Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

I am shocked how Dake just wrestled this match. After the 1st period he had to know he couldn’t give the Japanese wrestler his ankle so easily. And yet, he continued to let him into easy ankle picks in the 2nd (is he really that confident in his chest wrap????). Just mind numbing. 

Agreed. He used to have such a low stance…

• Wrestle 1
  • Jagger 1

Just now, D3 for LU said:

The key points given, was Takatani's ankle lace sequence.

That was devastating!

D3 

Dake was within one point and then thr lace happened.

Takatani had zero issues attacking Dake. Dake let him in too easy.  An unbelievably disappointing bout. 

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

Agreed. He used to have such a low stance…

I truly believe if he protects his ankles and stays on attack that’s a completely different result. The two times he fully committed to offense he scored easily. Sometimes you have to blow the game plan up mid match and Dake just never adjusted. 

• Bob 2

5 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I am shocked how Dake just wrestled this match. After the 1st period he had to know he couldn’t give the Japanese wrestler his ankle so easily. And yet, he continued to let him into easy ankle picks in the 2nd (is he really that confident in his chest wrap????). Just mind numbing. 

Another Penn state guy and another guy who has flatlined or regressed since the move. If cael is so much better these are situations he should be making a difference in tactically. 

Just now, alliseeisgold said:

Another Penn state guy and another guy who has flatlined or regressed since the move. If cael is so much better these are situations he should be making a difference in tactically. 

They should move to Hawkeye WC