Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

25 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm sorry that you feel you need to personally hold them accountable or have so much contempt for anyone who, isn't coming to his defense mind you, is just reminding the mob that we should hesitate to pile on a young adult(if this helps you process it) for the actions that he clearly has little to no control of and for reasons you know nothing about but are happy to judge. 

Your approach is toxic and while its probably satisfying to you, as you imagine hurting people is satisfying to others(see the parallel yet?), it isn't actually doing any good(you, him, or us. whether you care or not, I find it important to point out the pointlessness of your vendetta). It seems as if you are incapable of seeing nuance in a situation that probably has much that we don't see. Taking a step back and regulating your emotions would probably help you process the facts a bit better and help you come to a more rational conclusion. In that, if this were you, and you weren't aware of the causes or, dare I say 'triggers' that make you become unglued. You probably wouldn't appreciate strangers talking about it and scheming to derail any plans you might have for perusing an athletic career at another school. The kid in a brace, might be able to make a case of negligence against the school. Also get his medical needs paid in full for a few years after they graduate. Hope they recover fully and can compete again soon. 

Now I totally expect you to ignore everything I wrote as 'hilarious'. If so, great. Glad I could help. Or pick one small issue to dunk on and claim victory. I really have no point to this paragraph just my attempt to predict your(or your partner's) response. Because you are cliches and thankfully a dying breed. 

It takes a village. Learning to ask for help and advocating for your needs, be it physical, emotional, or mental is difficult but important with lots of upside. We tend to try to fight these battles on our own. We don't need to. Find someone you trust that can help. Its worth it. 

Since you are not familiar with the kid in the brace or his mother, perhaps it would be good to take a look at her posts about the situation and how she has handled this, since it is the very topic of this thread.  She has been very vocal about Fernandes and about the situation, even posting screenshots of the texts back and forth.  Her name is Tina Martin -LIllard, mother of Tyler Lillard who was injured by Fernandes. She has been open posting this for everyone to see.  Her perspetive and what she has done can be found on her facebook as well as on Minnows page. 

https://www.facebook.com/tina.martin.372

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 1/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, billyhoyle said:

At what age and after how many warnings is somebody no longer considered a kid and allowed to be held accountable for his actions?

For repeatedly and flagrantly hurting people?

At about the age they start competing (6 years), they already know it is morally wrong, and an adult should be telling them it is wrong.  I'd take my kid out of the sport and dismiss other kids from the team if I were their coach.  

This boy may be an adult at 18, but he may never be a man.

• Fire 2

13 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm sorry that you feel you need to personally hold them accountable or have so much contempt for anyone who, isn't coming to his defense mind you, is just reminding the mob that we should hesitate to pile on a young adult(if this helps you process it) for the actions that he clearly has little to no control of and for reasons you know nothing about but are happy to judge. 

Your approach is toxic and while its probably satisfying to you, as you imagine hurting people is satisfying to others(see the parallel yet?), it isn't actually doing any good(you, him, or us. whether you care or not, I find it important to point out the pointlessness of your vendetta). It seems as if you are incapable of seeing nuance in a situation that probably has much that we don't see. Taking a step back and regulating your emotions would probably help you process the facts a bit better and help you come to a more rational conclusion. In that, if this were you, and you weren't aware of the causes or, dare I say 'triggers' that make you become unglued. You probably wouldn't appreciate strangers talking about it and scheming to derail any plans you might have for perusing an athletic career at another school. The kid in a brace, might be able to make a case of negligence against the school. Also get his medical needs paid in full for a few years after they graduate. Hope they recover fully and can compete again soon. 

Now I totally expect you to ignore everything I wrote as 'hilarious'. If so, great. Glad I could help. Or pick one small issue to dunk on and claim victory. I really have no point to this paragraph just my attempt to predict your(or your partner's) response. Because you are cliches and thankfully a dying breed. 

It takes a village. Learning to ask for help and advocating for your needs, be it physical, emotional, or mental is difficult but important with lots of upside. We tend to try to fight these battles on our own. We don't need to. Find someone you trust that can help. Its worth it. 

This has to be Baylors grandma or aunt. So eloquent! And a lot of emotion. I like the Hillary Clinton quip- it takes a village- No! It takes an involved parent to jerk a knot in the young mans tail, early and often, as needed. No justification here for what this young man has been doing. None. And the more it’s talked about the better for the sport ,and self policing when needed. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

ThreePointTakedown reminds me of the lady waiting in line to get on the plane watching the US Marshals bring up a guy in chains to the front of the line to get on first...and she says "I can't believe they are doing that to that poor man and embarrassing him like that."...to which, before I could say anything, a guy a few spots back goes..."Wonder how his victims feel?"  

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1