Paid Letter: The truth about Tim Walz. Just a few issues with his military record. Was only a Master Sergeant.

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Uh...ok. 

And? Is this really the best you've got? A guy who served for 24 years, who then became a teacher. Who fought against insider trading in Congress(which is a big issue when it's Pelosi, not so much I guess when it's Republicans, but...whatever). He was a teacher...a successful Gov! LOL...holy shit the grasping at straws is SOOO sad here!

18 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Bullshit. She said HALF of Trump's supporters were deplorables.

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

We do? Ok. 

I guess if "we know," then...what can I say!  I now declare "Cletus," a racial slur!

i didn't say racist 

3 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Uh...ok. 

And? Is this really the best you've got? A guy who served for 24 years, who then became a teacher. Who fought against insider trading in Congress(which is a big issue when it's Pelosi, not so much I guess when it's Republicans, but...whatever). He was a teacher...a successful Gov! LOL...holy shit the grasping at straws is SOOO sad here!

if you can't make the connection im sorry

he lies... media covers for him

seems pretty clear 

it's been happening for dems for AT LEAST a few decades now

• Haha 1

LOL...again, THIS is it? He retired. That's the story. He retired before they deployed!

Oh Lawrdy! Nobody ACTUALLY cares about this shit. This is evidence of nothing beyond how little they have on Walz. 

8 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

if you can't make the connection im sorry

I can. It's the same shit they tried with John Kerry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guy-swift-boated-john-kerry-232545407.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

LOL...again, THIS is it? He retired. That's the story. He retired before they deployed!

Oh Lawrdy! Nobody ACTUALLY cares about this shit. This is evidence of nothing beyond how little they have on Walz. 

I can. It's the same shit they tried with John Kerry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guy-swift-boated-john-kerry-232545407.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

You’re being dishonest defending a dishonest man and you’re not going to get any rest because there’s a lot of twisted history with this guy.  

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jross said:

great guy

That's already been debunked. It's BS. By the transitive property of BS - your post is also BS.

Check your sources carefully before posting if you want to be considered legitimate as a poster.

There are plenty of garbage posters here - you just have to decide if you want to be one of those.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, RockLobster said:

That's already been debunked. It's BS. By the transitive property of BS - your post is also BS.

Check your sources carefully before posting if you want to be considered legitimate as a poster.

There are plenty of garbage posters here - you just have to decide if you want to be one of those.

Oh yeah, I'm LOVING the unverified but...uhmm..."Twitter man says!"- Type of posts😅🤣

This is absolutely gold though. 

Net worth, 330K. This is a man who served in Congress...pretty much the only place you can beat the market by 6-10% on average(only ~10% of traders actually beat the market) and he has no stocks. He was a staunch advocate for banning members or both houses from trading. 

The attacks;

1-He retired after 24 years when he was eligible to retire after 20. He retired BEFORE his unit was called up. He was already planning a Congressional run. That's...nothing. That is routine.

2-He ONCE when advocating for stricter gun laws said the same weapons he carried in War should not be available on the street(that's ONE mistake). That's the extent of the "dark and twisted path," he's got. 

3-and.....? He had a promotion that required him to finish up what's effectively continuing ed in the Military, something even my my right wing relatives, one who's a commander of a rangers reserve unit and one who was an 0-6 in the Navy after 20-some years, he was promoted before he'd spent 6 months on a ship at Sea(I believe that was a requirement to become an 0-5 IIRC, but he already attained that promotion before he'd fulfilled it.

It was FAR more common if you go back further.

4-The Minnesota protests/riots(which got particularly bad when one white supremacist started a Target on fire in an attempt to make the protesters look particularly bad(similar to the white supremacists who used protests to murder two people in Oakland)...and Trump was PRAISING the hell out of him!

5-His coaching career

But...there is NOTHING here. Something about him claiming to be a "head coach?" LOL...again, seriously?

His students absolutely love the guy...but what's the controversy now? Apparently he was "just" a DL coach! He was one of 4 coaches on a winless team, the kids, again, loved him, he was a great coach, helped them win a state title, kids rave about him, but what's the GOP writing?

"Tim Walz wasn't a head coach, he was just a DL coach," writes some Fox news contributor!

I mean...this is it? LMFAO...THIS is the "twisted" past of Tim Walz? It's so ridiculous. 

TRUMP'S VP COMPARED TRUMP TO HITLER! He called him a "noxious man," who lacked the moral integrity to lead among other things. 

This one is particularly bad. You KNOW the right is just grasping...grasping at whatever they can as Tim Walz is about as clean and honorable a man as you've seen on a Presidential Ticket in a LOONG time. No criminal past, and no suspicion of a criminal past, he's open, honest and actually decent. 

