Nick Feldman...285 Ohio State

feet2back

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Depends on the swagger...

I think we should have 2pts for a push out and 1pt for a pull in.  Think of how much more exciting than a leg lace with a quick series of push out & pull in moves for a tech.  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

thank you for the correction. 

i did not see anything dirty about how he wrestled.

thats right. he is so large that he may be able to do that to senior level athletes, but he looked significantly better than everyone at u20s. difference in size seemed like a big deal in that match.

He is a legit Top 10 talent RIGHT now.  He doesn't actually need to wrestle dirty.  He does, though.  You do see it in the first half of their match.  His demeanor says a lot.

Love you Avatar. 

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 5/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, nhs67 said:

Snyder lost to Coon his senior season.  It showed that he wasn't a 'true' heavyweight.

Feldman's problem, currently, is that he is a 'poofy' version of Frosh Snyder.  He isn't going to be as quick and he likely isn't as strong as Snyder is (was).  At best it is comparable.  Add in that he isn't winning Olympic gold for 2024 and you can also surmise that he isn't as good.  So he is a 'poofy' Snyder-lite.

Snyder won 3 NCAAs at 285, so "he seemed to do alright." Now, Snyder could not compete on the Senior level at that 125kg. And I'm not comparing Feldman to Snyder, just saying that there are numerous examples of NCAA HWTs who are "not true HWTs." And in my post above I could have mentioned guys like Lou Banach rather than Wojo. Wojo weighed around 245, a decent sized HWT. But I saw him wrestle Chris Taylor and he looked tiny by comparison. 

Edited by bdhof

Just now, bdhof said:

Snyder won 3 NCAAs at 285, so "he seemed to do alright." Now, Snyder could not compete on the Senior level at that 125kg. And I'm not comparing Feldman to Snyder, just saying that there are numerous examples of NCAA HWTs who are "not true HWTs." 

Saying that Snyder could not compete at 125 KG is not accurate.  Zillmer competed for a medal and Gwiazdowski brought home a medal as well.  He beat Gwiazdowski.

The term 'true' heavyweight simply means that he was small for the weight and the other 'true' heavyweights are generally accepted as being 250+ or so.  Maybe 240-250.  The term gets thrown out there because it looked comical seeing him against the other larger heavies.

Also, saying "he seemed to do alright" is just plain a slap in the face.  Don't do that with the Captain.  I'll slap the silly off yo face.

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

bdhof is a known Buckeye fan. He loves Captain America.

Doesn't matter.

He disrespects my Captain again and he is going to catch these hands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Also, saying "he seemed to do alright" is just plain a slap in the face.  Don't do that with the Captain.  I'll slap the silly off yo face.

And I'll slap yo right back.

Three Stooges GIF by IFC

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

This might be a question worth it’s own topic but open question for all… how would you rank Kueter, Feldman, Christian Carroll and Koy Hopke as prospects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oof, maybe Feldman, Carroll, Hopke at this point but with Hopke having the highest possible ceiling.  Kueter definitely #4.   I don't think he wrestles and even if he manages to pull it off he'll fall behind with a full football season

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

11 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

This might be a question worth it’s own topic but open question for all… how would you rank Kueter, Feldman, Christian Carroll and Koy Hopke as prospects?

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

oof, maybe Feldman, Carroll, Hopke at this point but with Hopke having the highest ceiling.  Kueter definitely #4.   I don't think he wrestles and even if he manages to pull it off he'll fall behind with a full football season

I think Hopke, Feldman, Carroll, Kueter.

Hopke because I think by the time he steps on campus he will be able to beat the other three.

I think Feldman ahead of Carroll because I think Feldman also will and would beat Carroll. 

Kueter at 4 for the same reasons.

If Kueter were to take the wrestling only approach I have him at 1.

I think Hopke, Feldman, Carroll, Kueter.
Hopke because I think by the time he steps on campus he will be able to beat the other three.
I think Feldman ahead of Carroll because I think Feldman also will and would beat Carroll. 
Kueter at 4 for the same reasons.

I agree with all of this. Kueter being #1 if only wrestling too. I think the margins between all 4 are small, however.

Interestingly, I think all are pretty small weight wise for HWT’s. Success between the 4 may come down to who puts on the best weight and how quickly.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I don't know about that.  I'm a freestyle translates to folk (ever watch vito wrestle Fix/rby in free?) and the only match i know of with Kueter against any of the other 3 is when he got worked by Carroll  

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Doesn't matter.

He disrespects my Captain again and he is going to catch these hands.

Hang on a sec. Wasn't this your quote on Snyder?

On 5/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, nhs67 said:

he wasn't ... 'true'....

I will be damned if I let you call my Captain untrue. Those hands got some homework to do.

Editor's Note: Quote edited for length.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I don't know about that.  I'm a freestyle translates to folk (ever watch vito wrestle Fix/rby in free?) and the only match i know of with Kueter against any of the other 3 is when he got worked by Carroll  

Since then Kueter did go on to win a jr world title as a junior in HS joining only - Kyle Snyer, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Pico, Spencer Lee, Gable Steveson

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

Since then Kueter did go on to win a jr world title as a junior in HS joining only - Kyle Snyer, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Pico, Spencer Lee, Gable Steveson

I'm not starting a debate against Kueter.  He's a stud.  But in the end I don't think he wrestles or if he does he falls behind.  A full football season will keep him off the mat.  Now, if Kueter wrestled full time my best prediction is I have no idea.  The talent level between the four wrestlers mentioned is minuscule 

Edited by PortaJohn

35 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm not starting a debate against Kueter.  He's a stud.  But in the end I don't think he wrestles or if he does he falls behind.  A full football season will keep him off the mat.  Now, if Kueter wrestled full time my best prediction is I have no idea.  The talent level between the four wrestlers mentioned is minuscule 

Ben Kueter thinks he wrestles.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ben Kueter thinks he wrestles.

I also had everything figured out senior year of high school & then reality showed up. Now I'm a know nothing kind of guy

Edited by PortaJohn

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Hang on a sec. Wasn't this your quote on Snyder?

I will be damned if I let you call my Captain untrue. Those hands got some homework to do.

Editor's Note: Quote edited for length.

I mine own defense, I said 'true' because his Freestyle weight was 97 KG and not 125 KG and he stayed very close to that.

• Fire 1