Weight Difference Saturday Night

stealyphil223

22 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

As big as Glory has looked ( I thought he looked bigger than his opponents even when upat 133), I can't imagine he cuts down from more than 145. Let's say he weighs 140 Saturday night

as said, ill take the over ...

I'm sure he'll be a full 135 by Sat. night if (when) he makes the finals. I don't think it benefits him to take in much more than that, though. That would be a lot of water and food sitting in his stomach that his body won't have time to use if he gets too crazy in his attempt to refuel. He'll have plenty of time after to hit the buffet line. 

10 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

As big as Glory has looked ( I thought he looked bigger than his opponents even when upat 133), I can't imagine he cuts down from more than 145. Let's say he weighs 140 Saturday night

I believe I heard that he was getting up to 145 in-season this year, prompting him to consider a permanent move to 133 (which ended up being a temporary move.)

This is on the high end of what I think. With a Saturday morning weigh-in at 127 (125+2), he’ll be between 137-140 by the time he hits the mat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

This is on the high end of what I think. With a Saturday morning weigh-in at 127 (125+2), he’ll be between 137-140 by the time he hits the mat.

You think he might only gains 10lbs?  Think about how quickly you can put back 5+ lbs of water weight and then they fact you've got the rest of the day.  He's a big boy!

Edited by ionel

You think he might only gains 10lbs?  Think about how quickly you can put back 5+ lbs of water weight and then they fact you've got the rest of the day.  He's a big boy!

That’s my low-end estimate. I don’t see him going above 140.

If this was a single day tourney with a similar delay between weigh-in and the bout, I could see it. But not after holding weight down for three days.

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The Iowa radio guys said that he actually had to cut some weight this year.  Apparently he put on some mass during his recovery.  For some reason, I remember something about "137."

That was most likely due to an inability to push hard cardio while focusing on recovering from major surgery to both knees. He is likely much lower than 137 now.

i am an idiot on the internet