Dean v Beard

Wrestleknownothing

Dean v Beard II(?) tonight (or in 3 weeks)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If I set the spread at Dean -2.5, who ya got?

• Dean covers
    • Beard covers
    • Beard outright
    • It doesn't happen

Let's assume it's a close match, like 3-1 and Dean has :42 RT. If Beard doesn't win the flip and has to choose in the third do you think he is going down or is he staying on his feet in that scenario? What if it is a one point match or tied up and Dean doesn't have RT? What if Beard has a lead and *does* have a RT point - do you think he stays on feet if the score is 3-3 and he has 1:01 of RT? I know it's not likely but this is a really intriguing matchup that I hope for us fans plays out like a chess match.

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Regardless of score, I believe if Beard has choice in the second, he will take bottom then, rather than defer his choice to the third.  Otherwise, he will take neutral in the third.

Interesting.  I like it.  Beard takes bottom before he's tired?  Otherwise neutral?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

Interesting.  I like it.  Beard takes bottom before he's tired?  Otherwise neutral?

A strategy to work from bottom in a dual, if the opportunity presents itself, with NCAAs in mind, while also playing to his strength.

However, if Dean gets a couple TDs and accumulates a good bit of riding time early but is unsuccessful turning Beard, then I could see Beard taking bottom, thinking Max will free release him to try and get a major.

5 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Regardless of score, I believe if Beard has choice in the second, he will take bottom then, rather than defer his choice to the third.  Otherwise, he will take neutral in the third.

2 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

I thinking he's on to something, Beard takes bottom scouting for a rohn he can use in the NCAA final.  🙂

27 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There are 5 visionaries on this board. Identify yourselves and take your victory laps. (Also so I know who not to sig bet against.)

It ain't me.  As you well know you can safely sig bet with me any day and every day.  😒

6 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

I assumed another year in the PSU room along with growing into the weight would have Dean separating himself from the pack. Apparently not.

Looks like he is going to have to rely on the "Sanderson steal" again come NCAA's...

Dean is probably 25 or 26 at this point.  Guys that age aren't gearing up for an entire 4 month season.  I bet he in form in March. 

Happy for Beard. As a fan it sucked that he left the PSU room.

For Dean this can be a blessing in disguise.  His strategy that got him through last year's wrestling season is biting him in the rear end this year.  Early enough to regroup and reassess his approach 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted