We have a few fellow posters in the path of Helene. Wrestlingrasta is one. Could be a Cat 4 or5. Everyone be safe.

Paul158

So far this morning we are just in between bands, which is a good storm for 30-60 minutes, then clears up...rinse and repeat.  Peak weather for me will be between 2-5pm.  There have been a couple tornadoes in the area this morning and expecting some more.  Decided yesterday to leave the bbq area in place, may end up regretting that decision....

• Bob 3

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

So far this morning we are just in between bands, which is a good storm for 30-60 minutes, then clears up...rinse and repeat.  Peak weather for me will be between 2-5pm.  There have been a couple tornadoes in the area this morning and expecting some more.  Decided yesterday to leave the bbq area in place, may end up regretting that decision....

Leave the grill open, maybe you'll catch some fresh seafood.  🙂

Just a suggestion you might want to secure it down. I have seen to many that have been blown off decks, porches and patios. In just rough storm conditions. 

I don’t have the units tied down but I just went out and weighted them down with cynder blocks, and the whole surface is surrounded to about waist high with concrete (docking and stacks of blocks). Should be okay. 11:00 run had another little bump to the east so we’re going to have some higher winds than expected yesterday. Downtown Fort Myers and fort Myers beach are getting some serious flooding. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Bob 1

Center is a couple hours passed, but as you can see have a day or more of gusts and lots of rain ahead.  Should make landfall in a couple hours just southeast of Florida State, going to cause a whole lot of problems,  and on into Georgia. It’s going to wreak some havoc well past Atlanta, and broadened out. She is a doozy. It stayed far enough west it wasn’t too bad in my neighborhood but some areas around town got serious flooding and a couple tornadoes.  Tornadoes still a watch through tomorrow night.  Chillin with the pups and a glass of wine  

IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.a1ebf1e9a25c981d184e1d6a5343ef3e.jpeg

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

I'm glad you are ok.. Thanks for your updates. 

Thank you. Seeming to turn out we got pretty lucky right where I’m at. Kept falling in those little gaps you see in the circulation. Whole lot of flooding and tornadoes pretty close to me but we made out good in my neighborhood. Frankly, I’ll take it, haven’t been on the good side of luck when it comes to natural forces in a bit! 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Thank you. Seeming to turn out we got pretty lucky right where I’m at. Kept falling in those little gaps you see in the circulation. Whole lot of flooding and tornadoes pretty close to me but we made out good in my neighborhood. Frankly, I’ll take it, haven’t been on the good side of luck when it comes to natural forces in a bit! 

I remember you telling me about the previous episodes with nature. You were due for a break. Take care.

17 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Good to hear your neighborhood survived.  

• Bob 1

Grandpa and two uncle's homes were flooded a couple feet.  FIL will see how his house is doing today...

Hurricane was worse than your ex-wife.  Takes your car, your house... What the hell does that color purple mean anyway?  

Turning out we got real lucky in my little section of the world. Some real carnage all around me, some historical situations. Town directly to my north saw its worst flooding ever.  Islands to the south, west, and north all under water.  Tornadoes to the east.  Apparently even the east side of my city under water. 

All I ended up with is one section of fence blown out.  🙏🏼🙏🏼   We’ll be getting hands dirty around here for a little bit. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 1

Turning out we got real lucky in my little section of the world. Some real carnage all around me, some historical situations. Town directly to my north saw its worst flooding ever.  Islands to the south, west, and north all under water.  Tornadoes to the east.  Apparently even the east side of my city under water. 

All I ended up with is one section of fence blown out.  🙏🏼🙏🏼   We’ll be getting hands dirty around here for a little bit. 

I'm in central North Carolina.  Early this morning lots of wind until 8am. Then all hell broke loose. Really strong winds and lots of rain now. Tornado 20 miles NW of my house. On the radar this storm is almost 1000 miles wide. Tremendous flooding in Western part of the state.

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I'm in central North Carolina.  Early this morning lots of wind until 8am. Then all hell broke loose. Really strong winds and lots of rain now. Tornado 20 miles NW of my house. On the radar this storm is almost 1000 miles wide. Tremendous flooding in Western part of the state.

Stay safe. This thing is effecting pretty much everything east of the Mississippi. Friends in northern Indiana have high wind advisories for today.  

This is what she looked like from the space station BEFORE she hit cat 4

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.1558b6f2b5ce01b12028adbd0ad74c9a.jpeg