Olympics: men boxing cs women?

Correct.  They’ve never been identified as male and they have been competing in the female ranks for years. They were DQ’d mid tournament at world championships by IIBA, which runs world but not Olympics, because they are probably the most corrupt governing body out there.  

Edited by WrestlingRasta

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yu‑ting of Chinese Taipei (Taiwan), who were both removed or stripped of medals from last year’s World Championships after allegedly failing gender-eligibility tests for the female category, have been cleared to fight at the Paris Olympics.

The two women have been at the center of the continuing controversy regarding the inclusion in the female sports category of women who have naturally elevated levels of testosterone. To be clear, these two women are not reportedly transgender, though anti-trans activists like Riley Gaines are making the claim they are men. These athletes may be intersex. 

Last year at the World Championships, governed by the International Boxing Association, IBA president Umar Kremlev claimed the two women had taken chromosome tests that came back as male, XY.

Yeah looks to me like they were actually born women.

Accusing actual women in the Olympics of being men was of course a predictable next step when we’ve got thousands of Americans that actually believe Michelle Obama is a man.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah looks to me like they were actually born women.

Accusing actual women in the Olympics of being men was of course a predictable next step when we’ve got thousands of Americans that actually believe Michelle Obama is a man.

Rugby star Ilona Maher is dealing with a lot of the same harassment. It's shameful.

It is unfortunate for the competitors but XYs should not be competing against XXs in boxing.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/02/200205132404.htm#:~:text=But even with roughly uniform,with time and with purpose

But even with roughly uniform levels of fitness, the males' average power during a punching motion was 162% greater than females', with the least-powerful man still stronger than the most powerful woman. Such a distinction between genders, Carrier says, develops with time and with purpose.

How much scientific evidence is required for the IOC to determine that these XY boxers with elevated testosterone levels have a disproportionate competitive advantage? 

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Beyond-the-Games/Human-Rights/IOC-Framework-Fairness-Inclusion-Non-discrimination-2021.pdf#page=4

---

image.png

--------------

They could listen to athletes that competed against them.

'When I fought with her I felt very out of my depth,' she wrote on X. 'Her blows hurt me a lot, I don't think I had ever felt like that in my 13 years as a boxer, nor in my sparring with men. Thank God that day I got out of the ring safely, and it's good that they finally realized.' - Brianda Tamara

Everyone talking in the comments about how unfair this boxing match was...

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yu‑ting of Chinese Taipei (Taiwan), who were both removed or stripped of medals from last year’s World Championships after allegedly failing gender-eligibility tests for the female category……. How do you figure you know they weren’t born men?

meet the transgender boxer?

IMG_6013.thumb.png.34d6cdb8bc7e055a9cc75cabcd1818bf.pngIMG_6012.thumb.png.eee299f602e7c6fdd3e868c5006f673c.png

6 hours ago, red viking said:

I agree, but sort of a trivial thing to complain about with all the bigger problems going on in the world. 

Trivial in a universe sense maybe, but not to those competing.  If equity is the goal, that should at least start with being fair in sports.  

mspart

19 minutes ago, mspart said:

Trivial in a universe sense maybe, but not to those competing.  If equity is the goal, that should at least start with being fair in sports.  

mspart

The left would have to admit it’s not fair…… which they will not do because it doesn’t jive with their overarching core message.   Slowly some athletic bodies are disallowing it. 

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

This is unconscionable. 

mspart

You don't think women should be able to compete against women if they have too much testosterone?

On 7/31/2024 at 10:00 AM, jross said:

How much scientific evidence is required for the IOC to determine that these XY boxers with elevated testosterone levels have a disproportionate competitive advantage? 

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Beyond-the-Games/Human-Rights/IOC-Framework-Fairness-Inclusion-Non-discrimination-2021.pdf#page=4

---

image.png

--------------

They could listen to athletes that competed against them.

Everyone talking in the comments about how unfair this boxing match was...

When do we start DQing basketball players for being too tall? These women were born women and have lived their whole lives as women. It's not even legal to be trans in Algeria.

She's been beaten a ton by the way. She's not an unstoppable force.

19 hours ago, Caveira said:

The left would have to admit it’s not fair…… which they will not do because it doesn’t jive with their overarching core message.   Slowly some athletic bodies are disallowing it. 

Neither of these women are trans. Stop spreading disinformation.

@uncle bernard What does it tell the world when the boxers have not sued and have not shared their own XX/XY results?

Why hasn't the organization shared the results?  It is most likely that these 'women' have XY chromosomes and the org does not want to be sued for violating privacy rights.

5 minutes ago, jross said:

@uncle bernard What does it tell the world when the boxers have not sued and have not shared their own XX/XY results?

Why hasn't the organization shared the results?  It is most likely that these 'women' have XY chromosomes and the org does not want to be sued for violating privacy rights.

How about you start using basic common sense for once? It’s not even legal to be trans in Algeria and you think they decided 20 years ago to disguise a boy from a small rural village as a girl on the off chance he would be good at sports?

Or is it more likely she was born with a chromosome disorder, which is far more common than you think? 1-2 in 100 people are born intersex. Many never find out because they have normal male or female sexual organs - like these women. 

You’re choosing to believe the far less likely possibility because it scratches the right itch in your mind. 

Well, this is the consequence:

Half this country is borderline schizophrenic. 

Intersex, raised a girl, none of that matters.

XY should not box XX, especially when

• multiple competitors say the XY hits with the power of a man
  • reports of high testosterone
Edited by jross

I DO NOT CARE IF A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPETE AS XY IN XX AND FEEL THIS IS AN INJUSTICE.  LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

Edited by jross
  • Bob 1

Just now, jross said:

Intersex, raised a girl, none of that matters.

XY should not box XX, especially when

• multiple competitors say the XY hits with the power of a man
  • reports of high testosterone

It's all fun and games until someone sees Amit Elor's broad shoulders and big muscles and accuses her of being a man.

37 minutes ago, jross said:

We know they failed tests (maybe just one?), but that could have just been for elevated testosterone, the XY chromosome claim is really just coming from some Russian dude who is apparently corrupt.

Edited by 1032004

19 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

It's all fun and games until someone sees Amit Elor's broad shoulders and big muscles and accuses her of being a man.

Does she have XY chromosomes?  

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

We know they failed tests (maybe just one?), but that could have just been for elevated testosterone, the XY chromosome claim is really just coming from some Russian dude who is apparently corrupt.

Yes, 100%. It came from the Russian head of IBA - who got stripped of their governance for extensive corruption - after....*checks notes*....she beat a Russian boxer at the world championships. The IBA has never produced those results.

@jross