Can you predict your favorite team's lineup for next season?

flyingcement

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

I do think they'll drop Wittlake to 74 and rs Plott.  Could be wrong.  Every indication Alverez 141, Young needs the rs.

8 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

And then Fix and Wittlake out and Carter Young and Brayden Thompson in for 2025. Sounds like a good plan

Young has ORS available as well...

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

I would favor Ungar tbh

I know it was freestyle, but last June at the U23 WTT, Greg took third (pinned Columbia's Babin under a minute), losing to Noto 3-3 on criteria in the semis, then beat Ryan Miller (Penn) 10-0.  Ungar did well but went 5-2 and didn't place.  Ungar lost to Caleb Smith (NQ this year from Appalachian?) 7-3, and Greg beat Smith 10-0.

Greg also beat Ventresca last year at the Scuffle.

Just now, BigRedFan said:

I know it was freestyle, but last June at the U23 WTT, Greg took third (pinned Columbia's Babin under a minute), losing to Noto 3-3 on criteria in the semis, then beat Ryan Miller (Penn) 10-0.  Ungar did well but went 5-2 and didn't place.  Ungar lost to Caleb Smith (NQ this year from Appalachian?) 7-3, and Greg beat Smith 10-0.

Greg also beat Ventresca last year at the Scuffle.

I'm a Lehigh Valley homer and since Ungar finished his high school at Notre Dame Green Pond, I'm rooting for him :)

Good trivia question and I'm not sure of the answer - who else has ever won a state title in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania (other than Ungar)

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

But isn't Woodley on the team?

Woodley had one year of eligibility remaining - this year.  He couldn't get it sorted, so I don't think he'll be back.

• Stalling 1

48 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Most likely, not including any incoming transfers and assuming that incoming frosh redshirt...

125 - McHenry - If he can stay healthy, he could win a match or two at nationals, but I believe that is peak performance McHenry

133 - Ragusin - I think he can beat anyone at the weight not named Arujau next year.  His all-out approach can leave him exposed against guys he should not lose to.

141 - Nolan - Mattin is likely gone.  He has med school to go to.  Nolan is the next man up and the clear next option.

149 - Lamer - He still has a lot to do for his bottom game, but if he can add on some more size and strength and he will be able to go toe-to-toe with anyone neutral.

157 - Lewan - He can beat anyone in the field or lose to anyone in the field... in OT.

165 - Amine - I don't think he will ever be able to hang with O'Toole.  It is just a horrible matchup for him 

174 - Walker - I don't think Maylor is back, although he does have eligibility left.  I do think Walker has a higher ceiling.

184 - Rogers/Bullock - I think Rogers does end up going 184 as he is the plan for the future.  Bullock is a gamer, though - when healthy.

197 - Rogers/Bullock - See above.  I think Bullock is the most likely option, providing no transfers or a true frosh doesn't blow our socks out of the water.

285 - Jenkins - He is a tweener, truly.  He was all of 225lbs and needs a solid 20-30lbs to compete, so he will take his lumps.  He moves like a 157lber, though, and if he can have an additional 10-15lbs on him prior to 'his time' then he will be golden... if he keeps that speed.

There are several rumors of incoming transfers as well as true frosh coming in.  I have also added some notes above.

I think UofM is clearly in the running for at least two high profile transfers.  There are four big names out there right now as well as a fifth that was thrown around quite a bit.

Shane Griffith, Stanford, 165/174 - I think Michigan stands a fair chance to land him, as they were on the short list last time.  Indo think he goes 174 if he comes in, although any combination of him and Amine at 165/174 should work just fine.

Bernie Truax, Cal Poly, 184/197 - I don't think there is a whole lot of traction for him to UofM, however he is an Engineering student so UofM might just be in for consideration.  I think Truax heads to Penn State and goes 184.

Yaraslau Slavikousji, Harvard, 285 - I think he gives Jenkins that extra year to grow to the 245-255lber he needs to be.  Unfortunately he isn't on the same tier as Kerk, Cass, Hendrickson, Davison, or Schultzy so that is 6th at best.  He might drop some matches too to gents of the same tier.  Still a guy that wins much more than he loses.

Seth Nevills, Penn State, 285 - I think this guy is headed to South Dakota State (gut feeling).  He would be right there on the same level as Slavikouski, though (my opinion).

Jake Woodley, Oklahoma, 197 - He had some transcript problems that made it so he could not compete.  He did take his alpha and certify, so I am not sure what that does for eligibility.  If he gets it granted somehow, he should slide in nicely at 197 while Walters gets his redshirt in.

