OSU

Scouts Honor

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Culture change is needed there.  Bring in Pop.  

Would P Pop really want to go there?  It seems that at this point looking from the periphery NC State is a better spot than Oklahoma State.  

The question would be is how much does the Oklahoma State program personally mean to Pop.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Taking liberties with acronyms aren't you. You're scary sometimes...

if you like your MP you can keep your MP

and shouldn't you be mowing your lawn?  

Edited by ionel

3 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Duckworth mentioned that Young had surgery today. Not sure the injury

He injured his knee in B12 tourney.  Looked pretty bad at the time.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Would P Pop really want to go there?  It seems that at this point looking from the periphery NC State is a better spot than Oklahoma State.  

The question would be is how much does the Oklahoma State program personally mean to Pop.

Of course he'd go. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Not saying he wouldn’t, but what makes you so sure.

The reason NC State is now a great program is because of him, so the idea that it’s competitive with OSU from a job standpoint just doesn’t hold up. At OSU, he’d get more and better recruits than he can at NC State and I’m sure the training environment is better.

It’s one of the best jobs in the sport, but unfortunately Smith is well past his prime…The Fix scandal and then Ferrari debacle really cemented things. He’s a legend but it’s time bring in Pop. 

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

This will be interesting. Okie State was a blue blood. It was Okie State, Iowa, Iowa State and I'd include Minnesota(maybe due to my age). But those 4 programs more than others. PSU and OSU were always underperforming. They were good, but not NC good. ASU should be thrown in there, but they were more hit or miss. 

Now it feels like there is a big swing to those ACC, East Coast/Southern Schools, particularly NC State and Va Tech. Are they kinda catching the Oklahoma Schools in the big picture or is this a blip? With MMA having an impact and a lot more talent coming from the South, not to mention being in a conference with Pitt, so they can recruit Penn as they have with Sasso or NJ as they did with Mullen, a pretty impressive '97/HWT combination. 

And I think Sasso, if he can just add some muscle, his style of Wrestling could be tough. He's gonna take some beatings next year I'd think vs the likes of Thumble...if he starts right out of the gate, or not. He's so long, I don't know what his plan is, but he's an underrated Wrestler at 38 P4P IMO.

Is the landscape shifting, or will Koll and Pendleton come in here and course correct?

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

The reason NC State is now a great program is because of him, so the idea that it’s competitive with OSU from a job standpoint just doesn’t hold up. At OSU, he’d get more and better recruits than he can at NC State and I’m sure the training environment is better.

It’s one of the best jobs in the sport, but unfortunately Smith is well past his prime…The Fix scandal and then Ferrari debacle really cemented things. He’s a legend but it’s time bring in Pop. 

Hasn't NC State had a couple top 5 classes in a row?

Now that metric may be overrated as Okie State can get just two BIG time recruits(Carroll and Thompson) and they may not have the depth, but those two can make a class. Though...they had 3-4 other studs who were top ~50 type guys. 

The facility is outstanding, but I think you're underestimating the growth of the South and the region Va Tech/NC State is recruiting to now. 

I'd definitely still learn towards OSU, but it's tightening up. 

24 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

the perfect scenario is Fix down at 125 where he should have been anyway, Carter Young at 133 and Sammy Alvarez at 141

Fix is not leaving for Penn St and Fix is not going 125.  There will be a portal coming soon, from a stud 125, it will be OSU, Penn ST, or ASU. GREAT fit for OSU. 

1 hour ago, H82Lose said:

Fix is not leaving for Penn St and Fix is not going 125.  There will be a portal coming soon, from a stud 125, it will be OSU, Penn ST, or ASU. GREAT fit for OSU. 

So a stud 125 is going to the portal and will possibly go to ASU to replace Figs. Hmmmm......

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