Did Cornell win the night?

Packard

Penn State won the team title, but they went 2-3 in the finals including one going for his third title. 

Cornell knocks off a potential Penn State 3 timer and finishes with Yianni as a 4 timer

Feel like Penn State/Iowa a few years ago. 

Yes. Cornell won the Night.

PSU won the Tournament obviously and their young talent HAS to be deflating for other teams, but Cornell had an incredible night. 

The Cornell-PSU thing looked like it might be getting more interesting if the Gibson/Basset family was headed there, but as they're not...

1 hour ago, Packard said:

Penn State won the team title, but they went 2-3 in the finals including one going for his third title. 

Cornell knocks off a potential Penn State 3 timer and finishes with Yianni as a 4 timer

PSU and Cornell had two champs apiece. So I'd say that PSU and Cornell did equally well in terms of number of champions.

In terms of team output, PSU scored 137.5 points and Cornell scored 76.5 points -- a difference of 61 points.

I thought Vito and Yianni put on great shows. Kudos to them.

• Fire 1

Landmark tournament for Cornell with what they've been through. Head coach who built the program leaves.  Extreme Covid restrictions Big Ten schools don't have to deal with. Former finalist leaves and wins at new school.  Former finalist's brother amd coach who has two first place trophies of his own departs.  Greatest college wrestler ever and former coach departs. And they get a four timer and Vito treats a world silver medalist and the guy with the longest winning streak in college like hapless workout partners. An absolutely extraordinary night for them. 

• Fire 3

All good regarding Cornell.  I was emotionally drained in a good way. Ended on a very big high.  

I do think it is very fair to note that Penn State DOMINATED the tournament.  2 champs seeming like a down year is laughable.  Just shows their level year to year.  I am surprised that Cael didn’t get coach of the year.

• Fire 3

7 hours ago, dragit said:

Landmark tournament for Cornell with what they've been through. Head coach who built the program leaves.  Extreme Covid restrictions Big Ten schools don't have to deal with. Former finalist leaves and wins at new school.  Former finalist's brother amd coach who has two first place trophies of his own departs.  Greatest college wrestler ever and former coach departs. And they get a four timer and Vito treats a world silver medalist and the guy with the longest winning streak in college like hapless workout partners. An absolutely extraordinary night for them. 

When did Cael coach at Cornell?

• Fire 2

11 hours ago, Packard said:

A certain level of truth to this statement. PSU won the tournament but Cornell probably won the night. Nice recruiting commercial for them. 

42 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I thought it would end up being Mason Parris, but I don't fault in any way that the OW went to Vito. Well deserved after that performance. 

Parris was dominant, but in terms of excitement generated - Vito was remarkable. Very few except Cornell fans (and maybe one Lehigh fan I can think of) thought Vito would win it all, but I don't think any of us expected him to win in such dominant fashion.  Truly extraordinary performance.

• Fire 3

15 minutes ago, scribers said:

The sniff test for me is do I go to bed happy/elated or grumpy. Last night was a good sleep.

HOLY CRAP-O-LA!!!

Is that YOU scribe?

(Scribe-ster is BACK?!?)

MessyUnrulyCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

D3

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.