Why is Harris afraid to debate?

On 8/21/2024 at 4:14 PM, mspart said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/jul/24/threads-posts/no-trump-isnt-backing-down-from-a-debate-with-harr/

A July 23 Threads post included side-by-side photos of Harris and Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, with the caption, "Trump has announced he won’t debate Kamala Harris. Is he afraid of her?"

The claim isn’t accurate.On a July 23 call with reporters hosted by the Republican National Committee, Trump said he’d be "absolutely" willing to debate Harris "multiple times."

"I think if you’re … the Democratic nominee or Republican nominee, you really have an obligation to debate," he said.

We rate the claim he announced he won’t debate Harris False. 

So your claim Vak, is false. 

mspart

Since you didn't quote me, I didn't know you had responded, and given some personal life stuff (birthday into a surgery for my wife), I haven't been checking the threads that diligently so I missed this.  Actually, no, your claim is false.  That's what started this whole thing.  You said he would debate because he always does.  I pointed out that he in fact did not do that at all during the GOP nomination process.  Then you took the conversation other directions, rather than admitting you were wrong, and now you're trying to parse semantics on the exact phrasing of how he said things when it was pretty clear to most people given the multiple different, conflicting things he said that he had no interest in debating Kamala at the time, probably for the same reason he didn't debate during the nomination; he felt like he had it locked up given the polling at the time.  However, I will concede that he never directly said "I will not debate Kamala."

Regardless, this all started with a false statement you made, which you haven't admitted to, but is a verifiable fact.  He would not "debate, no matter what".  It's not "what he does".  He does what he sees as politically necessary at any given time.

6 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

all trump has to do is shut his mouth

and let her word salad spoil all over her

can he do it? 

We can hope he can as hope can give us what we hope for and can be the way we can become unbound by what has been at least we can hope it will be. 

• Bob 1