Lee bump up vs RBY

BAC

5 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Then he should cut. Or, if he's gunning for a challenge, why not bump up to face Real?

ahh ... if he really wanted a challenge by bumping up do you think he would've spent 3 years on 8th grade?  🙄

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Iowa fans are convinced Lee pins RBY.  For a real challenge Lee should take on Starocci.

There are a few neanderthals on HR that might think that but to state that (all/most) Iowa fans are convinced of a Lee pin is a mischaracterization of the fan base. Hawk fans have a lot of respect for RBY's skill. We would simply like to see a little less dancing and a little more scoring

• Fire 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

There are a few neanderthals on HR that might think that but to state that (all/most) Iowa fans are convinced of a Lee pin is a mischaracterization of the fan base. Hawk fans have a lot of respect for RBY's skill. We would simply like to see a little less dancing and a little more scoring

In his 2 NCAA finals matches and last 4 or 5 matches against Desanto wasn't he literally the only wrestler scoring TDs?  "Dancing" or not Desanto and Fix didn't score a single offensive point in a combined 6 or  7 matches against RBY, right?

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

In his 2 NCAA finals matches and last 4 or 5 matches against Desanto wasn't he literally the only wrestler scoring TDs?  "Dancing" or not Desanto and Fix didn't score a single offensive point in a combined 6 or  7 matches against RBY, right?

When RBY "goes", it's breathtaking to witness. I want to see more of that. I could use less of the shuffling and strategic back pedaling.

• Fire 2

Just now, Mr. PeanutButter said:

When RBY "goes", it's breathtaking to witness. I want to see more of that. I could use less of the shuffling and strategic back pedaling.

Ok, but why is the criticism of RBY who is the only one scoring offensive points, and not of Fix or Desanto for zero scoring offensive points? 

Couldn't you say the exact same thing of Fix and Desanto -- when they "go", it's breathtaking to witness?

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Ok, but why is the criticism of RBY who is the only one scoring offensive points, and not of Fix or Desanto for zero scoring offensive points? 

Couldn't you say the exact same thing of Fix and Desanto -- when they "go", it's breathtaking to witness?

The difference is that I believe RBY is simply better, and by a decent margin so my expectation is that he should be scoring more than he is/has, even against my guy DeSanto.

DeSanto is a bruiser, I love watching him wrestle but I wouldn't say it is  "breathtaking" int the same way as watching RBY wrestle. 

Fix is also a shuffler/dancer but with a boring ride that involves grabbing the opponent's junk. I don't expect Fix to score many points against RBY nor do I criticize him for failing to do so because I think RBY is simply better.

6 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

The difference is that I believe RBY is simply better, and by a decent margin so my expectation is that he should be scoring more than he is/has, even against my guy DeSanto.

DeSanto is a bruiser, I love watching him wrestle but I wouldn't say it is  "breathtaking" int the same way as watching RBY wrestle. 

Fix is also a shuffler/dancer but with a boring ride that involves grabbing the opponent's junk. I don't expect Fix to score many points against RBY nor do I criticize him for failing to do so because I think RBY is simply better.

Ok fair enough then.  Most Iowa fans I've encountered believe the ADS is better than RBY and RBY only wins because he employs illegal stalling dance moves.

no way Iowa has to worry about Lee getting picked off at 133 and RBY...No doubt Iowa has a better chance of winning with Lee at 133 but it won't happen because they want NO part of Spencer possibly losing...There are HS kids that would beat Penn State at 125lbs why would Iowa wrestle Lee at 125lbs if he is Truly The GOAT or does Iowa protect Lee

Edited by feet2back

41 minutes ago, feet2back said:

no way Iowa has to worry about Lee getting picked off at 133 and RBY...No doubt Iowa has a better chance of winning with Lee at 133 but it won't happen because they want NO part of Spencer possibly losing...There are HS kids that would beat Penn State at 125lbs why would Iowa wrestle Lee at 125lbs if he is Truly The GOAT or does Iowa protect Lee

Explain how Iowa does better in the dual with Lee at 133?  Both of their backup 125s are huge underdogs to PSU's Steen.

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Huge underdogs.

Steen was a top recruit.  Charles Matthews was not.  

Steen has a Big 10 win.  No Iowa reserve has a Div 1 win, that I am aware of.

Ybarra has 2, including 1 over a top recruit.  Not sure if he has made 125 this year though?

RBY doesn’t beat any top 10 wrestlers by much.  He clearly stalls and then when his opponents get frustrated he counter wrestled.  I think if Fix would just stall like RBY he’d have beaten him numerous times.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:01 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well, those guys either graduated or cleared out.  Suriano 133 the next year, and then back down to 125 with no Lee. 

Keep in mind that for the Bresser loss, Lee was still working through his first ACL and wasn't even wearing an Iowa singlet.

RBY has certainly improved, and is an all-timer, although against better competition his primary strategy seems to be avoiding wrestling and then picking his spot. (No plural)

Completely agree 

• Fire 1

On 1/26/2023 at 5:44 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Explain how Iowa does better in the dual with Lee at 133?  Both of their backup 125s are huge underdogs to PSU's Steen.

What happened to Ayala? He can't Wrestle? Because he seems like he'd be the pretty clear favorite and...then this is self explanatory.