State of the Union.

El Luchador

What trap?   No one in this Congress other than Rick Scott, has supported changing SS or Medicare.   So when Biden said there were some in Congress (there is one perhaps in Congress - Rick Scott) they let him know he was wrong.    He lied to the American people directly with this.   And this is applause worthy?   The Rs were already on record saying they don't want changes to SS or Medicare.   So how is there a trap?

mspart

Saying that, I can see how sycophants would think this was brilliant.  But getting the Rs to say on record during the SOTU speech while misrepresenting what they have already said on record is not some brilliant move.   R's don't want to change SS and Medicare.   They have been down that road and it wasn't pleasant. 

mspart

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

What trap?   No one in this Congress other than Rick Scott, has supported changing SS or Medicare.   So when Biden said there were some in Congress (there is one perhaps in Congress - Rick Scott) they let him know he was wrong.    He lied to the American people directly with this.   And this is applause worthy?   The Rs were already on record saying they don't want changes to SS or Medicare.   So how is there a trap?

mspart

https://democrats.org/news/these-republicans-want-to-cut-social-security-medicare/

https://vadogwood.com/2022/10/27/6-times-republicans-suggested-or-outright-said-they-want-to-cut-social-security-and-medicare/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/us/politics/republicans-social-security-medicare.html

20 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

We all know this a false narrative,  but I still support it.  Putting DC in charge of my money is probably the most foolish decision one could make. They have bankrupted this country and I'm supposed to rely on them?

21 hours ago, mspart said:

Saying that, I can see how sycophants would think this was brilliant.  But getting the Rs to say on record during the SOTU speech while misrepresenting what they have already said on record is not some brilliant move.   R's don't want to change SS and Medicare.   They have been down that road and it wasn't pleasant. 

mspart

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

We all know this a false narrative,  but I still support it.  Putting DC in charge of my money is probably the most foolish decision one could make. They have bankrupted this country and I'm supposed to rely on them?

The federal SSI account was well funded back in the 60's but Johnson needed cash to expand the Vietnam war.  He proceeded to unlock the SSA safe and transfer the entire fund to the general treasury where it sits today.

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

Where did you get that?   NYPost?  FOX?  Breitbart? OAN?   Oh, I see, it was C-SPAN.   Right up there with the loonies C-SPAN is.   Can't trust them.

mspart

Televised on C-SPAN but I think it's a CBS copy.

1 hour ago, RYou said:

26 minutes ago, mspart said:

Oh, so you are saying that this is documented by C-SPAN and CBS which are very much credible news sources.   And Biden is not dubbed here, he is actually saying SS needs to be reigned in a bit.  HMMMMMMM

mspart

Wow.  You folks didn't get the memo.  CBS is MSM.  Liberal liars!  Don't feel bad.    C-Span had a lapse as well.

They secretly deployed advanced AI to dub that word "freeze" over what he actually said, which was "cut". 

22 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

this is hilariously untrue. half that party is on tape saying it explicitly. i'm sure that's all fake right?

hell even biden wants to cut back benefits. his populist economic message right now is simply a function of him losing the house. the dems always suddenly get very bold with their policy wants as soon as they know legislation will never reach their desk. a split house is an establishment democrat dream. they don't have to choose between their voters and donors.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

this is hilariously untrue. half that party is on tape saying it explicitly. i'm sure that's all fake right?

hell even biden wants to cut back benefits. his populist economic message right now is simply a function of him losing the house. the dems always suddenly get very bold with their policy wants as soon as they know legislation will never reach their desk. a split house is an establishment democrat dream. they don't have to choose between their voters and donors.

Republicans are no different.

• Fire 1

mspart

Mike Lee…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk