Suggestions for other wrestling forums that are doing a better job with ads. Thanks

Paul158

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Day 3 . No change.

I'm not sure you saw the irony in it.

Those three are no longer in functioning existence.

They said there would be an adjustment period.  That doesn't mean an immediate change once you see something wrong.

Give them a week or so.  This is the slow season.  Hopefully it is refined by WTT.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I'm certainly willing to endure for a week or so while they fix the issue.  Having to click the small x on two pop ups every time one changes the page is not a good solution.  If all of us install ad blockers then where is the revenue stream for Bob & Du?  I thought an advantage of the tech guy living in the eternal afterworld was that he could go back in earth time and fix issues before we even noticed  but alas ...

Can we at least in the meantime take that silly smile off the Bob reaction face till the issue is resolved?   🤨

• Bob 1
  • Ionel 1

14 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm certainly willing to endure for a week or so while they fix the issue.  Having to click the small x on two pop ups every time one changes the page is not a good solution.  If all of us install ad blockers then where is the revenue stream for Bob & Du?  I thought an advantage of the tech guy living in the eternal afterworld was that he could go back in earth time and fix issues before we even noticed  but alas ...

Can we at least in the meantime take that silly smile off the Bob reaction face till the issue is resolved?   🤨

A sad Bob?

• Brain 1

19 minutes ago, ionel said:

Same. Transitions can be tough so I can wait a bit. But I also will go elsewhere for wrestling chat if coming here means pop ups and animated banner ads every dang page. And yes, installing ad blocking software defeats the purpose of having ads so that’s not a good solution either. 

Half serious question?  Are the peeps running this operating at a loss?   A significant loss?   (I’m not knocking anyone… if they’re paying out of pocket that’s not that cool).    

3 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I guess for the money we pay for this forum we should expect better.  Oh, wait........

Its why I'm gonna ask for a refund.   Bob's a stand up good dead senator, I'm sure he will refund my money.

In all seriousness I'm sticking with Bob & Du, they've done a great job of putting this together after we lost that other forum.  

• Bob 2

20 hours ago, ionel said:

19 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

A sad Bob?

I have a neighbor I call "Bad Bob"!!!  Could write a book on this dude....not a good person inside or out.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2024 at 7:31 PM, ionel said:

Its why I'm gonna ask for a refund.   Bob's a stand up good dead senator, I'm sure he will refund my money.

In all seriousness I'm sticking with Bob & Du, they've done a great job of putting this together after we lost that other forum.  

This. I was really bummed that we lost the old forum, i don't post much, but i read almost daily. I am annoyed with the ads, but i'll 100% deal with it as nobody needed to step up and save this, they deserve a lot of credit, and we should all have a pretty high threshold for dealing with/ignoring ads in 2024. 

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, alex1fly said:

I looked and these seem to be articles not forums. Am I missing something?

Please see my above post, that I will also quote for you.

On 8/29/2024 at 1:14 PM, nhs67 said:

I'm not sure you saw the irony in it.

Those three are no longer in functioning existence.

They said there would be an adjustment period.  That doesn't mean an immediate change once you see something wrong.

Give them a week or so.  This is the slow season.  Hopefully it is refined by WTT.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I don’t think there are really any others that are particularly active unless you want to join in with a bunch of Penn State fans saying to trust in Cael or a bunch of Iowa fans yelling at the sky.

I recommend getting an ad blocker

Edited by 1032004