Major Announcement In Columbus at 1p ET/ 12p CT

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah definitely "a thing" for me, the idea probably has more momentum in my consciousness than it should.

BINGO.

To be fair, you made a couple positive comments last season about them...

On 7/27/2024 at 9:25 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

Because their wrestlers are consistently mediocre at skills which are teachable and represent pivotal moments in competitive matches or bridging the gap from winning to dominating. Examples include, front head/head under chest, mat returns, getting off bottom...these are things many programs do solidly up and down their lineups. 

The also have a tendency for guys to peak really early. Myles Martin, Nathan Tomasello and Bo Jordan are examples of guys who made the gains you make from acclimating to the intensity and physicality of a college room, and then didn't grow or regressed.

They also have more weight cuts seem to turn public than most programs. (Sasso, Snyder, Moore). The following shocks me so badly I've gone back to make sure its real a few times, in Stieber's Flo film, he says when he was a freshmen that he used to skip practice because he felt like garbage and would just float off the last few pounds. That's incompetent.

There are things to criticize with any coaching staff outside of State College, but you invalidate your own criticism when your starting place is "they can't coach."  It's a ridiculous statement that doesn't even really merit a rebuttal, but because you've annoyed me I'll do it anyway.  

• The "getting off bottom" criticism had some merit a few years ago but has largely been corrected.  I think that can definitely be attributed to a lack of focus on that area historically which was definitely worthy of examination.  
  • Front head or head under I don't know where you're getting that.  There are a number of wrestlers in their lineup that score frequently from both positions.  Mat returns I'm assuming you just threw in their because you needed a third example and you picked it out of a hat. 
  • Tomasello went 1-3-3-3 with losses to Gilman, Clark, and Lee at NCAA's.  Wrestled a great tournament his freshman year but was lucky to have Moisey in the finals.  
  • Martin had an all-time run as a true freshman to win it from the 11 seed, but only faced the 6 seed and three unseeded opponents until he knocked off an over-zealous Nickal in that final.  He improved every single year thereafter. 
  • Bo Jordan was hampered massively in the back half of his career by injuries, and dealt with an unplanned launch into fatherhood while still in college.  

Your criticism is lazy, and if you really want to criticize Ohio State you're not even picking the right examples. 

You also completely ignore the many many positive examples that support an argument that not only can TR and staff coach, but they can coach quite well.  

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie said:

There are things to criticize with any coaching staff outside of State College, but you invalidate your own criticism when your starting place is "they can't coach."  It's a ridiculous statement that doesn't even really merit a rebuttal, but because you've annoyed me I'll do it anyway.  

• The "getting off bottom" criticism had some merit a few years ago but has largely been corrected.  I think that can definitely be attributed to a lack of focus on that area historically which was definitely worthy of examination.  
  • Front head or head under I don't know where you're getting that.  There are a number of wrestlers in their lineup that score frequently from both positions.  Mat returns I'm assuming you just threw in their because you needed a third example and you picked it out of a hat. 
  • Tomasello went 1-3-3-3 with losses to Gilman, Clark, and Lee at NCAA's.  Wrestled a great tournament his freshman year but was lucky to have Moisey in the finals.  
  • Martin had an all-time run as a true freshman to win it from the 11 seed, but only faced the 6 seed and three unseeded opponents until he knocked off an over-zealous Nickal in that final.  He improved every single year thereafter. 
  • Bo Jordan was hampered massively in the back half of his career by injuries, and dealt with an unplanned launch into fatherhood while still in college.  

Your criticism is lazy, and if you really want to criticize Ohio State you're not even picking the right examples. 

You also completely ignore the many many positive examples that support an argument that not only can TR and staff coach, but they can coach quite well.  

whatever you say

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 7/28/2024 at 3:52 AM, Fred said:

Ryan has coached two programs to historic heights, and Steiber (your most shocking example) to 4x champ. Can't be as bad as you let on

It is the recruiting. He would have been a 4xer no matter where he went.🙃

• Bob 1

On 7/28/2024 at 11:15 AM, Hammerlock3 said:

"Compared to programs with comparable resources and many with inferior, tOSU's athletes display a disproportionate amount of unnecessary short comings."