Incoming Frosh...

Michigan has a slew of incoming frosh that could make an immediate impact or step in, in the case of potential injuries.

Caden Horwath, 125/133 - He could very well beat out McHenry straight away at 125 or allow Ragusin to head up to 141 and take over 133 straight away.  He doesn't need to add strength and looks overall to be a better, more explosive version if when Drew Mattin first hit the scene.

Sergio Lemley, 141 - He could beat out Nolan straight away.  He is pretty damn good, too.

Dylan Gilcher, 149/157 - He is good enough right now where maybe Lamer makes the drop to 141 and he mans the 149lb spot.

Beau Mantanona, 157 - I imagine he redshirts in any scenario.  He is larger and more explosive than Lewan, so I expect him to settle in at 165 after Amine is gone.

Hayden Walters, 197 - The heir apparent to 197.  Michigan is hoping he will give them four good years, but I do think a redshirt will help him with that.

24 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Iowa

125 - Drake Ayala

133 - Brody Teske

141 - Real Woods

149 - Cody Chittum

157 - Anthony Ferrari

165 - Patrick Kennedy

174 - Nelson Brands

184 - Abe Assad

197 - AJ Ferrari

285 - Tony Cassioppi 

Chittum isn't going 149.  He will compete for 157.

3 hours ago, Gus said:

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

125 - Tanner Jordan (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

133 - Derrick Cardinal / Gabe Tagg

141 - Clay Carlson (2023 NCAA 5th)

149 - Alek Martin

157 - Cael Swensen (2023 NCAA R12)

165 - Tanner Cook (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

174 - Cade DeVos (2023 NCAA R12)

184 - Bennet Berge / Cade King (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

197 - Tanner Sloan (2023 NCAA 2nd)

HWT - Seth Nevills??? / Bowen McConville

Well, you're odds-onto lead the NCAA in Tanners.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Iowa

125 - Drake Ayala

133 - Brody Teske

141 - Real Woods

149 - Cody Chittum

157 - Anthony Ferrari

165 - Patrick Kennedy

174 - Nelson Brands

184 - Abe Assad

197 - AJ Ferrari

285 - Tony Cassioppi 

If so, I predict a sharp decline in the racoon population behind CHA.  

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I'm a Lehigh Valley homer and since Ungar finished his high school at Notre Dame Green Pond, I'm rooting for him 🙂

Good trivia question and I'm not sure of the answer - who else has ever won a state title in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania (other than Ungar)

Not sure I can think of one but Bobby Truby (mid 80s) won 2 MD and 2 Pa. I think someone else won in both of those states also.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

125: Mastrogiovanni (unless moving onto zoo life)

133: Fix (unless ORS or HEW) / Young

141: Young / Alvarez

149: Alvarez / Voinovich

157: Voinovich / Mastrogiovanni (see comment for 125) / Cutter Sheets

165: Ummm

174: Plott

184: Wittlake / Haas

197: Surber

285: Carroll / Doucet

I think you let Doucet go another season.  It was his first go in the lineup and he gave Parris his 2nd toughest match of the season.

3 hours ago, Gus said:

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

125 - Tanner Jordan (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

133 - Derrick Cardinal / Gabe Tagg

141 - Clay Carlson (2023 NCAA 5th)

149 - Alek Martin

157 - Cael Swensen (2023 NCAA R12)

165 - Tanner Cook (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

174 - Cade DeVos (2023 NCAA R12)

184 - Bennet Berge / Cade King (2023 NCAA Qualifier)

197 - Tanner Sloan (2023 NCAA 2nd)

HWT - Seth Nevills??? / Bowen McConville

I am hoping Nevills heads there, honestly.

That said, if he doesn't might Sloan go up?  During one of his interviews from 97 KG he said he cut a lot to get down to 197lbs and that 213lbs (97 KG) was a much more comfortable cut.

He doesn't look that big, but I know some guys carry weight differently.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am hoping Nevills heads there, honestly.

That said, if he doesn't might Sloan go up?  During one of his interviews from 97 KG he said he cut a lot to get down to 197lbs and that 213lbs (97 KG) was a much more comfortable cut.

He doesn't look that big, but I know some guys carry weight differently.

I don’t think so. If he started bulking today you would only see him around 230 max by season time and that would be 30+ pounds less than guys like Kerk / Cass / Wyatt. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

There are several rumors of incoming transfers as well as true frosh coming in.  I have also added some notes above.

I think UofM is clearly in the running for at least two high profile transfers.  There are four big names out there right now as well as a fifth that was thrown around quite a bit.

