Olympic wrestling... The Last Day

3 minutes ago, Grecojones said:

Imagine if she and Zare had a child. 

You have hurt my imagination. 

On another note, the "Gold Medal Race" is the way NBC decided to promote a kind of horse-race for the Olympics. There was no race for total medals, so they had to figure out something else. I think it demeans Silver and Bronze, which are incredible achievements, and I think it is pretty cynical, and way too Ricky Bobby. 

With that said, the defending Gold Medalist USA just got crushed by Italy in the Women's volleyball final. 

On a final note, I am disappointed with the medal haul in wrestling, especially with no Russia here. I think the Americans gave their all, but it came down to some bad draws and some meh draws that turned out to be bad matchups. There are a lot of young lions in our country, though, who will be the stars of the next generation; kids who have already won age-group world medals.

We'll be back. 

With that said, good day, and thanks to D3 and the rest of you. I went through about 200 "Bob Doles" and "LOLs" and "Fires" and other reactions over the games because y'all brought yourself to the party. 

abcd.jpg

• Fire 2

Posted (edited)

UWW site just brought up the final team scores (unofficial, of course. )

1st (naturally) Japan w/130 pts.

2nd USA w/93pts.

3rd Kyrgyzstan w/45 pts.

The wrestling in the Paris Olympiad is OVAH!

Cheers to you all!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 3
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

9 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

You have hurt my imagination. 

On another note, the "Gold Medal Race" is the way NBC decided to promote a kind of horse-race for the Olympics. There was no race for total medals, so they had to figure out something else. I think it demeans Silver and Bronze, which are incredible achievements, and I think it is pretty cynical, and way too Ricky Bobby. 

With that said, the defending Gold Medalist USA just got crushed by Italy in the Women's volleyball final. 

On a final note, I am disappointed with the medal haul in wrestling, especially with no Russia here. I think the Americans gave their all, but it came down to some bad draws and some meh draws that turned out to be bad matchups. There are a lot of young lions in our country, though, who will be the stars of the next generation; kids who have already won age-group world medals.

We'll be back. 

With that said, good day, and thanks to D3 and the rest of you. I went through about 200 "Bob Doles" and "LOLs" and "Fires" and other reactions over the games because y'all brought yourself to the party. 

abcd.jpg

I don’t think they are trying to diminish silver and bronze… they are simply looking for a good story line. That’s what the media does. As you said the medal count wasn’t even a race. The gold count is a nail biter and generates some excitement. 

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

UWW site just brought up the final team scores (unofficial, of course. )

1st (naturally) Japan w/130 pts.

2nd USA w/93pts.

3rd Kyrgyzstan w/45 pts.

The wrestling in the Paris Olympiad is OVAH!

Cheers to you all!

D3

Forum MVP for a job well done this weekend.

• Bob 2

Everybody who has the Peacock link... just go to the beginning of todays action and just watch the 65Kg matches.

Repechage to the medal matches.

That alone, was worth it all.

D3

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yeoman's work @D3 for LU. Thank you for a week of quality programming. Looking forward to hearing you on the mic along side the JBs in LA.

LOL...😏Yeah,

MH-WEB-IMAGEN-DEST-1600x900-1.png

D3

Boy... did I had fun this past week.

BUT, I got things to take care of today.

Till then...

Sayonara poster-sans!

D3

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

Boy... did I had fun this past week.

BUT, I got things to take care of today.

Till then...

Sayonara poster-sans!

D3

So we are hosting a live-stream next Olympics is what you're saying?

6 hours ago, Grecojones said:

Man. Congratulations Sebastian!!! Wish he was our rep. But my god Mongolia a tragedy every Olympics. 

Rivera gave JPN a run for his money in the quarterfinal. I was afraid of him being in the bronze medal bout, worst fear realized.
Mongolia had 3 bronze medal losses in women’s freestyle. 
The people still love freestyle wrestling

• Jagger 1