At the Debate Tonight

Offthemat

6 hours ago, mspart said:

She said Roe Vs Wade before she was asked the question by Trump.   So she did not answer his question. 

To your assertion   https://www.axios.com/2022/05/14/abortion-state-laws-bans-roe-supreme-court

How late into pregnancy abortion is allowed

As of Dec. 15, 2023

Where things stand today

Over half of states have restrictions in place only at or after viability, or have no limit at all.

• 24 weeks: Four states ban abortions at 24 weeks of pregnancy.
  • Viability: 14 states ban abortions after the fetus is considered viable. Some laws that don't specify a limit say it's up to the abortion provider's "judgment" to determine whether a fetus is viable.
  • Third trimester: Virginia is the only state that prohibits abortions in the pregnancy's third trimester, which starts at around 25 weeks, per Guttmacher. It's also the lone southern state that hasn't banned or restricted abortion since the end of Roe.

No limit: Six states and Washington, D.C., do not impose any term restrictions. That has not changed since the overturning of Roe.

In other words, you have confirmed that Kamala is for no restrictions on abortion.   As an example, OR passed their last abortion law in 2017 that provided for  no restrictions on when an abortion can be done.   That was the case for the other 5 states and DC before Roe vs Wade was overturned.  Thank you for making my case for me. 

mspart

I don't believe you're reading that correctly. Roe vs Wade set out parameters for abortion in each trimester. Are there exceptions? Yes. That does not mean no restrictions. There are still hoops to jump through. Those are called restrictions. 

But I feel there should be no restrictions on abortion. I would think and it has been born out in the data that has been collected that there are no 9th month abortions for 'eh, I just don't want a baby' reasons that conservatives roll out every time their ass is in a vise. It doesn't happen and you know it doesn't happen because they have not examples of it happening. Unlike when the enact a draconian ban in Ohio, that would force a 10 year old girl to carry a baby to term. Late term abortion is rare and happens under horrendous circumstances often devastating to the parents and sometimes physically dangerous for the pregnant person. 

45 lied. LIED about 9th month abortions. Straight up lied. Has told this lie multiple times. Baby executions?! How is saying something that is such an obvious and ridiculous lie not make him unfit for office? 

This has always been a moral debate and you can't convince enough people to see it your way so you try to legislate it. It always backfires and it will again. Too many people want the freedom to end a pregnancy if and when they want to. 

The emotional spiraling on this forum after their boy got his ass kicked by someone he's called a brain dead loser and low IQ is amazing. Take the L and move on.  Nope, instead we've got cheating moderators, questions given in advance, and wireless earring microphones (as isual without any evidence of anything other than the continued belief that its literally impossible for them to lose).  These forums are just basically my crazy uncle's Facebook feed now.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Guess there’s no need to wait for any developments, no need to investigate, we’ve got all the evidence we need.  Right?

Usually one has evidence first, then makes accusations based off that evidence.  Try that.

• Bob 1

19 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I’d say the claim has already been made, and a call for investigation by another non-biased source, with some substantiation in the works.  

Again, baseless claims.  Have evidence before you make a claim.  End of story.  Otherwise, everyone just gets to say anything, evidence be damned.  They could say something crazy insane and racist, like...I dunno, Haitian immigrants are eating pets, or that if Kamala wins, the White Hoise will smell like curry and you, and a certain group of people would just like, latch onto it!   No no,  that's too wild and craz---wait, what happened? 

28 minutes ago, jross said:

Kamala did better than expected and was still bad.  Trump was also bad.

I will go one step further. Trump's performance was the second worst ever for a nominee, or presumptive nominee, behind only Joe Biden's. Even Nixon's famous first debate with Kennedy was a better performance than what we saw from Trump.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

32 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I will go one step further. Trump's performance was the second worst ever for a nominee, or presumptive nominee, behind only Joe Biden's. Even Nixon's famous first debate with Kennedy was a better performance than what we saw from Trump.

If there are 10 tiers of performance, with tier 10 the worst... both Kamala and Trump were in that tier.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jross said:

If there are 10 tiers of performance, with tier 10 the worst... both Kamala and Trump were in that tier.  

#Wishcasting

Just take the L.  She whooped his ass.  It won't matter much in terms of what happens in the election, maybe a point or two temporary bump, but she demolished him. 

• Bob 1