Would a Brooks Yazdani match be extra spicy?

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

People are soft because they are very easily offended, not just because they criticize something. I can handle criticism and have never gotten upset about anything said regarding this situation. There are people that are either professing Christian’s or non-Muslims that acted like they are offended by what Brooks said. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Again, the Christian view is that Jesus Christ is the only way. So, if someone is offended by what Brooks said, then they are just offended by Christianity. This has not been a very fruitful back and forth conversation so I’m going to opt out from replying further. Have a nice day. 

To believe that and talk about it in appropriate settings is one thing. Too win a sporting event and decide it’s time to attack another religion is another. It was just odd and a choice that tells me Brooks is kind of one of those c*nty religious types.

If Yazdani is winning late, does Carl distract the ref while the Jesus Trained stable of Marinelli, Carr, and Kerk come out from the stands and hit him with metal folding chair shots then Brooks covers for the three count when the ref comes back? Asking because sometimes god works in mysterious ways...

• Bob 1
  • Haha 4

i am an idiot on the internet

17 hours ago, Gus said:

I know that people that follow Islam, Buddism, Catholicism, etc do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and I disagree with them, but it does not offend me.  

Gus, I believe you're mistaken about Catholics.  I'm not one, but my wife is, and she says Catholics believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven.  I also found this info on the catholic.com site: 

"A lot of people have misconceptions about the Catholic Church. Catholic Answers is a media ministry that answers questions about what the Church really teaches...The Church understands that...(w)e can’t save ourselves, but we don’t need to: Jesus Christ has paid the price for our sins. The Catholic Church teaches that salvation comes through Jesus alone (Acts 4:12), since he is the “one mediator between God and man” (1 Tm 2:5-6)."

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Wrestling said:

Gus, I believe you're mistaken about Catholics.  I'm not one, but my wife is, and she says Catholics believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven.  I also found this info on the catholic.com site: 

"A lot of people have misconceptions about the Catholic Church. Catholic Answers is a media ministry that answers questions about what the Church really teaches...The Church understands that...(w)e can’t save ourselves, but we don’t need to: Jesus Christ has paid the price for our sins. The Catholic Church teaches that salvation comes through Jesus alone (Acts 4:12), since he is the “one mediator between God and man” (1 Tm 2:5-6)."

They might say that but the Catholic doctrine reveals that it’s Jesus Christ + a bunch of other things (such as the sacraments of the church, Mary as the door to heaven, etc). 

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

If Yazdani is winning late, does Carl distract the ref while the Jesus Trained stable of Marinelli, Carr, and Kerk come out from the stands and hit him with metal folding chair shots then Brooks covers for the three count when the ref comes back? Asking because sometimes god works in mysterious ways...

Uh, like this?

23d29f7a8c1a28ed078dbcde522ff933.gif

OpfZlduA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

8 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

So we think Muhammad is just gonna sit back and let this happen?

When Yazdani comes up with an all-time heel gimmick like "Ram Of The East" then I'll give him some storyline

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Gus said:

They might say that but the Catholic doctrine reveals that it’s Jesus Christ + a bunch of other things (such as the sacraments of the church, Mary as the door to heaven, etc). 

I think you may have misconceptions about Catholic doctrine.  For example, below (first link) is an article titled "Mary, Gate of Heaven," by a Catholic cardinal.  Note that he indicates that, since Mary gave birth to Jesus, she opened the door to to "the great achievement...of our Lord Jesus Christ, who came to save the world by dying on the cross for it." 

In short, Mary is the door to heaven in the sense that she was instrumental in bringing Jesus into the world, not that she's the way to salvation, which is only through Jesus.  As another example, the second link below is an article titled "Is Jesus the Only Way to Salvation?" by a Catholic writer.  Note that he also states that the only way to eternal salvation is through the "Good Shepherd that lays down his life for his sheep."

https://www.cardinaljohnhenrynewman.com/mary-gate-of-heaven-cardinal-newman/

https://catholicexchange.com/jesus-way-salvation/

I would be interested in the "bunch of other things" you refer to that cause you to believe that Catholics don't believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven - preferably from Catholic sources.  (There's lots of information floating around about what other religions believe, but often it consists of misconceptions, uninformed opinions, etc.)

Edited by Hurricane Wrestling
clarification

32 minutes ago, Hurricane Wrestling said:

I think you may have misconceptions about Catholic doctrine.  For example, below (first link) is an article titled "Mary, Gate of Heaven," by a Catholic cardinal.  Note that he indicates that, since Mary gave birth to Jesus, she opened the door to to "the great achievement...of our Lord Jesus Christ, who came to save the world by dying on the cross for it." 

In short, Mary is the door to heaven in the sense that she was instrumental in bringing Jesus into the world, not that she's the way to salvation, which is only through Jesus.  As another example, the second link below is an article titled "Is Jesus the Only Way to Salvation?" by a Catholic writer.  Note that he also states that the only way to eternal salvation is through the "Good Shepherd that lays down his life for his sheep."

https://www.cardinaljohnhenrynewman.com/mary-gate-of-heaven-cardinal-newman/

https://catholicexchange.com/jesus-way-salvation/

I would be interested in the "bunch of other things" you refer to that cause you to believe that Catholics don't believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven - preferably from Catholic sources.  (There's lots of information floating around about what other religions believe, but often it consists of misconceptions, uninformed opinions, etc.)

I am not sure that this is a a great place to have this conversation but I will just briefly say that the Catholic church teaches that their is no salvation outside of the church. You can see this in their own words in The Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 846-848. They also believe in no salvation without their sacraments. If you are interested in this read the Catholic Encyclopedia pp.197-198 regarding the mass, p.65 for baptism.