So...of course it's time to try and tear him down!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tim-walz-is-a-great-partner-just-ask-the-football-coach-he-worked-under

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/07/nx-s1-5065779/a-look-at-tim-walzs-early-years-as-a-high-school-teacher-and-football-coach

image.thumb.png.c476b16b8062e41de409eebee6d8cb2e.png

• Brain 1

Going after a VP candidate for retiring early from the military isn't going to be effective. I'm not sure why Trump and Vance are wasting so much time on that pointless line of attack. Who are they going to convince-the people who DID serve 20+ years in the national guard and didn't retire? It's not like Vietnam where dodging the draft became a contentious issue.

But there is something very unsettling about Tim Walz to me when I've seen him.  I think it's his exaggerated movements whenever he does or says anything. It seems completely contrived. It reminds me a bit of the face Nixon put on to the public. 

Edited by billyhoyle

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Going after a VP candidate for retiring early from the military isn't going to be effective. I'm not sure why Trump and Vance are wasting so much time on that pointless line of attack. Who are they going to convince-the people who DID serve 20+ years in the national guard and didn't retire? It's not like Vietnam where dodging the draft became a contentious issue.

But there is something very unsettling about Tim Walz to me when I've seen him.  I think it's his exaggerated movements whenever he does or says anything. It seems completely contrived. It reminds me a bit of the face Nixon put on to the public. 

He's not a Shapiro and certainly not an Obama. He's not a great orator, his appearance with Harris did look a little odd...but to me, it's just a guy who's...relatively normal. 

A guy who was a teacher, in the National Guard, someone the kids loved(and was apparently pretty tough on them getting them in the weight room...but sure, he's not a natural speaker. Obviously, I'd prefer another Obama-style speaker(I think everyone can agree, even if you didn't like him, he was an incredible public speaker).  

I happen to think Vance is exactly what you're describing Vance is. Then again, I don't think Vance believes what he says(more on that in the next post). 

I like the guy. My first choice was Kelly. I thought he was perfect. Though...I have ZERO doubt they'd still have attacked him. The former fighter pilot who became an Astronaut, then helped nurse his wife back from a gunshot to the head AND is in a swing state(Minnesota is not a swing state). I'm sure his service would have been smeared all the same(I mean, John McCain's was and that was apparently fine). 

But he's new to the National Stage. I'll be curious to see how he does in the VP debates. Either way...this election has gone from a NEAR certainty for Trump to a complete toss-up in a very short period of time. 

image.png

image.png

43 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

He's not a Shapiro and certainly not an Obama. He's not a great orator, his appearance with Harris did look a little odd...but to me, it's just a guy who's...relatively normal. 

A guy who was a teacher, in the National Guard, someone the kids loved(and was apparently pretty tough on them getting them in the weight room...but sure, he's not a natural speaker. Obviously, I'd prefer another Obama-style speaker(I think everyone can agree, even if you didn't like him, he was an incredible public speaker).  

I happen to think Vance is exactly what you're describing Vance is. Then again, I don't think Vance believes what he says(more on that in the next post). 

I like the guy. My first choice was Kelly. I thought he was perfect. Though...I have ZERO doubt they'd still have attacked him. The former fighter pilot who became an Astronaut, then helped nurse his wife back from a gunshot to the head AND is in a swing state(Minnesota is not a swing state). I'm sure his service would have been smeared all the same(I mean, John McCain's was and that was apparently fine). 

But he's new to the National Stage. I'll be curious to see how he does in the VP debates. Either way...this election has gone from a NEAR certainty for Trump to a complete toss-up in a very short period of time. 

image.png

image.png

Except when I see Walz talk, normal isn’t the word that comes to my mind. It’s all strangely exaggerated. Normal people don’t act the way he does. Kamala seems much more normal to me in the way she acts than he does. 

• Bob 3

50 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Except when I see Walz talk, normal isn’t the word that comes to my mind. It’s all strangely exaggerated. Normal people don’t act the way he does. Kamala seems much more normal to me in the way she acts than he does. 

Can't argue with this..

But at least he stocks the men's bathrooms with tampons. Not weird at all...

2 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Guess I'll have to agree to disagree(kinda...).

I think he's pretty damn good here. Getting up in the middle of a National Campaign and being thrown into the spotlight...I don't think he's as comfortable with the rally speeches and the crowds.

But this is a guy I'd want representing me. And the fact that after all that time service, he doesn't own stock and his net worth is...actually less than the average American(certainly 60-year-old American)...this helped make me a fan.

• Fire 1