a pretty awesome library of college and international wrestling, as well as some documentaries, and a number of great clinics.

Edited by Fadzaev2
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

They’ve got us by the balls. The streaming issues are totally unacceptable especially considering it’s been a common theme for YEARS. However, if you are a fan of international styles, they cover some can’t miss events. The cost of a ticket alone to Final X was about the cost of a yearly Flo subscription. I can’t afford to travel to every event I want to see, so I’m not canceling my subscription. They know that, so they don’t care to invest the money to fix the issues. I’ve often really wanted to cancel out of spite, but I’m just not willing to give up watching those events to “teach them a lesson” (that they might not learn). And so it continues…

probably more true than i want to admit...

• Fire 1