time machine college fantasy match

Elevator

1 hour ago, Matthew Burns said:

For my own selfish reasons,

Nikal vs Banach, Ruth vs Gutches, Abas vs Retherford, Gable vs Metcalf, Yanni vs Burroughs, Snyder vs Cassar.

Gutches vs Ruth.  This might be a a great matchup.   Ruth didn't have much in the way of international honors.   Gutches was 1996 Olympian and took 7th, and was on the world Team every year after winning WC 1997, 7th in 1998, and won bronze in 1999.   2000 he won a match with a horrible back injury but lost the other two in the OTTs.  With his back injury, he might not have done well in Sydney, but his replacment, Charles Burton, wasted an opportunity for Bronze.   If Gutches could have gotten enough cold spray on his back, he might have been able to do it. 

Ed Ruth I don't think did much on the international stage.   3 time NCAA champion went the MMA route and was middlin' there. 

This would be really fun to see.    I have to say, you can probably guess that I think Gutches would win. 

mspart

For clarification,

My choices are based on shoehorning past greats into current weight classes.

I'm also considering each wrestlers best season (often their final college season),but allowing for every weight class they may have competed in.

The more I consider it the better a Dake vs Schalles bout sounds.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Matthew Burns said:

For clarification,

I'm also considering each wrestlers best season (often their final college season),but allowing for every weight class they may have competed in.

That would be a good one.  I would spend 2.718 RAE to watch that.

For clarification,

I think you have to bump them all up at least one weight class. If the Schultz that made 167 was doing it with 2hrs before he wrestled Dake or Taylor, he’d get decked in the first period. Absolute destruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Come on now.  In a fantasy matchup scenario Dake loses to both by Major Decision minimum.  Dake doesn't belong in this thread

I would agree if we were talking international. College wise Dake has the best resume;

Hodge award, beat a reigning Hodge winner David Taylor, St John and Molinaro both won titles, his worst title win is Montel Marion a 2 time finalist.

I think Schalles and Schultz both beat him. But those are my earliest heroes in this sport. They still have my childlike sense of wonder on their side.

Lots of great ones already listed.

Gable Steveson vs Stephen Neil

RBY vs Abas

Nate Carr Sr. vs J. Burroughs 

Jimmy Carr vs Spence Lee

Randy Lewis vs Zain R. and Randy vs Yanni

Would like to see a dual of PSU 3X champs vs selection of 3X champs, may add to the list for PSU very soon.