You see what you want to see. You are a hater. That is fine. Give me a "program with comparable resources" and I will find something to bitch about if I look really hard and focus on them for years.

• Bob 1

On 7/28/2024 at 1:02 PM, MPhillips said:

BINGO.

To be fair, you made a couple positive comments last season about them...

... but did he get all the way on the bus?

35 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

You see what you want to see. You are a hater. That is fine. Give me a "program with comparable resources" and I will find something to bitch about if I look really hard and focus on them for years.

you're right, all programs are equal.

7 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

Or how about all programs have their flaws(although I do not agree with anything you said about the Buckeyes). 

I agree all programs have their flaws and no one should be allowed to talk about them.

On 7/29/2024 at 3:40 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

you're right, all programs are equal.

Your response to "give me a program with comparable resources."

Damn...I don't know why, but I thought you were just a normal poster...until the "what is a leader" thread and now seeing all the others...you're just a troll and not a very good one. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Your response to "give me a program with comparable resources."

Damn...I don't know why, but I thought you were just a normal poster...until the "what is a leader" thread and now seeing all the others...you're just a troll and not a very good one. 

dude please calm down. we had a unproductive back and forth, just leave it at that please.

• Clown 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two Coleman Scott updates that I haven’t seen discussed here.

1.  He appears to have also been hired to coach a youth club at Edmond North in Oklahoma one night a week, in addition to the Ohio RTC job.

2.  He did an interview on Intermat a few weeks ago.  The most notable part is probably him addressing allegations of financial misconduct against him. TL/DR, he was really pissed about the allegations and that was the reason he was considering leaving wrestling (so, not not getting the OSU job).   At first I thought he was just referring to Facebook comments or something but towards the end he seems to mention that someone is suing him?

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

1.  He appears to have also been hired to coach a youth club at Edmond North in Oklahoma one night a week, in addition to the Ohio RTC job.

2.  He did an interview on Intermat a few weeks ago.  The most notable part is probably him addressing allegations of financial misconduct against him. TL/DR, he was really pissed about the allegations and that was the reason he was considering leaving wrestling (so, not not getting the OSU job).   At first I thought he was just referring to Facebook comments or something but towards the end he seems to mention that someone is suing him?

So those totally dogging on OSU and DT might not know the intricacies of what was happening behind the scene?  You don't say?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

It was a good interview. A bit painful as a lifelong Pokes fan but was good to hear what Coleman's thinking about all this. He's clearly very shaken by the rumors and I interpreted it as his lawyers are digging into the financial misconduct rumors and will be filing suit for slander/libel/defamation of character, that kind of thing. It makes sense because if he didn't do any of that stuff then the rumors have a real chance of making him unemployable. So they're tracking down the source of the rumors and will file suit or claim damages or whatever else.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So those totally dogging on OSU and DT might not know the intricacies of what was happening behind the scene?  You don't say?

Hard to know when Coleman himself was silent on things for so long. Rumor mill runs strong esp in the offseason lol

8 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

I interpreted it as his lawyers are digging into the financial misconduct rumors and will be filing suit for slander/libel/defamation of character, that kind of thing. It makes sense because if he didn't do any of that stuff then the rumors have a real chance of making him unemployable. So they're tracking down the source of the rumors and will file suit or claim damages or whatever else.

This is what I thought when he started talking about it but at 30:59 he says “here’s the posts and everybody’s name that sued me,” but could have been a Freudian slip I suppose

10 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

It was a good interview. A bit painful as a lifelong Pokes fan but was good to hear what Coleman's thinking about all this. He's clearly very shaken by the rumors and I interpreted it as his lawyers are digging into the financial misconduct rumors and will be filing suit for slander/libel/defamation of character, that kind of thing. It makes sense because if he didn't do any of that stuff then the rumors have a real chance of making him unemployable. So they're tracking down the source of the rumors and will file suit or claim damages or whatever else.

Hard to know when Coleman himself was silent on things for so long. Rumor mill runs strong esp in the offseason lol

Is it true Jimmy was recently seen boarding a flight to Bolivia?  Maybe just a rumor.  🤔

2 hours ago, alex1fly said:

Any smoke as to where they started?  Or why?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me