WTT brackets are out

Coldy Squares

31 minutes ago, denger said:

They both scored pushouts. They both scored shot clock. 

0 reason to denigrate blaze.  He’s awesome.  He’s 17 and he just beat 3 top tier wrestlers.   But those aren’t real offensive points          😞     

the rules are supposed to create action. Not technicalities.  Jb won against haines with no offensive points today I think too 

Imagine an ncaa finals match decided on 4 stalling calls a fleeing the mat and some other nonsense.  People would lose their minds.  

Edited by Caveira

10 minutes ago, Caveira said:

0 reason to denigrate blaze.  He’s awesome.  He’s 17 and he just beat 3 top tier wrestlers.   But those aren’t real offensive points          😞     

the rules are supposed to create action. Not technicalities.  Jb won against haines with no offensive points today I think too 

It depends on what you consider offensive points.  

You're saying Burroughs scored only on counter exposure and points.

Interesting.

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, The Kid said:

It depends on what you consider offensive points.  

You're saying Burroughs scored only on counter exposure and points.

Interesting.

Do I have the Burroughs match wrong.  I may.   Apologies if I do. I don’t recall the exposure but I can totally be wrong.  

Edited by Caveira

21 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Will he be able to vote in this election?  He has to be 18 this calendar year, correct?

Pretty sure 18 by time of vote.  Would think you'd know but maybe you were asleep during passage of 26th?  

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Imagine an ncaa finals match decided on 4 stalling calls a fleeing the mat and some other nonsense.  People would lose their minds.  

Steps outs are definitely offensive points. They aren’t takedowns and they aren’t worth as much as takedowns. But I am glad they award the guy taking an offensive attack and driving his opponent out of bounds. Using JB and Ringer as an example, JB was definitely on the attack and earned those push outs. That’s not always the case, but I think the majority of the time it is and I’m glad they award those points. 

• Bob 2

38 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Steps outs are definitely offensive points. They aren’t takedowns and they aren’t worth as much as takedowns. But I am glad they award the guy taking an offensive attack and driving his opponent out of bounds. Using JB and Ringer as an example, JB was definitely on the attack and earned those push outs. That’s not always the case, but I think the majority of the time it is and I’m glad they award those points. 

I’m too late to edit but was referring to JB vs Haines… not Ringer

11 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Playing Devil's advocate here but is Blaze going to get much (any) better? Fix didnt...

I see the parallels you're referencing. Blaze is only about a year younger than fix was when he started winning some matches at the senior level. I think the comparison is more accurate through Blaze's Olympic team trials, though. Back in April we were all impressed that he had made the national team after dropping a 4-2 loss to Suriano and coming back through consolations; 2-2 over Megaludis; 5-1 over Lilledahl FF from Fix, ;then 8-1 over Jax Forrest. Impressive run, but a 2-2 over Megaludis was the only win over an opponent that wasn't still in HS. 

Blaze's 4 wins yesterday mark a huge improvement since April. All his wins were over grown men, 2 over guys who've wrestled for senior world medals (one whom owns a silver), and shutting out Garrett. It's not like he's spent his month scouting those dudes, either - A week ago the 17yr old was bringing hardware home from U20s in Spain. 

I also like that he looks like a 17yr old beating grown men. It doesn't look like his physical attributes are what these veterans struggled with, rather it was sound fundamentals, rarely conceding any position, excellent mat awareness and clock management, perfectly cool in hot exchanges. 

So, yes, I think he will improve. 

• Fire 1

Oh brother... what a match!

Vito dodged a bullet w/ a 2-1 "W".

If ANYONE left, has ANY doubt about Marcus Blades... set it aside, NOW!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

70Kg FS finals 1st match... Pantaleo vs Green up now on Mat 2.

AND I DIDN'T GET THIS POSTED & ALREADY A 10-0 TF by Green w/ a lat drop to multiple leg laces.

BAM-POW-ZIP!!!

All done...

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.