Session I, Thursday am discussion

CraigOR

12 minutes ago, Packard said:

It’s good to reward a wrestlers season, but maybe strength of schedule and conference should be considered? If I see a single digit seed from a FCS school against an ACC or Big10 school I go ahead and mark the upset. 

What about when a lower seed from Air Force sticks a higher seeded Michigan guy?  How do strength of schedule and conference play in there?

• Fire 5

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

What about when a lower seed from Air Force sticks a higher seeded Michigan guy?  How do strength of schedule and conference play in there?

Like I said, single digit seeds are only at play. When they’re both in the teens or 20s it doesn’t count. 

Just now, CHROMEBIRD said:

Ridiculous rule. Now anytime a guy is getting pinned, just grab the opponent's headgear and take the penalty

That doesn't stop the pin.  Only the Air Force coach throwing a brick while his guy was pinning created the review.  Glad the refs let common sense rule.

• Fire 1

From Flo. I feel vindicated and validated:

PINFALL ALERT: Kai Orine of NC State and the viral video of him celebrating an ACC title pins Gable Strickland of Lock Haven, sending precious bonus points to the Wolfpack. NC State now in first place with a whopping four team points. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge