I-L-L

bnwtwg

18 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

If you want to be at Final X, if you want to be on the world team, if you don't buy into what other places are selling...

You go to Illinois!!!!

Hopefully they start having the virtuous cycle where RTC results begin to pay off with college recruiting wins.

If they can get the Warners, Woods, Gomezes, Cassiopis, etc. to stay home it wound pay big dividends.

• Fire 4

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Hopefully they start having the virtuous cycle where RTC results begin to pay off with college recruiting wins.

If they can get the Warners, Woods, Gomezes, Cassiopis, etc. to stay home it wound pay big dividends.

Gotta get these guys on the podium in March too.  Kannon Webster was a big get and a step in the right direction. Coaches have to produce.  Wish we could've found a way to keep Davino at home.  

• Fire 1

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

9 hours ago, MPhillips said:

We're pulling for Davino in CBUS.

Big time.  We recently moved to the Cincinnati area so if I had to choose a second school for him to wind up at, I'm glad its there. Easy trip up to see them wrestle for me!

• Fire 3

6 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

Big time.  We recently moved to the Cincinnati area so if I had to choose a second school for him to wind up at, I'm glad its there. Easy trip up to see them wrestle for me!

I lived in Cincinnati for two years as a kid and it made a wonderful impression on me.  I still think of it as the perfect place for a kid to grow up.  Hope you enjoy it there!

• Fire 2

I lived in Cincinnati for two years as a kid and it made a wonderful impression on me.  I still think of it as the perfect place for a kid to grow up.  Hope you enjoy it there!

Man, I have been so impressed. Clean and historic city, great views, good sports/food culture. A lot of river access for outdoor activities. I can’t complain at all! Being from the Chicago area I never heard a lot about what Cincinnati had to offer, but my wife is from here originally and the more we visited the more it grew on me. Couldn’t be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Man, I have been so impressed. Clean and historic city, great views, good sports/food culture. A lot of river access for outdoor activities. I can’t complain at all! Being from the Chicago area I never heard a lot about what Cincinnati had to offer, but my wife is from here originally and the more we visited the more it grew on me. Couldn’t be happier!

And you have Jungle Jim's!

I drive up from Louisville once a month and hit up Ikea, Jungle Jim's, and then pizza at Adriatico's.

• Fire 1

And you have Jungle Jim's!
I drive up from Louisville once a month and hit up Ikea, Jungle Jim's, and then pizza at Adriatico's.

Jungle Jim’s is outstanding! I collect hot sauces and their hot sauce area is ridiculous! Also it’s a good place to pick up my giardinaera when I’m feeling homesick haha. I’ll put Adriatico’s on the list!

• Fire 1

They have two hammers coming in Braeden Scoles and Chris Moore who will make a nice 1-2 punch at 165-174 sometime in the future.  Moore is pretty underrated nationally...I've seen him quite a bit and he's right there with the best high schoolers at 170.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Konquest said:

They have two hammers coming in Braeden Scoles and Chris Moore who will make a nice 1-2 punch at 165-174 sometime in the future.  Moore is pretty underrated nationally...I've seen him quite a bit and he's right there with the best high schoolers at 170.

This is truth. That whole recruiting class is bulletproof. 

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Does Braunagel even train a lot of Greco?   I  like him, but his best NCAA finish is R12. Is he not evidence that some of our #2-4ish guys on the freestyle ladder would likely have success in Greco?

2018 Zac won greco juniors and Danny (165) won free juniors. Both are much more inconsistent in folkstyle at the NCAA level than international styles.

Illinois RTC has established itself as a great greco shop with Brian Medlin leading the charge. Kamal Bey, Max Nowry, Ellis Coleman, Tanner Farmer, the Braunagels, and now Luke Luffman (4th at the US Open) are all resident athletes and becoming/ are household names in the greco community.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

2018 Zac won greco juniors and Danny (165) won free juniors. Both are much more inconsistent in folkstyle at the NCAA level than international styles.
Illinois RTC has established itself as a great greco shop with Brian Medlin leading the charge. Kamal Bey, Max Nowry, Ellis Coleman, Tanner Farmer, the Braunagels, and now Luke Luffman (4th at the US Open) are all resident athletes and becoming/ are household names in the greco community.

I was wondering when the “Medlin effect” would start happening at the RTC! Full swing now.

What part?

We are in Loveland. Kind of funny I lived in Colorado for about 8 years prior and the last 4-5 my wife and I lived in Loveland, CO. So we went Loveland to Loveland haha.

• Haha 1