NWCA Announces 2023 NCAA Division I Men's Scholar All-American Awards

gimpeltf

Oklahoma State University Fix Daton Sr Master's in Leisure Studies

Daton really stretching his mind here.   I haven't heard of this particular field of study.  Ferrari is not on the list for OSU. 

Northern Illinois University West Blake So Chemistry

Now here is a real man!!   This is no joke of a major. 

mspart

17 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Packaging is a major?

17 hours ago, mspart said:
Cal Poly Ethan Rotondo Grad Packaging

Apparently it is at Cal Poly.   They are training hoards of Amazon workers there.  

mspart

Many times when I've been trying to get one of those %*&#ing blister packs open, I've wanted to talk to one of those guys.  I don't know whether I need to use a chainsaw or a stick of dynamite.  The thing that you actually bought breaks the first time you try to use it, but the package it came in would survive the nuclear holocaust.

I suppose if it included design of all the automation, logistics, and such involved in efficiently getting product from the receiving dock onto the UPS truck (plane?) on the scale they're doing, that would be a very complicated process.
Heck, I've been studying the most efficient way to make a salad for about 40 years.

18 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Packaging is a major?

18 hours ago, mspart said:
Cal Poly Ethan Rotondo Grad Packaging

Apparently it is at Cal Poly.   They are training hoards of Amazon workers there.  

mspart

It’s a shoddy abbreviation for Industrial Technology and Packaging. I was surprised that it is through their College of Business rather than their College of Engineering which has both Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering degrees.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Many times when I've been trying to get one of those %*&#ing blister packs open, I've wanted to talk to one of those guys.  I don't know whether I need to use a chainsaw or a stick of dynamite.  The thing that you actually bought breaks the first time you try to use it, but the package it came in would survive the nuclear holocaust.

I suppose if it included design of all the automation, logistics, and such involved in efficiently getting product from the receiving dock onto the UPS truck (plane?) on the scale they're doing, that would be a very complicated process.
Heck, I've been studying the most efficient way to make a salad for about 40 years.

The worst were those long plastic cases that cassettes and CDs used to come in. My brother and I used to use out dad’s bandsaw to open them. 

3 minutes ago, manatree said:

The worst were those long plastic cases that cassettes and CDs used to come in. My brother and I used to use out dad’s bandsaw to open them. 

I'm pretty sure they were used to prevent theft and they were supposed to take those off at the music store....

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

42 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Does that make you the Bluto Blutarsky of salad making?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I'm pretty sure they were used to prevent theft and they were supposed to take those off at the music store....

Later ones for CDs were similar to the ones that libraries still use for videos that are unlocked at the counter. In the 1980s, it was common to have cassettes and cds put into a long plastic enclosure that was not removed by the store, it had to be cut off when you got it home. 

57 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Does that make you the Bluto Blutarsky of salad making?

... or perhaps Mr Prague is the speech writer for the Vice President.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