Iowa made the right move with Ferraris / Chittum

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Aren't the Ferraris Jesus trained?

Yes.  That was why they went to Texas.  To get closer to more of the world's population of 'Jesus' named individuals.  Mexico has approximately 76% of all gents named Jesus, so there's that...

New Jersey to Mexico border via car - 2,316 miles
Allen, TX to Mexico border via car - 455 miles

÷  75

x   60

They are saving ~24H49M of drive time with their prior move from NJ to TX.

I honestly don't know any Jesus Valencia named gents, so I don't know why they're looking for Mexican trainers, TBH.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Different church.  They follow the teachings of Street Jesus

Im Right Here GIF by UFC

That is JORGE, not JESUS.  Common mistake made by non-Latinos.

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Hey be sure and save this, I want my 7.5 to be the first data point in Wkn's new Ew Table🙂

I now have a historical database saved with your information on it.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That is JORGE, not JESUS.  Common mistake made by non-Latinos.

This is incorrect according to the book of Street Jesus.  He ascended to Street Jesus by baptizing fools with his hands

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

No theres not.  Its been reported by actual wrestling sports reporters.  It was the Ferrari's.  Iowa never had a shot with Griffith.  So your 157 Kennedy theory is moot.   Nagao a no go to Iowa also involved the Ferraris and as I mentioned before it's already being reported by wrestling sports reporters that others might follow Chittums path and leave Iowa if the Ferraris come on board.  There's on constant in all of this

I don't doubt that Chittum said these things. The issue is that a person providing quotes generally does so in a self-serving way (Larry Lee, anybody?). Clearly you don't believe everything you read just because someone was quoted in a paper, right? Do you think Chittum would admit that he is leaving Iowa because he is afraid he might not make the lineup? Let's get real.

And Griffith was down to three schools, one of which was Iowa. So yes, there was most definitely talk of moving the lineup around. To think that it's not possible that it spooked Chittum is willfully naive. He allegedly ditched Minnesota due to far lesser threats. Can he even beat Siebrecht? I am not even sure he can do that at this point, in folkstyle at least.

Will Chittum end up being a world-beater? Time will tell. But it doesn't take much of a cynic to realize that there could be more to this than simply not liking Ferrari. 

And if it is really true that he is leaving solely because of Ferrari, he doesn't have a constitution becoming of a champion wrestler. This is middle-school girl level melodrama that any sensible parent would slap out of their child. But it seems like it's being enabled, for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

And if it is really true that he is leaving solely because of Ferrari, he doesn't have a constitution becoming of a champion wrestler. This is middle-school girl level melodrama that any sensible parent would slap out of their child. But it seems like it's being enabled, for whatever reason.

So the entire 1992 Dream Team are a bunch of middle school girls that actually weren't champions because they refused to have Isiah Thomas on the team because of his drama even though he was the best point guard?  Got it

Edited by PortaJohn

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Why does everyone seem to forget that Anthony =/= AJ or Angelo.  His results aren't anywhere near as impressive and he is given so much credit for being a Focus when he is the smallest and most insignificant of the bunch.  That is why he has a Napoleon complex and needs to bring guns to the table.  He can't match his brothers (or his father for that matter) and he has known that for YEARS.

Add in that he also can't even get in to Iowa right now.  They flagged him at admissions.

I think you are underselling his abilities a bit here. He was a top 15 p4p guy in the 2022 class. He has a win over Paniro Johnson. He might not be as big of a recruit as the other two brothers but he still is very good. Still not sure the juice is worth the squeeze with any of them...

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

So the entire 1992 Dream Team are a bunch of middle school girls that actually weren't champions because they refused to have Isiah Thomas on the team because of his drama even though he was the best point guard?  Got it

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The entire team was given a choice as to whether they wanted Isiah?

LOL, his non sequitur proved my point.

Chittum ain't Jordan.

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The entire team was given a choice as to whether they wanted Isiah?

To be fair to the entire team from what's been revealed it was mostly MJ, Magic and Bird.  Three middle school girls that aren't champions

9 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

No Jordan is a middle school girl that has never won a championship

The number of shit takes you have is striking, even for a PortaJohn.

While Jordan could be petty, above all else, he snarled. Someone with MJ's mindset, as a rookie, would have made it their mission to humiliate someone like Ferrari into submission or quitting. And he would have relished it.

Just now, Theo Brixton said:

The number of shit takes you have is striking, even for a PortaJohn.

While Jordan could be petty, above all else, he snarled. Someone with MJ's mindset, as a rookie, would have made it their mission to humiliate someone like Ferrari into submission or quitting. And he would have relished it.

What?  Jordan said he wouldn't play on the Dream Team if Isiah was on the roster.  He would've walked away.  By your own summation it makes him a mellow dramatic middle school girl who doesn't have a constitution becoming of a champion basketball player.  That's your analysis.

