Wrestle-offs

Idaho

27 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Oregon State tonight... few guys missing like Lara, Reiniche.... Tanner Harvey majors Reyes 17-6...he looked very tough. 

How does Harvey look?  I had doubts hr could be AA caliber at 197.  I thought his frame better suited for 174 than 197 when Munoz locked down 184.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

How does Harvey look?  I had doubts hr could be AA caliber at 197.  I thought his frame better suited for 174 than 197 when Munoz locked down 184.

Harvey looked very tough. He is plenty big for 197. He was supposed to go 197 last year before his injury. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 hours ago, OBRATS said:

Is Kaylor to 133 a possibility?

No - He is at 125 the next 2 years... SHaner is probably the guy at 133. Whisenhunt battled him pretty tough but I think he will redshirt and probably be the guy next year. 

43 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didnt' see Lara listed in the Oregon State wrestle-off results.  Injured?

Not sure... but they did have other wrestle-offs prior.  Lara and Gurr would be the favorites at 149. 

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Johnny Lovett got beat at 149. found that interesting.

My understanding was that his going 149 was more that Munson was going up and Lovett thought the better option for him from there was dropping.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Minnesota doesn't have wrestle-offs per se, but they had an open practice yesterday.  They do simulated matches without refs, so you get a rough idea of how people are doing.  Weights that are somewhat contested are 133, 165, 174, 184.  Of these weights only Sparks and Carlson (165) wrestled each other yesterday, with Sparks having a slight edge.  Sounds like Foy may go down to 184 to challenge Salazar.

• Fire 1