PortaJohn

Carr vs O'Toole  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Carr vs O'Toole

• David Carr
    • Kegan O'Toole

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'l go Carr again

Picked Carr again myself but I'm really excited to see the adjustments O'Toole makes.  We should all be thankful to have a rivalry like this.  Doesn't get any better

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Carr v O’Toole - 2023 Big 12 finals.  Small crowd vote here suggests Carr is favored (64% picking Carr).  Will judge the wisdom of small crowd in a few minutes.  

1st Period - hand fighting.  Generally staying out of tie ups.  Both guys warmed for face taps.  O in with C  leg up.  Almost TD.  On edge.  Has far ankle but stalemate called.

challenge … challenge lost.  

C fires and misses.  0-0 end of first.

2nd - O down.  C riding.  O to feet, hoists arm over head, turns in.  And out.  1-0 O’Toole.  Has front headlock, tries to get around corner but Carr pivots.  Nada.  Ref warning on fingers.  

O fires and misses.  Is more aggressive.  C tries super duck but O steps aside.  

3rd period.  Carr down.  Caution on Carr.  Care out fast.  1-1.  Carr fires - leg up.  O Toole makes it hard.  Wow.  Carr pulls him back on mat.  Goes to mat.  O grabs lag but Carr has O’s legs tangled .. and given the 2!  

Challenge … how many Challenges does Mizzou get?  Already lost one.

Challenge lost!  3-1 Carr.  O to feet.  Care warned for stalling.  O out.  3-2

stalling on Carr!!!  3-3!!!  He was backing.

OT!!  

Carr fires.  Close …. O toole D is for real.  Carr pulling him in.   And again.  2 with backs!!!  Pin!!! Carr wins!!!

Edited by Dark Energy

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

That first stall call?

You're asking what it was?  It was when Carr was on top and hanging on when O'Toole got to his feet.

Those calls were in my opinion correct and well done.  If that was how it was usually called then there wouldn't be the problem that has been so lamented on so many threads.

Plus it made the overtime and the incredible display by Carr possible!  🙂  Wow!

3 minutes ago, dragit said:

You're asking what it was?  It was when Carr was on top and hanging on when O'Toole got to his feet.

Those calls were in my opinion correct and well done.  If that was how it was usually called then there wouldn't be the problem that has been so lamented on so many threads.

I agree.  I was rooting for Carr and both were stalling.  Both also seemed unnecessary.  

9 minutes ago, dragit said:

Will have to re-watch.  Not saying it was the wrong call.  Caught me off guard when it was called but I most likely wasn't paying full attention. 

9 minutes ago, dragit said:

It is interesting to me because it seems like wrestlers have adjusted to not getting called. Both Carr and Mason Parris had looks of surprise when they realized they got called for the second stall so late and it was going to SV. Both were deserved though.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is interesting to me because it seems like wrestlers have adjusted to not getting called. Both Carr and Mason Parris had looks of surprise when they realized they got called for the second stall so late and it was going to SV. Both were deserved though.

Yes, the first call stall call on Parris was an unfortunate boneheaded mistake on his part.  Coaches need to remind their wrestlers on the rules

• Fire 1

I was surprised Carr let the first stall call happen. It felt like everyone knew it was coming and Carr was just content to hang on to O’Toole without working a return. You really don’t want to take that one there because the second one is inevitable when O’Toole brings the final flurry. Ultimately didn’t matter, but I was surprised as well. Both calls were right in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Totally.  Carr's surprise was palpable. 

My immediate reaction was to blame the current reffing climate - that he couldn't believe they'd actually pulled the trigger when it was warrented when that is so rare. 

But then the post-match interview was a little confusing to me.  His answer was a little garbled - I couldn't tell if he was saying that he was surprised to be called for stalling or that he didn't realize he'd been warned so the call would result in a point.  Did anyone else catch/understand what his answer was?

8 hours ago, dragit said:

Totally.  Carr's surprise was palpable. 

My immediate reaction was to blame the current reffing climate - that he couldn't believe they'd actually pulled the trigger when it was warrented when that is so rare. 

But then the post-match interview was a little confusing to me.  His answer was a little garbled - I couldn't tell if he was saying that he was surprised to be called for stalling or that he didn't realize he'd been warned so the call would result in a point.  Did anyone else catch/understand what his answer was?

"I thought I had a stall call to give."  Went on to talk about how loud it was, he could not hear and had to look a the ref.

• Fire 1