53 minutes ago, ionel said:

Which looks like makes him just a plain ole Michigan fan.  😉

My sources tell me that an irate forum poster, outraged over non-payment of a gambling debt, took Jimmy out just as he was stepping out of an Ann Arbor bakery.

A letter signed by 100 former intelligence officials has been published which states that, subsequent to Jimmy's demise, Pastry posts have all the markings of a foreign disinformation scheme targeted to divide and confuse PSU and Iowa wrestling fans and thereby to weaken America.  According to experts, a self aware AI developed by UM scientists and processing in a Wuhan China virus lab could very well be the source.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

What?  Jordan said he wouldn't play on the Dream Team if Isiah was on the roster.  He would've walked away.  By your own summation it makes him a mellow dramatic middle school girl who doesn't have a constitution becoming of a champion basketball player.  That's your analysis.

JFC, you think if being on a team with Thomas is what would stand between Jordan and something he wants, he walks? IDGAF about the Olympics in basketball and if Jordan was truly going to walk, neither did he.

Clearly Jordan used his clout to prevent Thomas from joining because he could. And it was irrelevant to the team's prospects. But if that title truly meant something to him and the selection committee didn't balk, then Jordan plays with him. Clearly you aren't this naive?

But Tom Brands should lose his job because a rolling stone decided to roll, right?

40 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

I'm not totally opposed to what you're saying re: the team prospects, but I think you're wrong on this point.  Not wanting to be associated with the older two Ferrari brothers doesn't seem to me to be a sign of weakness...it's a point in your favor.

12 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I mean....sure.  But Chittum isn't Jordan, he doesn't have that kind of juice at this point.  I don't think Jordan would have been able to keep Isiah off the 1988 Olympic Team if pros had been allowed to play.  The only recent guys on Iowa that MIGHT have had that juice are Spencer and Metcalf, and even then...probably not.  College sports are still different.

8 minutes ago, swoopdown said:

My sources tell me that an irate forum poster, outraged over non-payment of a gambling debt, took Jimmy out just as he was stepping out of an Ann Arbor bakery.

A letter signed by 100 former intelligence officials has been published which states that, subsequent to Jimmy's demise, Pastry posts have all the markings of a foreign disinformation scheme targeted to divide and confuse PSU and Iowa wrestling fans and thereby to weaken America.  According to experts, a self aware AI developed by UM scientists and processing in a Wuhan China virus lab could very well be the source.

I heard similar and that a substantial payment from a China company was funneled thru a Michigan LLC and then transferred into nhs' bitcoin account.

13 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

JFC, you think if being on a team with Thomas is what would stand between Jordan and something he wants, he walks? IDGAF about the Olympics in basketball and if Jordan was truly going to walk, neither did he.

Clearly Jordan used his clout to prevent Thomas from joining because he could. And it was irrelevant to the team's prospects. But if that title truly meant something to him and the selection committee didn't balk, then Jordan plays with him. Clearly you aren't this naive?

But Tom Brands should lose his job because a rolling stone decided to roll, right?

Sure.  Yes.

Please hire Metcalf.

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

I heard similar and that a substantial payment from a China company was funneled thru a Michigan LLC and then transferred into nhs' bitcoin account.

Getting in to Bitcoin was the third smartest thing I have ever done.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I'm not totally opposed to what you're saying re: the team prospects, but I think you're wrong on this point.  Not wanting to be associated with the older two Ferrari brothers doesn't seem to me to be a sign of weakness...it's a point in your favor.

My working assumption here is that the Ferraris had little, if any, to do with him leaving and were used as a convenient excuse. 

But the notion that two clowns, who have not and very well may not arrive on campus, will dictate where you live, train and get an education seems rather absurd. This is why I don't believe this is the reason he's leaving.

1 minute ago, Theo Brixton said:

My working assumption here is that the Ferraris had little, if any, to do with him leaving and were used as a convenient excuse. 

But the notion that two clowns, who have not and very well may not arrive on campus, will dictate where you live, train and get an education seems rather absurd. This is why I don't believe this is the reason he's leaving.

Meh.  I can see the logic of believing Iowa was a certain kind of place, then seeing them recruiting people you view as trashcan humans and that altering your perception.  "If they'd recruit them, maybe they're not the program I thought they were."

51 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think you are underselling his abilities a bit here. He was a top 15 p4p guy in the 2022 class. He has a win over Paniro Johnson. He might not be as big of a recruit as the other two brothers but he still is very good. Still not sure the juice is worth the squeeze with any of them...

The highest I saw him was #28 and then when he disappeared off the big board(s) entirely and his younger brother took his place in the weight class rankings.

So having not competitively wrestled... at all.. since the winter of ?2021? should also have a negative effect on ascertaining ones abilities and aptitudes.  Meaning he is much lower than that #28 rank would have been at that time.