At the Debate Tonight

Offthemat

On 9/22/2024 at 12:49 PM, jross said:

Because Trump maintains (repeatedly) that groups A and B are bad, the existence or absence of group C does not alter that assessment. Group C’s presence might add nuance, but it doesn't negate the classification of A and B as negative.

I don't dispute that Trump denounced the KKK and Neo nazis.  However, that does not  make up for him claiming that fine people attended and marched in a KKK/neo nazi rally that was filled with nazi flags and anti semitic chants and ended up in the murder of a counter-protestor. I don't think a single person there marching with nazis was a good person, and the fact that he has never walked back the claim that fine people attended that rally makes voting for him a non starter for many people. 

Edited by billyhoyle

10 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

I don't dispute that Trump denounced the KKK and Neo nazis.  However, that does not  make up for him claiming that fine people attended and marched in a KKK/neo nazi rally that was filled with nazi flags and anti semitic chants and ended up in the murder of a counter-protestor. I don't think a single person there marching with nazis was a good person, and the fact that he has never walked back the claim that fine people attended that rally makes voting for him a non starter for many people. 

Will you share the transcript or video where Trump claimed the torch-bearing marchers at the University of Virginia campus (Friday Aug 11, 2017) were fine people?