Shane Griffith, Stanford, 165/174 - I think Michigan stands a fair chance to land him, as they were on the short list last time.  Indo think he goes 174 if he comes in, although any combination of him and Amine at 165/174 should work just fine.

Bernie Truax, Cal Poly, 184/197 - I don't think there is a whole lot of traction for him to UofM, however he is an Engineering student so UofM might just be in for consideration.  I think Truax heads to Penn State and goes 184.

Yaraslau Slavikousji, Harvard, 285 - I think he gives Jenkins that extra year to grow to the 245-255lber he needs to be.  Unfortunately he isn't on the same tier as Kerk, Cass, Hendrickson, Davison, or Schultzy so that is 6th at best.  He might drop some matches too to gents of the same tier.  Still a guy that wins much more than he loses.

Seth Nevills, Penn State, 285 - I think this guy is headed to South Dakota State (gut feeling).  He would be right there on the same level as Slavikouski, though (my opinion).

Jake Woodley, Oklahoma, 197 - He had some transcript problems that made it so he could not compete.  He did take his alpha and certify, so I am not sure what that does for eligibility.  If he gets it granted somehow, he should slide in nicely at 197 while Walters gets his redshirt in.

Incoming Frosh...

Michigan has a slew of incoming frosh that could make an immediate impact or step in, in the case of potential injuries.

Caden Horwath, 125/133 - He could very well beat out McHenry straight away at 125 or allow Ragusin to head up to 141 and take over 133 straight away.  He doesn't need to add strength and looks overall to be a better, more explosive version if when Drew Mattin first hit the scene.

Sergio Lemley, 141 - He could beat out Nolan straight away.  He is pretty damn good, too.

Dylan Gilcher, 149/157 - He is good enough right now where maybe Lamer makes the drop to 141 and he mans the 149lb spot.

Beau Mantanona, 157 - I imagine he redshirts in any scenario.  He is larger and more explosive than Lewan, so I expect him to settle in at 165 after Amine is gone.

Hayden Walters, 197 - The heir apparent to 197.  Michigan is hoping he will give them four good years, but I do think a redshirt will help him with that.

Lemley is tough as nails. Could very easily see him being the Lucas Byrd of his class. Solid top 100 but not top 10 recruit right up there with the college elite 

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don’t think so. If he started bulking today you would only see him around 230 max by season time and that would be 30+ pounds less than guys like Kerk / Cass / Wyatt. 

If he said 213 wad an easier cut I imagine he is a comfortable 220-225 flr Freestyle already.  That puts him at 230-ish, right?

Minnesota

125 Troy Spratley
133 Aaron Nagao
141 Vance Vombaur
149 Tagen Jamison
157 Drew Roberts
165 Cael Carlson/Hunter Lyden
174 Andrew Sparks/Sam Skillings
184 Isaiah Salazar
197 True Freshman Gavin Nelson or Transfer
HWT Bennett Tabor

That’s if none of McKee, Brayton, Blockhus or Joles come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If he said 213 wad an easier cut I imagine he is a comfortable 220-225 flr Freestyle already.  That puts him at 230-ish, right?

You are probably correct. I just can’t see him changing weight classes after the success that he had this year at 197. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Minnesota

125 Troy Spratley
133 Aaron Nagao
141 Vance Vombaur
149 Tagen Jamison
157 Drew Roberts
165 Cael Carlson/Hunter Lyden
174 Andrew Sparks/Sam Skillings
184 Isaiah Salazar
197 True Freshman Gavin Nelson or Transfer
HWT Bennett Tabor

That’s if none of McKee, Brayton, Blockhus or Joles come back.

Any chance Foy gets 2020 or 2019 as a medical ad gets himself one more season?

Joles back would fill 197 ad well.

Blockhus and Lee would fill 149/157 too.

Sparks is bugger than Carlson?

If Lee doesn't return, I actually think one of them could drop to 157 rather than go up?

Any chance Foy gets 2020 or 2019 as a medical ad gets himself one more season?
Joles back would fill 197 ad well.
Blockhus and Lee would fill 149/157 too.
Sparks is bugger than Carlson?
If Lee doesn't return, I actually think one of them could drop to 157 rather than go up?

Foy already announced he’s done. Joles undecided.
Blockhus and Lee would fill it, yes, but a lot fans are eager to see some fresh faces. There’s a lot of talent waiting in the wings at 141-157.

The plan dating back to when Sparks committed was for him to go 174. I’m surprised it’s taken this long.

• Fire 1