Iowa made the right move with Ferraris / Chittum

3 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

My working assumption here is that the Ferraris had little, if any, to do with him leaving and were used as a convenient excuse. 

But the notion that two clowns, who have not and very well may not arrive on campus, will dictate where you live, train and get an education seems rather absurd. This is why I don't believe this is the reason he's leaving.

Considering there’s a lot of smoke behind the potential fire of other guys looking at leaving and it turned off potential transfers.. 

I think you’re just salty Chittum is leaving 

15 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

JFC, you think if being on a team with Thomas is what would stand between Jordan and something he wants, he walks? IDGAF about the Olympics in basketball and if Jordan was truly going to walk, neither did he.

Clearly Jordan used his clout to prevent Thomas from joining because he could. And it was irrelevant to the team's prospects. But if that title truly meant something to him and the selection committee didn't balk, then Jordan plays with him. Clearly you aren't this naive?

If you dont care about basketball how do you know Jordan wouldn't have walked?  You're speaking with authority on an issue you say you know nothing about

21 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

But Tom Brands should lose his job because a rolling stone decided to roll, right?

You're ignoring the turmoil currently in the Hawkeye program that is being discussed by your own insiders on HR.  Yes, Tom Brands job should be put into question.  I had a constructive conversation with Vak on this on another thread and we came to an agreement.  The best way forward would be to shake up the coaching staff and bring in assistant coaches from outside the program.  You and a few other Hawkeye fans seem to be in the minority on this Chittum/Ferrari situation

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Meh.  I can see the logic of believing Iowa was a certain kind of place, then seeing them recruiting people you view as trashcan humans and that altering your perception.  "If they'd recruit them, maybe they're not the program I thought they were."

Did they actually recruit Anthony? If Spencer's Barstool interview is to be believed, it came as a surprise to everyone.

2 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

Did they actually recruit Anthony? If Spencer's Barstool interview is to be believed, it came as a surprise to everyone.

It came as a surprise to Spencer, apparently.  But according to insider types on HR, it was not a surprise to the staff.

8 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

My working assumption here is that the Ferraris had little, if any, to do with him leaving and were used as a convenient excuse. 

But the notion that two clowns, who have not and very well may not arrive on campus, will dictate where you live, train and get an education seems rather absurd. This is why I don't believe this is the reason he's leaving.

shirley you've seen what even one of these clowns can do to a college or high school program.   🙈 

29 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I mean....sure.  But Chittum isn't Jordan, he doesn't have that kind of juice at this point.  I don't think Jordan would have been able to keep Isiah off the 1988 Olympic Team if pros had been allowed to play.  The only recent guys on Iowa that MIGHT have had that juice are Spencer and Metcalf, and even then...probably not.  College sports are still different.

I was only using Theo's logic to make a point on MJ.  I do not agree with what I posted

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

If you dont care about basketball how do you know Jordan wouldn't have walked?  You're speaking with authority on an issue you say you know nothing about

Everyone on earth knows Jordan. He is an icon and he is emblematic of the mixed bag of personality traits that make up highly driven champions. If an Olympic title in 1992 meant something to him, he was going to compete regardless of Thomas. And there is no way in hell someone with Jordan's mentality would allow himself to be pushed off a team by the likes of Anthony Ferrari.

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

You and a few other Hawkeye fans seem to be in the minority on this Chittum/Ferrari situation

LOL, I am not even a Iowa fan.

I admire the Brands but they don't need two of them on staff. That should be obvious to anyone.

4 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

Everyone on earth knows Jordan. He is an icon and he is emblematic of the mixed bag of personality traits that make up highly driven champions. If an Olympic title in 1992 meant something to him, he was going to compete regardless of Thomas. And there is no way in hell someone with Jordan's mentality would allow himself to be pushed off a team by the likes of Anthony Ferrari.

We're just going to talk in circles on this issue

8 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

LOL, I am not even a Iowa fan.

I admire the Brands but they don't need two of them on staff. That should be obvious to anyone.

I've never seen Terry as the problem.  He's produced some top notch lightweights.  Their issue has been at the upper weights

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It came as a surprise to Spencer, apparently.  But according to insider types on HR, it was not a surprise to the staff.

There is a difference between knowing the kid is going to commit and active recruiting. And if it is true that he is not getting into school while apparently being accepted and on campus at OSU, which implies he passed the clearinghouse, it suggests the Brands are not going out of their way to help his admissions along.

Of course they could have told Anthony to get lost but what would we have to talk about otherwise?

Just now, CementMixer said:

Inside sources and they are pretty reliable. It's about to go full defcon 5

That's what the Brands bros get.

Poor @BlacknGold.  At least only one year of Cassioppi is gone.

I wonder where he lands.  Could he 'gap' year it?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That's what the Brands bros get.

Poor @BlacknGold.  At least only one year of Cassioppi is gone.

I wonder where he lands.  Could he 'gap' year it?

I’m not shocked if it’s true. I’ve seen first hand what happens to a team culture when a coach is preaching one thing about who they want and the way they do things.. but then gets desperate and brings in the opposite of what they preach 

8 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Considering there’s a lot of smoke behind the potential fire of other guys looking at leaving and it turned off potential transfers.. 

I think you’re just salty Chittum is leaving 

Nah, not an Iowa fan per se. I admire the Brands but I like lots of people.

The Brands definitely do not handle controversy and conflict particularly well but you don't have to be a cynic to realize this kid, for whatever reason, moves around a lot. To just chalk it up to Ferrari without further scrutiny when he was close to losing his spot due to a portal transfer is just naive. 

7 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

Im sure my sources arent as solid as most on here but i was just told Ben Keuter said he'd only play football and drop wrestling if the Ferraris went there. 

Yeah, this is all false haha. Minnow is doing a classic troll job