Why is Harris afraid to debate?

On 8/21/2024 at 4:14 PM, mspart said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/jul/24/threads-posts/no-trump-isnt-backing-down-from-a-debate-with-harr/

A July 23 Threads post included side-by-side photos of Harris and Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, with the caption, "Trump has announced he won’t debate Kamala Harris. Is he afraid of her?"

The claim isn’t accurate.On a July 23 call with reporters hosted by the Republican National Committee, Trump said he’d be "absolutely" willing to debate Harris "multiple times."

"I think if you’re … the Democratic nominee or Republican nominee, you really have an obligation to debate," he said.

We rate the claim he announced he won’t debate Harris False. 

So your claim Vak, is false. 

mspart

Since you didn't quote me, I didn't know you had responded, and given some personal life stuff (birthday into a surgery for my wife), I haven't been checking the threads that diligently so I missed this.  Actually, no, your claim is false.  That's what started this whole thing.  You said he would debate because he always does.  I pointed out that he in fact did not do that at all during the GOP nomination process.  Then you took the conversation other directions, rather than admitting you were wrong, and now you're trying to parse semantics on the exact phrasing of how he said things when it was pretty clear to most people given the multiple different, conflicting things he said that he had no interest in debating Kamala at the time, probably for the same reason he didn't debate during the nomination; he felt like he had it locked up given the polling at the time.  However, I will concede that he never directly said "I will not debate Kamala."

Regardless, this all started with a false statement you made, which you haven't admitted to, but is a verifiable fact.  He would not "debate, no matter what".  It's not "what he does".  He does what he sees as politically necessary at any given time.

6 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

all trump has to do is shut his mouth

and let her word salad spoil all over her

can he do it? 

We can hope he can as hope can give us what we hope for and can be the way we can become unbound by what has been at least we can hope it will be. 

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

maybe harris and walz caught what biden has

"they would literally kill him. Not a joke."

Good ole Scranton Joe clarifying that it is not a joke to kill people.  

• Bob 1

Politicians are to be believed.   https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNo35pvt/

tried to type the quotes up…. As per usually I couldn’t find a similar vid on YouTube.   

Gavin Quotes in this vid… regarding homelessness:

2008:  What we call our 10 year plan to end chronic homelessness in San Francisco.
2010: How are you going to solve homelessness as the new mayor?   And I say what are you going to do?
2012 We are going to sign a housing first model to provide direct access to housing for the homeless.
2015:  Shelter solves sleep. Housing with wrap around and support services solves homelessness.
2016: Homelessness can absolutely be solved.
2018: I laid out a detailed homelessness strategy.  There has been no intentionality on homelessness in this state for decades, it has not been a focus.
2019: I don’t think we can solve homelessness; I know we can solve homelessness.
2020: We will reduce street homelessness quickly and humanely through emergency acts.
2021: the highest investment the state has made is $1b in homelessness.  We are poised to pass a budget in the next few hours that will provide $12b of investments.
2022: I can literally quantify, 58000 people that we got off the streets last year, and none of you would believe it.
2023  This state has not made progress in the last 2 decades as it relates to homelessness.
2024:  we are not interested in funding failure.  We are not interested in failing more efficiently, when it comes to the issue of homelessness and the crisis in the street.

• Bob 1

On 8/31/2024 at 7:43 AM, VakAttack said:

Since you didn't quote me, I didn't know you had responded, and given some personal life stuff (birthday into a surgery for my wife), I haven't been checking the threads that diligently so I missed this.  Actually, no, your claim is false.  That's what started this whole thing.  You said he would debate because he always does.  I pointed out that he in fact did not do that at all during the GOP nomination process.  Then you took the conversation other directions, rather than admitting you were wrong, and now you're trying to parse semantics on the exact phrasing of how he said things when it was pretty clear to most people given the multiple different, conflicting things he said that he had no interest in debating Kamala at the time, probably for the same reason he didn't debate during the nomination; he felt like he had it locked up given the polling at the time.  However, I will concede that he never directly said "I will not debate Kamala."

Regardless, this all started with a false statement you made, which you haven't admitted to, but is a verifiable fact.  He would not "debate, no matter what".  It's not "what he does".  He does what he sees as politically necessary at any given time.

Vak, you are conflating  the subject out of scope from what was intended.   Of course he did not debate during the republican primaries, there was no need.   What I said applied to Harris and Biden.  If you want to, you can apply it to whatever you want.   I'm sure he would refuse to debate you or I so you can prove anything you want if you take something out of context.   Why don't you challenge him to a debate and then you can have the ecstatic pleasure of then going to the media and claiming he is afraid of you because he won't debate you.  

Hopefully this clears things up for you.  

mspart

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Vak, you are conflating  the subject out of scope from what was intended.   Of course he did not debate during the republican primaries, there was no need.   What I said applied to Harris and Biden.  If you want to, you can apply it to whatever you want.   I'm sure he would refuse to debate you or I so you can prove anything you want if you take something out of context.   Why don't you challenge him to a debate and then you can have the ecstatic pleasure of then going to the media and claiming he is afraid of you because he won't debate you.  

Hopefully this clears things up for you.  

mspart

This is such a wild reach.  I am not his political opponent.  You comparing me, a random internet poster, against the multiple Republican politicians he was actually running against is almost funny if it wasn't so sad.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

This is such a wild reach.  I am not his political opponent.  You comparing me, a random internet poster, against the multiple Republican politicians he was actually running against is almost funny if it wasn't so sad.

No it is not and your unwillingness to see that is part of your problem.  My statement was obviously aimed at the Presidential debates.   You decided to make it about something else.   So I followed your lead and you cry foul.   It is really tough to have it all ways, but you keep on trying. 

What you are doing is what the press does all the time.   Taking a quote out of context for a gotcha moment.   When it gets turned on you you complain.   Too bad. 

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

No it is not and your unwillingness to see that is part of your problem.  My statement was obviously aimed at the Presidential debates.   You decided to make it about something else.   So I followed your lead and you cry foul.   It is really tough to have it all ways, but you keep on trying. 

What you are doing is what the press does all the time.   Taking a quote out of context for a gotcha moment.   When it gets turned on you you complain.   Too bad. 

mspart

I see we're at the part where you just claim things are true because you say they are true,  then claim some sort of victory off your self-authenticating tautology of nonsense. "The thing i said clearly meant something else, and you're trying to cheat by quoting me."  OK, buddy.

• Confused 1