Better 4-timer: Spencer Lee or Kyle Dake?

Jimmy Cinnabon

23 hours ago, neweruser69 said:

No no, Dake was a huge 141 and maybe the biggest 149 I've ever seen. The man strength was always a factor or Reece Humphrey would've had him. 

I always wonder how people think they can between tell guys who weigh exactly the same that one is bigger or, even, "the biggest."  Was Dake "bigger" than Molinaro? Taller, yes. But Molinaro was bigger in the arms, in the chest, in the neck and in the yada yada. So who was bigger? 

8 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I always wonder how people think they can between tell guys who weigh exactly the same that one is bigger or, even, "the biggest."  Was Dake "bigger" than Molinaro? Taller, yes. But Molinaro was bigger in the arms, in the chest, in the neck and in the yada yada. So who was bigger? 

the one who inhaled hardest when he got on the scales  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, mspart said:

Are they allowed to inhale helium before getting on the scale?   I tried it once, not during a weight thing, but lasted about 15 seconds before I almost passed out. 

mspart

Was that when you sang Alvin and the Chipmunks for your high school talent contest?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Was that when you sang Alvin and the Chipmunks for your high school talent contest?

Actually, I was in Spanish Class as a Junior in HS.   I inhaled some helium from a balloon and waited for the teacher to call on me.   She didn't and I had to breathe.  She never knew but I about passed out.   I was really surprised at how fast that acted. 

mspart

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

Actually, I was in Spanish Class as a Junior in HS.   I inhaled some helium from a balloon and waited for the teacher to call on me.   She didn't and I had to breathe.  She never knew but I about passed out.   I was really surprised at how fast that acted. 

mspart

Crazy 

On 1/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, Eagle26 said:

Lee is a 3x champ. Everyone thought he would be a 4x state champ in high school too. Don’t count your eggs before they hatch.

If you wait until they hatch then you aren't counting eggs.  You are counting birds or reptiles or something else entirely.  

On 1/16/2023 at 8:27 PM, Plasmodium said:

People are counting Lee's chickens way before they are hatched.  Glory is on a vision quest.  24/7, He walks around with a copy of The Art of War that Sun Tzu personally autographed for him 2 years ago.  He has chapter 6 bookmarked and reads it every morning and night.

And Lee has General Grant's autobiography in the original handwritten manuscript. 

Love both guys. And while Lee is way more dominant, I gotta say Dake for two reasons.

1. Dake did it with no redshirts. If Lee does it, it will be with two redshirts in a sense, though neither was by choice. Lee won as a true freshman, but he did not compete in the NCAA tournament as a junior because the tournament was cancelled. Then, last year, in his 5th year of college, he took a medical redshirt. So this is his 6th year.

2. In three of his four finals, Dake beat a future NCAA champ or a former-and-future NCAA champ. Lee beat one future champ (Suriano) and another (Tomasello) along the way.

I don't think you can count Dake's freestyle success post-college b/c Lee has not had that opportunity yet. Also, if he stays healthy, he might do just as well.

Edited by Ponzi

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

Love both guys. And while Lee is way more dominant, I gotta say Dake for two reasons.

1. Dake did it with no redshirts. If Lee does it, it will be with two redshirts in a sense, though neither was by choice. Lee won as a true freshman, but he did not compete in the NCAA tournament as a junior because the tournament was cancelled. Then, last year, in his 5th year of college, he took a medical redshirt. So this is his 6th year.

2. In three of his four finals, Dake beat a future NCAA champ or a former-and-future NCAA champ. Lee beat one future champ (Suriano) and another (Tomasello) along the way.

I don't think you can count Dake's freestyle success post-college b/c Lee has not had that opportunity yet. Also, if he stays healthy, he might do just as well.

Can you consider their freestyle success up to this graduation?  

Lee has won multiple age level world titles (2 juniors, 1 cadet) as well as a US Senior Open/OTT Qualifier in 2019.  

I don't think Dake had won anything in freestyle through NCAAs his senior year.  I recall in 2018 in Budapest the announcer read off the previous credentials of all the finalists.  This is stuff like Olympic/World medals, Age level word medals, continental titles, and representing your country at the world championships/olympics.  All the finalists had several accomplishments listed except Dake.  The only accomplishment read off was that he wrestled at the junior world championships in greco.  Domestically he wrestled at the WTT in 2011 where he DNP and the OTT in 2012 where he finished 3rd.  He was also 2nd at University Nationals one year.