Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

oldschool

I hope at this very moment every USA coach and assistant and decision maker is not only quietly thinking to themselves where did I go wrong but more importantly how do I quickly exit so others with more heart and soul and true love for the sport take the reigns and build back the brand to compete with the Japans of the world: 

Edited by Rassling
  • Fire 1

The women are doing well in part because their college style is freestyle. Perhaps it's time to reform folk so it's more like free. (That would also give English-speaking international wrestlers a better chance to compete here -- which would give US fans a great show.)

3 minutes ago, jchapman said:

RTCs are good for college programs, but are they good for International success?

No RTCs would mean no RTC money keeping best wrestlers competing after college.

The lack of top Americans in the UFC over the last decade is due directly to the fact the RTCs oay better than fighting.

And, no, the money wouldn’t flow to these athletes in the same way if they were all in Colorado Springs. The competition among the schools has been a good thing for the RTC athletes 

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

Burroughs was praising Snyder for not going all out in period 1, then after Kyle got two TDs near the end he was question Kyle first period tactics.

Now Kennedy gets up 8-2 and he says she should let the fur fly. Blades attempts a TD and Burroughs claims "Well done" but Kurgistan counters and turns her within 5 seconds to make 8-6.

Not his best color commentary. 

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

So you're confirming you didn't watch their previous match

I saw Snyder flying through the air to an 11/0 loss. 

I guess he was afraid to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.  When he pushed the pace, he scored or was close to scoring. Wrestling like Varner isn't going to get it done regardless of your religious beliefs. 

Wow! I think the Kennedy Blades camp now has my two favorite memes from these Olympics. Kennedy with the 5-pointer is number one, for sure, and her coach, Izzy Martinez with the celebration after the semifinal win, jumping into Terry Steiner's arms. The face, the excitement, it was like he just unwrapped a PlayStation Christmas morning. GO USA! GO ILLINOIS! 

• Fire 2