The new and upcoming studs

KennyEBHS

Every athlete reaches their top at some point. When I look at the new studs, Bassett, Forest, etc., where will they top off? Which one will be that elite wrestler who wins the Olympic gold? So many have not made that final jump. Zain, no, Nolf, no, Dake, no, NIckal, no, Ed Ruth, no, Dieringer, no. The list is long.

What say you?

I think Duke is a surefire.  He is going to grow in to 74 KG.

Blaze has the frame for 65 KG, but he is lean.  Some guys don't add weight good.  I am less sure about him.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I’m not sold on Duke just yet but he keeps proving me wrong. 

I don’t think we have enough appreciation for Blaze just yet. It’s probably because his style is so defensive and it doesn’t wow you.  People are who they are so I’m not sure that he will become an offensive juggernaut but if moving up to 65kg helps with his energy and gives him a couple more offensive attacks, I do think he is Olympic gold caliber. 

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm sold on Duke, but hopefully someone reigns in his Tyler Berger/turdburger style extracurriculars when he hits the college scene.

Yeah.  I punched my fone when he headbutt Pantaleo.  I was ready to beat the living piss out of his dad and DT (with a baseball bat) over that bullshit.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1
  • Jagger 1

5 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I don't think the NLWC has a sales dept...

Its part of the joke, bro. It works better this way. Guess what? His name also doesn't have a "u" in it.

"I'm currently a member of the USA National Wrestling Team and train in State College, PA, with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club. In addition to competing in international wrestling competitions, I also work part-time as an Associate of Sales at ABR Dynamic Funds."

This is from "Linked in" which also mentions that he is a coach at NLWC.

Nice try though.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

On 9/20/2024 at 6:14 AM, nhs67 said:

Yeah.  I punched my fone when he headbutt Pantaleo.  I was ready to beat the living piss out of his dad and DT (with a baseball bat) over that bullshit.

Why DT?

btw, that match was the best I have ever seen Pantaleo.

1 hour ago, BAC said:

Why DT?

btw, that match was the best I have ever seen Pantaleo.

He is the cream of the crop from M2.

It was a joke, either way.  I thought it was classless.  A 17 year old can be corrected of that and I think he will be.

• Bob 1

Blaze seems to be the elite of the elite in terms of prospects. 

I'm curious to see what happen with Bassett because the guy seems to be very focused on marketing himself based off of HS and U17/U20 results. It's kind of an experiment of sorts.  JB was the first wrestler to really market himself on the senior level and it worked out very well.  Doing it this early is interesting and is adding a ton of pressure.

Edited by billyhoyle

Blaze is the top of this group imo. He is incredible for his age and I think he has tools that translate well to the next level. I love watching Bassett wrestle and I’m a big fan, but it think he will have a little bit tougher transition because he dominates so much with his pace but makes a few mistakes along the way. If he can clean them up he has the attitude to be next level. I think Duke and Jax are both going to be great at the next level and just a step behind Blaze 

Duke's strength is senior level already I think his development hinges a lot upon if that continues to develop (I assume it will he's 18) he has Dake level man strength and more of an offensive arsenal. Jax needs to develop a go to leg attack that's not a dump otherwise hes very satiev esque and I think the sky is the limit for him. Blaze could probably medal at senior worlds right now hes going back down to 57kg for u23's I think as he physically matures his offense will open up hes about as sure of a bet as I think we have. I think Bo could see some bumps in the road as he runs into more guys that can match his pace and physicality compared to the other guys I just don't think the ashnault win holds up quite the same because we have no idea what ashnaults training situation was like.

ranking them I would go

Blaze
Lilledahl (did not talk about him but 4 age level finals 
Jax
Duke
Bo

Im also still very high on Anthony Knox and as for college guys Messenbrink and Mendez are only getting better and are already super super elite as well.