Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

oldschool

2 minutes ago, HumblestMumble said:

They rejected Tsabolovs challenge and screwed him lol…

that was absolutely not two for Kyle 

It was hard to tell if that was two or not in real time, so I think it was definitely worth a challenge. I’m surprised they didn’t even look at it. Guess they were fed up with Dake’s disastrous challenge, but that’s no reason to hold it against Tsabolov.

Regardless Dake wasn’t losing that match. He was just going ape $h!t til he won lol

• Bob 1

What a crazy match! You can always expect Cornell to litigate their wrestling matches, but you don't usually see the litigation take place on the mat. 

DAKE AND CORNER: "We Challenge!"

HEAD REF: "Denied."

DAKE AND CORNER: "Oh, no, no, no, no, we STRENUOSLY Challenge!"

HEAD REF: "Overruled and here's another point for your opponent. Challenge LOST!"

But then after the courtroom theatrics, Dake with another top meme of the Games with his throw in the last few seconds. Well done! USA!

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Perry said:

Were they actually looking at the wrong video?

The video review they show on the big screen which is the same as the officials get showed the 1st period step out review that resulted in the 1-1 score.  Dake kept telling them that’s the wrong challenge point and even wrong period but they kept watching it.  You wouldn’t even be allowed to challenge something that far back in the scoring sequence.  I’m not sure he would win the challenge if it was the right sequence viewed but I’d also be pissed if it looked like I’m getting screwed due to them not even looking at the right thing to check. 

Edited by MadMardigain

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

It was hard to tell if that was two or not in real time, so I think it was definitely worth a challenge. I’m surprised they didn’t even look at it. Guess they were fed up with Dake’s disastrous challenge, but that’s no reason to hold it against Tsabolov.

Regardless Dake wasn’t losing that match. He was just going ape $h!t til he won lol

What a great last 31 seconds. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, denger said:

He's gonna be embarrassed when he realizes that it was indeed the right time in the review. 

*edit: I don't know what he thought his corner was challenging, but they definitely weren't looking at something from the first period. 

Did anyone else notice a pretty big disconnect between Kyle and his coaches?

Cody seemed as confused what Kyle was talking about as the refs.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

The video review they show on the big screen which is the same as the officials get showed the 1st period step out review that resulted in the 1-1 score.  Dake kept telling them that’s the wrong challenge point and even wrong period but they kept watching it.  You wouldn’t even be allowed to challenge something that far back in the scoring sequence. 

I'll feel a whole lot better if you're right!

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

If you are taking about Dakes 2TD close to the out of bonds in the 2nd the Serbs coach signaled that they declined that challenge after originally asking for it. Its wasn’t denied they just decided to drop it because the score could turn into 4-4 if they lost it.  

• Brain 1

Here’s what I think happened (pretty confident)

Cody was trying to challenge the earlier sequence (was just a bit late, but it was confusing with the score). Good challenge IMO because it was very close to two for dake  

Dake didn’t realize the challenge button was hit so long ago because he was wrestling 

Dake thought they should be looking at the last sequence (but I don’t know what was even challenge worthy there).

Dake was upset because he thought he was getting screwed and started screaming that the first sequence was from the first period (which it was not).

• Bob 2
  • Poopy 1