Hodge Finalists announced

Jimmy Cinnabon

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Exactly, they're considerations and not defined criteria. If that's the way the voters like it, that's fine. Just stop calling it "criteria" and making it sound like an objective, quantitatively earned award and not a popularity contest.

Couldn't agree more. Using the word "considerations" would clear up a lot of confusion.

(But note that the word 'criteria' - strictly speaking - isn't actually used incorrectly. It's confusing because it is used in a different way than it is typically used in the wrestling world. Example - Your 'criteria' for a new truck could = fast, corners well, comfortable, seats 4, heavy duty towing, heavy duty payload, 4x8 bed, heated front seats. That is 'criteria', but it isn't definitive enough to actually select the best truck. To do that, you'd have to put the considerations in a defined order.)

11 minutes ago, headshuck said:

If nobody finishes undefeated with at least a dozen pins, they should award no one.

I guarantee the following year guys will get after it.

C'mon now. You don't think Gable deserved the award last year?

It has always been an award about dominance, and pinning has always been a key consideration. But last year, Gable was an 800# gorilla lighting up a lot of really good heavies. It is still about dominance and pinning - but sometimes there are other 'considerations.' Dominance isn't always shown the same way.

54 minutes ago, headshuck said:

If nobody finishes undefeated with at least a dozen pins, they should award no one.

I guarantee the following year guys will get after it.

Dan Hodge only had 11 pins his junior year and 10 his sophomore year.

Edited by fishbane
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Only knock on him is his bonus % isn't great - 4 out of the 10 finalists have a better percentage than him.  Also not sure he wrestled the toughest competition.  Might actually give that to KOT, though he has the 2 losses.

Yeah, the B1G was pretty weak at HWT...🙄

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah, the B1G was pretty weak at HWT...🙄

Last year wrestlestat said Lee could beat Gable, Gable finished ahead of Parris,  Lee took 6th at 125.  C'mon Man ... Parris & hwt at b10 must've sucked this year.  Alirez is your Hodge winner, he's from Greeley!!  What more do you need to know?  🙄

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

Last year wrestlestat said Lee could beat Gable, Gable finished ahead of Parris,  Lee took 6th at 125.  C'mon Man ... Parris & hwt at b10 must've sucked this year.  Alirez is your Hodge winner, he's from Greeley!!  What more do you need to know?  🙄

I do need to know - I've only been to Colorado a handful of times, but when coming to Greeley, it smells bad. Why?

5 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I do need to know - I've only been to Colorado a handful of times, but when coming to Greeley, it smells bad. Why?

Is that literal? Like you think the area actually smells bad?

I was there once and I don't recall that. I do recall it went from pretty flat to Mountains in a very short time, but not an odor.

Just now, scourge165 said:

Is that literal? Like you think the area actually smells bad?

I was there once and I don't recall that. I do recall it went from pretty flat to Mountains in a very short time, but not an odor.

Literal. I had girlfriend who went to UNC for a grad school program. When I visited, I'm not sure which part(s) we drove through, but there was a lingering smell through the places we drove. Cleared up by the time we got to UNC.

No disrespect to Greeley, maybe it was a weird once in a decade type event? I don't know. But it was a stinker that day.

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Literal. I had girlfriend who went to UNC for a grad school program. When I visited, I'm not sure which part(s) we drove through, but there was a lingering smell through the places we drove. Cleared up by the time we got to UNC.

No disrespect to Greeley, maybe it was a weird once in a decade type event? I don't know. But it was a stinker that day.

What's the gf name, should we ask her what smelled?  😉

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Eh, maybe there's some cabbage fields or something. Who knows. I was taking it as more of a UNC, but if you're just talking in the area, probably a lot of things that can stink up a region pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's true, I've driven from Denver to Iowa and back a few times and there's a brutal stretch from Northern Colorado to the Nebraska border that smells really really bad. Heard it's because of the mega feedlots there. Even with the windows up and A/C on it was unbearable.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It's true, I've driven from Denver to Iowa and back a few times and there's a brutal stretch from Northern Colorado to the Nebraska border that smells really really bad. Heard it's because of the mega feedlots there. Even with the windows up and A/C on it was unbearable.

You don't eat meat?  😞

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

No, I did not. Used either a pitchfork or a potato fork. Not a shovel. 

Perhaps you have no experience?

A potato fork?!   @Idaho would be proud.  No i used a shovel.  

Sure a pitchfork worked when dry but not for the fresh wet shit.  😮

Edited by ionel

12 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You'd do well to wait until it dries and use a pitchfork (or potato fork if your older brother already has the pitchfork.)

MUCH lighter and easier to handle.

Sometimes you can wait, maybe why your farm stank like Greeley.  😉

My older brother had the rubber boots, lucky him.  

Edited by ionel

I have family near Greeley, in Fort Collins.

It’s the feed lots. Any time the wind shifts to being from an eastern direction, a lot of the Front Range towns get hit with the Greeley scent. Plenty of afternoons in Loveland and Fort Collins have been scented with the Odour d’Greeley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

Dan Hodge only had 11 pins his junior year and 10 his sophomore year.

Hodge finished his college career with a record of 46-0 and 36 pins. So he must have had 14 his junior year if your stats are correct. Percentage overall was 78%.

Also from NCAA.com:
“In all three of his NCAA finals appearances, he pinned his opponent; twice he pinned his way through the entire tournament”